does apple cider vinegar really work??

Options

Replies

• ruthieg10
    ruthieg10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dont really try my recipe I was teasing. It will just make your stomach burn, you vomit from the cod liver oil, and get the poopoos from the castor oil..

I'm so glad you put this, i was going to say your miracle concoction sounds gross!Glad you were teasing ;-)x
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Didn't work for me and I ate it for a long while...
  • 84lbs84days
    Options
    If you get a bad sunburn, apply it to a soft (very soft) towel and apply generously to avoid the burn from actually burning and the skin from peeling away. We learned about this on vacation and have used it two or three times.

Now in terms of helping to lose weight. Not to my knowledge. Want to lose weight? Simply consume fewer calories than you are burning each day.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Green Tea, a good antioxidant, may also help speed metabolism. Also keeps your water from being so boring. I put a tea bag in my water bottle.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I've heard the same thing about maple syrup (much tastier!). I think the real supressant is the big glass ofwater filling you up!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Don't know about ACV, but if you ever burn yourself while cooking, immediately put white vinegar on it. You won't be sorry! It's amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • lindseymaekeller
    Options
    I would agree that it does help suppressing appetite...probably because it tastes so nasty. I use it in pill form to help with bloating and upset stomach. It has helped with my bloating IMMENSELY. I had so many stomach issues, a cup of water would bloat me like crazy and I'd have to unbutton my pants! I find it also makes me very "regular." Maybe that's what they mean by aiding in weight loss?
  • Hughes79
    Hughes79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take it when I get a bout of the gout, it works well. New Seasons has some pretty good ACV drinks that taste much better than mixing it with water and honey, which is usually how I take it.
  • 84lbs84days
    84lbs84days Posts: 10
    Options
    Calorie deficit = weight loss.

Hit your calorie goal and exercise.

And be sure to make those calories nutritionally dense... to optimize your overall health.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    37638127.jpg
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I tried doing a little ACV in water before meals and it worked (sorta) because I lost my appetite because it made my tummy hurt. I didn't continue because it was super uncomfortable. Filling up on fluids in general will discourage you from over eating. I prefer Kombucha these days because it's far gentler on my stomach and helps with the discomfort I get from my lactose intolerance plus I get a little caffine boost.
  • YES IT WORKS , HOWEVER YOU CANT USE THE CRAP IN REGULAR STORES, THAT IS CLEAR YOU COULD HURT YOURSELF >..IT MUST BE ORGANIC APPLE CIDER WITH THE MOTHER IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS LOOK IT UP..I HAVENT HAD A SOAR THROAT IN 20 YEARS CAUSE I GARGLE WHEN I FEEL ONE ONSET AND SSWALLOW....IT WORKD FOR NUMNEROUS OTHER ISSUES BUT NOT THE CLEAR CRAP IN THE STORE>...BEST BRAND IS BRAGG ACV
  • YES IT WORKS , HOWEVER YOU CANT USE THE CRAP IN REGULAR STORES, THAT IS CLEAR YOU COULD HURT YOURSELF >..IT MUST BE ORGANIC APPLE CIDER WITH THE MOTHER IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS LOOK IT UP..I HAVENT HAD A SOAR THROAT IN 20 YEARS CAUSE I GARGLE WHEN I FEEL ONE ONSET AND SSWALLOW....IT WORKD FOR NUMNEROUS OTHER ISSUES BUT NOT THE CLEAR CRAP IN THE STORE>...BEST BRAND IS BRAGG ACV
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sure it works. Makes great salad dressing.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have read so much about it as a natural "miracle" cure for a multitude of things. I don't know about the weight-loss effects, but my husband and I try to take it daily, because it has so many reported benefits.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    YES IT WORKS , HOWEVER YOU CANT USE THE CRAP IN REGULAR STORES, THAT IS CLEAR YOU COULD HURT YOURSELF >..IT MUST BE ORGANIC APPLE CIDER WITH THE MOTHER IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS LOOK IT UP..I HAVENT HAD A SOAR THROAT IN 20 YEARS CAUSE I GARGLE WHEN I FEEL ONE ONSET AND SSWALLOW....IT WORKD FOR NUMNEROUS OTHER ISSUES BUT NOT THE CLEAR CRAP IN THE STORE>...BEST BRAND IS BRAGG ACV

Why are WE SHOUTING? ????? And ..whatever...this is silliness....
  • Bettyanne77
    Options
    I doubt it really helps weight loss. Also a woman I know was into taking lots of ACV and she actually damaged her insides and needed hospital treatment, I think she was drinking it a neat though but still it puts me off.
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have heard having 1TBSP of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before every meal helps to lose weight. Is it so??? has anybody tried it??

LOL...I've never heard of this. Thats kinda nasty...
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    YES IT WORKS , HOWEVER YOU CANT USE THE CRAP IN REGULAR STORES, THAT IS CLEAR YOU COULD HURT YOURSELF >..IT MUST BE ORGANIC APPLE CIDER WITH THE MOTHER IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS LOOK IT UP..I HAVENT HAD A SOAR THROAT IN 20 YEARS CAUSE I GARGLE WHEN I FEEL ONE ONSET AND SSWALLOW....IT WORKD FOR NUMNEROUS OTHER ISSUES BUT NOT THE CLEAR CRAP IN THE STORE>...BEST BRAND IS BRAGG ACV

aaaaaaaaaaaaa! Stop. All shouty. Staaaahp.