Best Thing Ever: How to ignore annoying MFPers

Options
Have you learned how to use the glorious ignore function????

You may already know how to hide folks in your own News Feed - either delete them or click "hide" beside one of their updates that shows in your friend feed.

You can also ignore folks you don't ever want to see posts from by clicking the tiny blue down arrow next to their name and under their picture in any forum thread. There are some limitations - for example, if another responder "quotes" the annoying poster, you will see that text. Some responses may not make sense if they are responding to the person you ignored. If the person you are ignoring makes additional inflammatory remarks, you won't see it (so you can't respond, but it sure helps you appear to take the high road!).

This trick puts the enjoyment BACK into the forum and allows you to selectively remove from your view the jerks. I know there are a few names I don't EVER need to see what they may have to say to anyone... so now... I don't hafta. Just wanted to share something I'd forgotten.

Happy posting!

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ok, this took me forever to figure out. Good thing you thought to post it. :smile:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Done!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    mochamix you are beautiful!!! thank you so much for that info:flowerforyou:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This trick puts the enjoyment BACK into the forum and allows you to selectively remove from your view the jerks.

I think the jerks are the funnest part of the forum! I'm immensly entertained by the blow up threads.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Oh oh oh!! AND --- in future forum posts, all you see is a blank line that says "you are ignoring this poster"... and then can click to un-ignore them or leave it as is. So fabulously wonderful. I'm still enjoying the spoils of this!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Luckily, thanks to MFP's ancient quoting system, even if your ignored user has been quoted, you might not know it. Names aren't put with the quotes.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posing, I never knew that
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This trick puts the enjoyment BACK into the forum and allows you to selectively remove from your view the jerks.

I think the jerks are the funnest part of the forum! I'm immensly entertained by the blow up threads.

Tee, hee! Me too.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Yes I am familiar with this feature. One by one, posters were announcing that they were putting me on ignore. It made me laugh. I'm too nosey to ever use an ignore feature on any forum.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    3,336 posts isn't a lot.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    ahahahaha YES! i saw one today 13,589 or something stupid!

Their is so many people i will be doing this too thanks for the heads up, I cant stand nasty rude people!:flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks!
  • Aviva92
    Options
    I wonder how many posters have me on ignore.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Edited because it looked ridiculous without the quote for reference.
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many posters have me on ignore.

HAHAHA!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see! Like this? *accidentally hides OP....oops.

Just kidding. :tongue:
  • redchevy54
    redchevy54 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Without this feature I could not stand to stay on MFP.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    B U M P! thank you!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I volunteer right now! If you don't have the mental acuity to ignore people using your own brain, then you don't need to be reading what I write.

Oh hell no!! you're too funny to ignore... and right...(at least here)

:flowerforyou: