Best Thing Ever: How to ignore annoying MFPers

Options

Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I wish there was an "ignore annoying thread" option. Instead, I have to rely on my rascally whimsy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...in case anyone considered ignoring me at some time and then forgot my name.

Personally, the curiosity keeps me from ignoring anyone for very long...so I use my built-in "ignore/disregard" function.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't know her but this is kind of a rude thing to say. That's an average of 4.5 posts per day, which is less than my average.
    [/quote]

I'm hoping he's using her as an example, I have no idea if she's ever said anything to offend him though.

I've seen plenty over people with over 10k posts.
    Not ridiculous at all.
    Especially if they participate in those "rate the person above you" type threads *bleck*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes I am familiar with this feature. One by one, posters were announcing that they were putting me on ignore. It made me laugh. I'm too nosey to ever use an ignore feature on any forum.

thanks for your post OP, I already found it by accident and I was putting only zombie profile people on ignore but since she chimed in, you're thread has reminded me to put her on ignore too. thanks a bunch OP!:laugh: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    In...

Personally, the curiosity keeps me from ignoring anyone for very long...so I use my built-in "ignore/disregard" function.

I don't understand. How can you ignore something if it's in front of you? Do you put your hand up?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    In...

Also this. Way too much temptation to see what the "ignored user" is saying that I can't see.
  • mwalker73
    Options
    But, but, I love the random troll threads that send everyone into a tizzy! It's highly entertaining. Heck, one of my favorite threads resulted in a link to someone's junk while everyone call the OP a hooker.
  • Crystle85
    Options
    I get too much enjoyment from watching people act like idiots to ignore anyone.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    In...

Wait, you mean to say you rely on your own mental acuity and emotional maturity to simply read something and decide then - after reading it - whether to ignore it or not? It's almost like the real world, interacting with different kinds of people. Very brave, sir. I like it.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I only knew part of what you posted..
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I have been asking around but no one seems to know.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    In...

Wait, you mean to say you rely on your own mental acuity and emotional maturity to simply read something and decide then - after reading it - whether to ignore it or not? It's almost like the real world, interacting with different kinds of people. Very brave, sir. I like it.

That's madness. Big government is the way to go. I want things ignored FOR me.
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It would figure people on here would get on their high horses over the ignore feature.

Anyway, OP. Thanks for posting this for those that didn't know. :)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic. OP, thank you so much. Everyone wins. All the trolls will come in to make fun of this thread, and have a lot of fun. And everyone else can ignore them as they come 'round.

Brilliant, win-win solution. NICE!
  • lei1111
    Options
    bump and thanks so much. be well.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I volunteer right now! If you don't have the mental acuity to ignore people using your own brain, then you don't need to be reading what I write.

no
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    We should keep this information available to newcomers somehow.

Sometimes I enjoy the goofing around, but there are times when it just annoys me and interferes with the topic. You don't have to keep people on ignore. Just un-ignore when you are in the mood for some goofy stuff.
    I agree, it is a wonderful sense of freedom. If you read through a thread, and then go back and re-read it after you ignore all those who deserve to be ignored, it is a pretty pleasant, supportive read!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic. OP, thank you so much. Everyone wins. All the trolls will come in to make fun of this thread, and have a lot of fun. And everyone else can ignore them as they come 'round.

I see what you did there.

No, you're not on ignore.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

Indeed. If this ever catches on here, it will revolutionize MFP.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I see what you did there.

No, you're not on ignore.

Imagines if Eman looks like this right now:

tumblr_lyci2t8hC01qen75u.gif