Hello I'm a newbie and have 16st/223lb to lose.

Options
Hello everyone,

As you can see I have a huge amount of weight to lose. I know it's going to be tough but I'm ready for it. I have very little support. A friend recommended this site so I thought I'd see what it's all about. I'll get there though and look forward to meeting you. ;-)

Replies

• DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would like to be your friend. I have a lot of weight to lose and need support as well.
  • Port47
    Port47 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome,I as well have a fair amount of weight to lose(80lbs).I have been on MFP for three weeks and after the first 2wks.I lost 4lbs.I find this site very exciting and you get such great encouragement from everyone here. Feel free to add me as a friend.:happy:
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, we can motivate each other. I'm finding the more I put into this site the more I want to keep coming back and doing well. It's a great place.
  • Hiya =D - I had a lot of weight to lose when I started also and would love to have you as mfp :)
  • audra0831
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request, would love to be your friend! :flowerforyou:
  • ACrowsDay
    ACrowsDay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Guess I don't have alot in common but I'd love ya for a friend...I'd like to lose maybe 15 more lbs. For the last year just trying to maintain! Jen:flowerforyou:
  • theresaaustin24
    Options
    I was hesitant at first on doing this, but this site is so very user friendly and it is very easy and I was quick to learn that certain things I was "snacking on" were so high in calories, no wonder I couldn't lose and kept adding the pounds on! Hang in there! You can do this and trust me once you get to a point where you can add excercise in , that is even more exciting! Also try not to drink your calories whenever possible, at least not in high sugary drinks such as kool aid and soda, have a coffee , tea etc but try to drink plenty of water ! :)
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Everyone - please feel free to add me as well - I will be glad to be on your support team and you can be on mine. We got this!
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Please everyone feel free to add me as well!!! I have about 90 pounds to go and would love some more MFP friends and motivation! :-)
  • Hershpup
    Hershpup Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I have over 100 pounds to lose. :) it's my second week here myself.
  • smekiawilliams
    smekiawilliams Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just take it one step at a time. This site is amazing. The more people you have encouraging you, the easier it becomes. Please feel free to add me as a friend! We can support one another!
  • m00glem0g
    m00glem0g Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good for you on taking a brave and exciting step!!! :-)
  • tweetybird41
    tweetybird41 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    add me. love friends
  • jakob808
    Options
    Hi! I just joined today. Need to lose about 50 pounds (which considering I'm only 5' tall is about 1/3 of me). Please add me. Still trying to figure this sight out, but I'm working on it :)
  • laurabraun92
    laurabraun92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Laura. I could use some friends and support too. I have never been skinny and can't wait to see what its like. All I want right now is to fit better in a couple of really beautiful dresses I have.
  • Scorcherpants
    Options
    Wow, I didn't expect such a huge response and warm welcome. Thank you so much! It's almost 2am so I must go to bed but will definitely catch up with you tomorrow. I should be in bed already but my grandad is in hospital and the doctors think he will only live for a couple more days at the most. I also found out today that a friend of mine has passed away from cancer and she was only 45. So it's really hard going at the moment. But you have all just given me hope, to get such a warm welcome is amazing and very much appreciated. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

Thanks again,
    Lisa
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have lost 52 pounds so far (just 12 since I started here at MFP) but it is a great site--full of lots of information and support. I still have about 30-50 pounds to go (30 if I just want to get reasonably normal and 50 if I want to get to an ideal weight). At the weight you are now, the weight should come off pretty quickly--it gets slower as you go along but it WILL come off. One thing that I would encourage you to do is to find some kind of exercise that you like to do and will persist in doing. Weight lifting is also VERY beneficial as it builds lean body mass (LBM) and that burns body fat 24-7. When I started my weight loss journey, I didn't know about weight lifting and consequently, I suspect that I lost LBM as well as fat. I started exercising last summer (and at that point, I couldn't even FIND my muscles--totally squishy) and I have only lost 17 pounds since then, but I have really changed shape a lot--have lost 4 inches off my waist since then. I now have BICEPS! YAY! (Not big bulky ones---just nice firm ones). Check out Ed Davenport's success story (I think he lost 304 pounds). Enjoy the journey--it is a great adventure! :smile:

p.s. Sorry to hear about your friend and your grandpa--I just read your post. Will be praying for you.
  • Cruelties
    Options
    Hello! I sent you a friend request. I'd love some new friends as well, I am restarting my weight loss journey, and trying to take it more seriously this time around.
  • beauty4ashes777
    Options
    Im right there with you sister (I have 150 lbs to lose). We CAN do this!
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 10 stone and I'm about 1½ down at the moment in about 6 weeks. Its a long path but it'll be worthwhile!