Diet Coke vs. Coke Zero

Options
What is the point of both of these existing? And which do you prefer?

I don't drink soda regularly, but when I do, I prefer the taste (aspartame! lol) of Diet Coke. Regular Coke is just so viscous.

We got Coke Zero tonight and it's thick like regular Coca Cola but in a bubbly way instead of a syrupy way.

Which do you like?

Replies

• MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero. With the Diet coke I can taste the artificial sweetener and it is foul.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero. With the Diet coke I can taste the artificial sweetener and it is foul.

I guess it doesn't bother me in diet coke. Enough orange oil and cinnamon oil and anything becomes palatable I guess. :laugh:

But that's the only thing I can stand sweeteners in. Unless it's sugar or stevia, no thank you.
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    They both exist because when they first came out with Diet Coke in the 80s it developed a HUGE fanbase/following. It doesn't taste exactly like Coke, but people loved it like that. Then they came out with Coke Zero which actually DOES taste like Coke, which some people like, and some people think it's too sweet/whatever and prefer Diet Coke. So... they just kept both hahha. I used to drink Diet Coke and didn't give Coke zero a chance... until I did.... and now I'm 100% Coke Zero if I have a choice.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of regular coke (or Pepsi) at all. I also don't like Diet Coke - I don't know what is different between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi - but I totally can tell the difference - and like Diet Pepsi hands down.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero tastes a bit more like the Classic Coke, with it's 'bite' for lack of a better way to put it. Diet Coke, not so much.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Coke zero tastes better to me because Diet coke tastes a bit flat.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero for sure (I'm actually drinking one right now lol) - I can't stand the aspartame aftertaste of Diet Coke.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero.

Because I'm not on a diet, and find the name insulting.
  • Fat_Jimi
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero (way too much coke zero)

I find I have a dry mouth after drinking diet coke
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero all the way!!
  • shantae1125
    Options
    Neither.... Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry is the ish!!!! LOL
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Neither, they both taste like crap to me :drinker:
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    coke zero. it's my 'can't have a coffee atm but need SOMETHING' drink
  • msfahrenheit
    Options
    Coke Zero is *so* much better than Diet Coke. I can't drink regular Coke because it's too thick and syrupy, but I think Coke Zero has much more of the Coke taste than Diet Coke.
  • Jozie_
    Jozie_ Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Genuinely curious, in what scenario can you not have coffee but drink coke zero?
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke was intentionally made to taste different than regular Coca-Cola. It isn't just the artificial sweetener causing the difference in flavor--the flavor formulation of the syrup is different, too. When Diet Coke was released, the Coca-Cola company set out to attract calorie conscious people who currently weren't drinking a Coke product. In other words, they wanted the Coca-Cola drinkers to keep drinking Coke, but also attract people who weren't drinking it. Fast-forward 20 years and the Coca-Cola company become particularly concerned about losing the young male demographic. They are the foundation of regular Coke, but if they leave the brand it is unlikely it would be to Diet Coke, which they had generally avoided. So, Coke Zero was made intentionally to taste like regular coke by just switching the sweetener. Diet coke still has a hard-core following, so they've kept it around.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

Genuinely curious, in what scenario can you not have coffee but drink coke zero?

teacher. i can have coke zero in my cupboard for a quick fix, but can't nip out and make a coffee when i'm teaching back to back classes :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a big fan of colas, especially diet. Out of the two I prefer Coke Zero, but when I do drink soda, it is usually at a restaurant, or movie, so my choice is either drink a ton of calories with full sugar soda, or Diet Coke. It ends up being Diet Coke, most of the time.
  • ihavehope4me
    Options
    I love Coke Zero hands down to Diet Coke... tastes way better to me.
  • TheFitFireman
    TheFitFireman Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke all the way, Coke Zero gives me headaches for some reason.