Replies

• Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    I love soda and will rank them in order of preference:

Coke/Pepsi (regular)
    Coke Zero VANILLA
    Diet Pepsi
    Diet Coke

I find Diet Coke most palatable when it's from a fountain rather than from a can/bottle. If we're talking home consumption, I prefer Diet Pepsi.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    i thought the difference was that coke zero has no caffeine while diet coke has. is that wrong?
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Coke Zero is supposed to taste more like regular coke than diet, and it was marketed for men because it is supposed to sound more "manly" without the word diet.
  • crabbok
    crabbok Posts: 66 Member
    How can ANYONE say that Coke Zero tastes like Coke? It's bizarre how different people have completely different taste buds.

I'd suggest going with Regular Coke, and just having a few sips, this way you won't be able to drink the whole thing, and will instead have water!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    I must try this Coke Zero you speak of. I occasionally treat myself to diet soda but hate the chemically aftertaste. Maybe Coke Zero is the one for me.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Apparently the actual reason for bringing out Coke Zero is because it's aimed more at men. According to Coca-Cola, Diet Coke is seen as a 'womans drink' by a lot of men.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    For me I will go for either. We don't tend to buy brand name Coke often as it can be pretty expensive but when we do I usually go with Coke Zero just because it's the only diet drink my husband will drink. He hates diet coke, diet pepsi, etc but will drink coke zero. I'm not picky when it comes to pops except I will not drink the regular pops as I find them far too sweet and syrupy.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    i thought the difference was that coke zero has no caffeine while diet coke has. is that wrong?

Coke Zero still has caffiene... they do have a diet coke that is caffiene free.

I could be wrong but I believe coke zero just uses a different sweetener.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Coke Zero tastes better. Pepsi Max tastes better than both. Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi tastes the best of all.
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    I have no preference. I honestly never realized there was such a huge difference in taste. I guess I will have to pay closer attention next time I drink them.
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    cherry coke zero is the ****.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I love Coke Zero. Used to love Diet Coke too, but the Coke Zero tastes so much more like regular soda to me.
  • Bannawoman
    Bannawoman Posts: 8 Member
    Neither.... Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry is the ish!!!! LOL

Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Vanilla is awesome . However, I think it is only available in tha US.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Diet Coke. Coke Zero has a weird taste and aftertaste to me.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    I rarely drink soda but I will always be a big Coca Cola fan. So Coke Zero for me. I haven't had regular soda in a very long time...I should treat myself to a glass someday ;)
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    You people are crazy. Coke Zero tastes nothing like regular Coke. I drink a regular coke every couple weeks when I get a craving. A Diet Coke every so often. The last time I drank a Coke Zero, my insides completely seized up and for over an hour I had the worst stomach pains I've ever had in my life. I haven't touched one since. But it doesn't change that fact that IT TASTES NOTHING LIKE COKE WITH SUGAR.
  • vchristie0811
    vchristie0811 Posts: 11 Member
    Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper is my hands-down favorite, but so hard to find!! But for cola - it's Coke Zero every time - I like it even better than regular Coke. Can't even drink Diet Coke anymore - blech. I read somewhere that Coke Zero and Pepsi Max were aimed at the guys - can color, design, name and all. Diet Coke is too girly - confirmed by the guy posts here. In a bind - I mix 75% diet coke with 25% Dr. Pepper or Cherry Coke to make my own lower-calorie soda that still tastes good. But I make soda a once-in-a-while treat no matter what.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    For me I will go for either. We don't tend to buy brand name Coke often as it can be pretty expensive but when we do I usually go with Coke Zero just because it's the only diet drink my husband will drink. He hates diet coke, diet pepsi, etc but will drink coke zero. I'm not picky when it comes to pops except I will not drink the regular pops as I find them far too sweet and syrupy.

If you have Kroger grocery stores, you all should try their Big K house brand knock-off of Coke Zero called "Cola Oh!". It is excellent and way better than Diet Coke. It helps that it is regularly on sale for 2 dollars per 12 pack.
  • I like Coke Zero. Girlfriend drinks Diet Coke. We are both grossed out by each-others choices XD

But I especially love Vanilla Coke Zero when I can find it. And Hansen's makes a tasty zero calorie root beer!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Team coke 0 here