ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS!!! GREATEST THREAD EVER!!

Options

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Interested in the 5:2 concept. I've had no luck losing weight for about a year and a half. I have just recently started to see it move following Jay Robb's Fat Burning Diet. While looking over his six pack diet I had from a few years ago I noticed it was very similar to 5:2. I have been doing some research on 5:2 and think I might try it. Mind if I friend you for some tips?

5:2 has many other benefits other than just weight-loss! The fasting thing isn't for everyone but I have a few guys/ladies on my friends list who are using it and losing fat like it's going out of fashion. You should add them as their daily diaries for fasting days have some great ideas for meals staying under 600 calories. Good luck using 5:2, there is also a Intermittent Fasting board/second on the forum I suggest you pop your head into as there are tons of threads regarding 5:2 diet.

Also, watch "Eat, fast and live longer"

A quick google search will bring up the video, it's pretty eye-opening.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone. This weekend I was putting new tile in my hallway, bathroom, and foyer. So no gym for me. When I got done I was so sore. But last night I went up to the gym. I'm on W3D2 of C25k. It's going pretty good. Some days when I run its better, but I still work through it. Last nit my run was not what I thought it should of been. So I'm thinking I should go do it again. Sometimes when I get done running, I feel so good that I want to do it again the next day. So is that a bad thing to run 2 days in a row. I have signed up for a 5k in May and another 5k in June.

Hi

I did this prgramme a couple of years ago and can totally relate to this. I had some 'bad' runs but pushed through and then some days when I found i was dissapointed that today was not a 'run' day. I really would recommend sticking to the programme though, for me this exercise was very new to my knees hips and ankles and when I did do extra days I found that it was harder/painful the next day on the set day I was running. Also was then tempting to skip the next day as I had done 2 runs already that week.
    I had a sticker chart on my fridge and if i got 3 stars in a week a got a bigger star and a non food related treat.
    Try going for a walk on the days in between maybe?
    have you got and hand weights or something else you can do?
    Good luck!
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you eat below your BMR, will it lower your metabolism?
  • tricksee
    Options
    If you eat below your BMR, will it lower your metabolism?

Every now and again, no. Over an extended period of time, yes it will slowly decrease.
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    great thread, a lot of information so I'll be referencing here a lot. Thanks
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey, better looking OP.

I'm skinny fat. My BF is around 25%. Should I focus on getting all of the fat off first or building muscle now?
  • tricksee
    Options
    Hey, better looking OP.

I'm skinny fat. My BF is around 25%. Should I focus on getting all of the fat off first or building muscle now?

Start building muscle now. More lean body mass makes it easier to shed fat. Strength training x3 times per week would be perfect to ensure good recovery time. Go for full body workouts, Squats, deadlift, chest press, overhead press, barbell rows. Don't go too heavy too fast. Ensure your form is correct before you progress.
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    So much great information! Thanks for taking the time to do this! Bump...
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Is going over in protein an issue?
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    bump for more later!
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I wish I had you as a trainer i need motivation.....i been so lazy i was so sick with my asthma and was put on steroids and i gained 30pds. I do kickboxing but I am going back in Oct cause i am still wheezing and can barely breathe it suxs
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm only up to page 4 & have to come back to this
  • tricksee
    Options

No, sir. If you're goal is weight loss, going over protein won't be an issue unless it sends you over you calorie allowance.

If you're building muscle? Still no. Going over is perfectly fine.

My friend Ben Affleck, hes an actor or something, called me a few weeks ago saying he's got a part in some some new superhero flick and he's eating 500g of protein a day!!!!

... True story
  • smartseagull
    Options

No, sir. If you're goal is weight loss, going over protein won't be an issue unless it sends you over you calorie allowance.

If you're building muscle? Still no. Going over is perfectly fine.

My friend Ben Affleck, hes an actor or something, called me a few weeks ago saying he's got a part in some some new superhero flick and he's eating 500g of protein a day!!!!

... True story
    How in the world is 500 g per day possible?!?! I've been stocking up on protein bars and protein powder, and still it's a constant struggle for me to reach my goal.

Anyways, bump for later. This thread is a combination of informative and hilarious. Greatly appreciated.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Bump for later and thanks for your time
  • good thread
  • tricksee
    Options
    How in the world is 500 g per day possible?!?!

It's difficult. He has his meals prepared by chef/nutritionist and probably has 8-12 meals per day.

True story.
  • purple1220
    purple1220 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you:smile:
  • Islaswan
    Options
    I would love your advice. I have just started with Myfitnesspal but have already started eating over my calorie quota. I often give up on ‘diets’ as I find I get too hungry. I get headaches, really cranky & tired. If life gets too busy its harder to stick to. I eat plenty of good proteins & carbohydrates, its just I over eat them or add in foods I shouldn’t like chocolate. Afternoons are particularly hard for me, Im most likely to break around 2-5pm, before or after this I tend to have more control. I only want to lost about 10kg but it’s the hardest thing for me to do, Ive been trying for years. I am on medication for Hashimotos hypothyroidism, not sure if this makes it harder or if everyone experiences this and Im just ‘weak’. I just want to be slim again!