Pregnancy 2010 - Week 13

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a)wanting to drop some weight before TTC
b) TTC
c) Pregnant

Wednesdays are our days to weigh in, and we have started having weekly challenges. Anyone have an idea for this weeks challenge?

Welcome!

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Today is weigh in day :sad:

Apparently I gained 1.5 lbs this week. I worked out 4 days, and stayed within my calories all 7 days. To say the least I am a bit frustrated. I think I am going to take tonight off, and try to regroup. I was really expecting some happy results after all my hard work this week.
  • adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am up a pound again this week too. I ate really bad for several days in hopes that I could "shock" my system into losing again. To be honest I'm getting pretty bummed about my body. I know that I am really lucky because this is the first time I have really had to be concerned with trying to lose weight, but it's also the first time I have had to deal with the disappointment as well. Maybe it's just my hormones being so out of whack. I'm in the middle of week 2 on a new pill and my boobs are killing me so I know my hormones are messed up. Sorry to be such a downer this week and congrats to all the newly pregant mommies from last week!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump okay, i've maintained my weight this week. Hopefully next week I really need to up my game. Summer is just around the corner.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    finally gained, though not by much: 0.4lbs this week. Feeling better than yesterday.
  • peskyesk
    peskyesk Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I am weighing in a day late , i forgot this morning and ate breakfast before i remembered.
    My TOM is away so no excuses.
    Do we have a challenge for this week?
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm new to the group. I found out last week that I'm knocked up :happy: and very excited about it. Thank you for letting me join, I will not gain 40+ pounds this time :wink: I forgot weigh ins are on Wed so I will weigh tomorrow and let you know where I'm at. I have last weeks weight somewhere, so I'll add that.. Does someone track it somewhere, or do we just check in and put it on here? Another group I belong to has a running spreadsheet and things like that. Just wondering.

Amanda – I’m sorry about the gain, I hate those weeks. A off night may be what you need.

Adegonia – I think it’s harder when you haven’t had to deal with weight issues most of your life. I’ve known since I was 12 how to lose weight.

Angela – Congrats on the gain! Do you have bad morning sickness or do you not know why you aren’t gaining?
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was down .5 this week....maintaining a 10lb gain at 18 weeks. Our ultrasound is next Tuesday so this time next week we hope to know the sex of this kiddo. :) I'm still not in maternity pants....I'm a master at safey pinning my pants! LOL

I'm going to try to really be good for the Easter holiday....however I am making these tomorrow....http://www.bakerella.com/spring-chickens/

So we'll see. :O)
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I was down .5 this week....maintaining a 10lb gain at 18 weeks. Our ultrasound is next Tuesday so this time next week we hope to know the sex of this kiddo. :) I'm still not in maternity pants....I'm a master at safey pinning my pants! LOL

I'm going to try to really be good for the Easter holiday....however I am making these tomorrow....http://www.bakerella.com/spring-chickens/

Are you past the hair band trick with the buckle on your pants? I'm not sure I would trust myself with safety pens :laugh: That's great you are not in maternity pants yet. I will end up in them quickly because I was barely fitting into my pants before the BFP :sad:
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sorry! Weighing in late. I lost almost a pound this week. So that's fine with me. I am still hoping that I will lose a couple more in the next few weeks before I start putting on the weight. Since finding out that I am pregnant, I have been diligent about only eating healthy, nutrient rich foods. That's been helping. The good thing is that I have not been craving any bad foods at all. A lot of food is repulsive right now, but I am making sure I get enough in each day. I do have a question, how many calories are we supposed to eat each day? I obviously don't want to go overboard, but want to make sure that I am eating enough.

I had a bad experience with my obgyn yesterday, so I decided to switch to a new doctor, and I meet with the NP at the end of the month, and the doctor a month later, so it will be a while before I actually talk to the doctor. The good news though, is that I had an unltrasound yesterday, and confirmed that I am definitely six weeks along! Due on Thanksgiving Day! Hoping for an early delivery, so that I can enjoy some mashed potatoes! :)
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Are you past the hair band trick with the buckle on your pants? I'm not sure I would trust myself with safety pens :laugh: That's great you are not in maternity pants yet. I will end up in them quickly because I was barely fitting into my pants before the BFP :sad:

I haven't tried the hand band trick with the pant buckle. I've used a rubber band and the bella band, but those don't seem to work as well. It's tough because I'm too small for maternity and too big for my real pants. I'd hate to buy new ones just for a few weeks....thank goodness for leggings!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Sorry! Weighing in late. I lost almost a pound this week. So that's fine with me. I am still hoping that I will lose a couple more in the next few weeks before I start putting on the weight. Since finding out that I am pregnant, I have been diligent about only eating healthy, nutrient rich foods. That's been helping. The good thing is that I have not been craving any bad foods at all. A lot of food is repulsive right now, but I am making sure I get enough in each day. I do have a question, how many calories are we supposed to eat each day? I obviously don't want to go overboard, but want to make sure that I am eating enough.

I had a bad experience with my obgyn yesterday, so I decided to switch to a new doctor, and I meet with the NP at the end of the month, and the doctor a month later, so it will be a while before I actually talk to the doctor. The good news though, is that I had an unltrasound yesterday, and confirmed that I am definitely six weeks along! Due on Thanksgiving Day! Hoping for an early delivery, so that I can enjoy some mashed potatoes! :)

How exciting, we are due just a few days apart (with my bday in the middle) :laugh: What happened with you OB, if you don't mind me asking? For calorie intake, I just set MFP for maintenance, but I'm at 196 and don't think I need to be adding 300 cals to my diet. My appointment is Monday and I'm going to ask her so I will let you know what she has to say about me at least.
  • erinm
    Options
    I was having some pain on the right side the other day. I called the doctor, and the nurse said "The doctor thinks you're probably okay, but if you want to come in for an ultrasound, we have time, and the doctor said it might help ease your mind". Well, who wouldn't take an opportunity to get an ultrasound if they were offering?? So I went there. The ultrasound tech was so rude, acted like I was inconveniencing her. She just kept making comments that it was too early to have an ultrasound, and pointing out how "small" the baby is, and basically implying that I shouldn't even be there. So then, she said a doctor would come see me. It wasn't my regular doctor, it was someone else. He literally came in, and asked where the pain was. I told him, he had me lay down on the table. He unbottoned my pants, and pulled them half way down my hips, then he said "You're fine. Just call us if you start bleeding". Then he walked out the door, and left the door open with me laying on the table with my pants unbottoned and pulled down some. You would think they would have been a little more compassionate, and maybe provided some education since they know this is my first pregnancy. How about telling me what pains to expect, and what pains might not be normal? They did none of that. It was just a really awkward and uncomfortable time. I just decided that I needed to find a practice that had a little more compassion and understanding.
  • erinm
    Options
    Yes, definitely let me know what the doctor says about your calories. We are similar in weights, so I am interested in hearing what the doctor has to say. Thanks!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm new to the group. I found out last week that I'm knocked up :happy: and very excited about it. Thank you for letting me join, I will not gain 40+ pounds this time :wink: I forgot weigh ins are on Wed so I will weigh tomorrow and let you know where I'm at. I have last weeks weight somewhere, so I'll add that.. Does someone track it somewhere, or do we just check in and put it on here? Another group I belong to has a running spreadsheet and things like that. Just wondering.

Amanda – I’m sorry about the gain, I hate those weeks. A off night may be what you need.

Adegonia – I think it’s harder when you haven’t had to deal with weight issues most of your life. I’ve known since I was 12 how to lose weight.

Angela – Congrats on the gain! Do you have bad morning sickness or do you not know why you aren’t gaining?

I'm still throwing up in the morning but it's only the first breakfast and then I'm good the rest of the day. I think it's partly because my appetite isn't the same. I'm not eating as much and eating a little healthier.

I've been horrible at taking my prenatal vitamins. How important are they?
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I was having some pain on the right side the other day. I called the doctor, and the nurse said "The doctor thinks you're probably okay, but if you want to come in for an ultrasound, we have time, and the doctor said it might help ease your mind". Well, who wouldn't take an opportunity to get an ultrasound if they were offering?? So I went there. The ultrasound tech was so rude, acted like I was inconveniencing her. She just kept making comments that it was too early to have an ultrasound, and pointing out how "small" the baby is, and basically implying that I shouldn't even be there. So then, she said a doctor would come see me. It wasn't my regular doctor, it was someone else. He literally came in, and asked where the pain was. I told him, he had me lay down on the table. He unbottoned my pants, and pulled them half way down my hips, then he said "You're fine. Just call us if you start bleeding". Then he walked out the door, and left the door open with me laying on the table with my pants unbottoned and pulled down some. You would think they would have been a little more compassionate, and maybe provided some education since they know this is my first pregnancy. How about telling me what pains to expect, and what pains might not be normal? They did none of that. It was just a really awkward and uncomfortable time. I just decided that I needed to find a practice that had a little more compassion and understanding.

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience, that's horrible! I've never been preggers but I def would not expect that kind of treatment. I hope you find a better practice.
  • 00Angela00
    Options

I haven't tried the hand band trick with the pant buckle. I've used a rubber band and the bella band, but those don't seem to work as well. It's tough because I'm too small for maternity and too big for my real pants. I'd hate to buy new ones just for a few weeks....thank goodness for leggings!

have you tried those bands that you unbotton your regular jeans and put that on to hold your pants up? I've heard those work well for the imbetween stage. I have a big butt, so most of my jeans are loose around the waist anyway so I can use those and then I do have two pairs of maternity jeans that I use even though I don't necessarily need them. They work for me. :-)
  • 00Angela00
    Options

THAT'S HORRIBLE! I work at a hospital and that should NEVER be a patient's experience! I highly encourage you to #1 do a formal complaint to the patient relations department and #2 speak with the manager and let them know your experience so they can work on improving their clinic! I'm glad your switching! I had a bad experience on Sunday where I gushed blood for a second and then it stopped and had cramping and the clinic and techs were all so sweet and worked really hard to make us feel comfortable. Every women should be able to have that throughout their pregnancy! I hope everything is well with you and your little one!
  • kiffypooh
    Options

That is horrible, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hate that so many things are so routine to dr. that they don't think of explaining things to patents. Leaving you with your pants down, literally, is just uncalled for and completely inappropriate. I don't blame you for changing at all!!!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I've heard prenatals are important in the first trimester and less important towards the end. My friend took them religiously with her son, but barley at all with her daughter and they are both fine. I would try to remember to take them (after dinner is when I do, on a full tummy) as often as you can.

So, today around 10 am I went pee and notice a little pink on the tp. Around 11ish I started seeing actual blood. I called the dr office and the dr wasn't in today and they told me to go to the ER if i filled up a pad. It's been slow, only one or two drops in the pad, but I've been peeing every hour at least (the drops were from 2 hours I was laying down trying to take a nap). I'm totally freaked out, pretty much assuming it's a miscarriage, but not sure. I won't go in until Monday and i want to know what's going on. There are little blood flakes in the toilet when I go pee and when I wipe but not a lot. With my last miscarriage I was fully bleeding within an hour of the first sign. I'm not sure what to think. I'm assuming I should rest and try not to be up and moving a lot. Hard to do with a 2 year old. Any advice, insight, anything? I don't want to tell anyone yet because I hate that blank stare when people don't know what to say or what to do. I can already hear my mom and my bff saying, "I'm so sorry sweetie" and not know what to do. My poor two year old has seen mommy cry more today then ever and kept asking me what was wrong. Then would tell me "you have friends, you don't need to cry" (I guess that's what they tell her at school). Easter is going to suck since my hubby has to work all day so I will be on my own with my family and not wanting to be anywhere. Anyhow, I'm hoping this is a false alarm, but really thinking it's not. I'll keep you posted!
    Thanks for letting me vent!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Hello all! Oh how I've missed you!

So I'm recovering fairly well from surgery - although it looks like I have a small abscess in my belly button, but I feel so much better than I did a couple of days ago.

So exciting news - my brother and his girlfriend had a baby Wednesday night! It's a first for our family, and the family is pretty excited. I got to hold him when he was about an hour old - it was wonderful! Then they stayed here last night (their first night out of the hospital). I got to hold the little guy for quite awhile. It was so exciting!

A couple realization though.

#1 - My stomach is still a little pouch-like from the surgery, and holding the baby made it look like I had just had the baby.... oops!
    #2 - If my belly was a little smaller, the surgery site wouldn't hurt as much because it wouldn't jiggle as much!

So these are just a couple of things that are motivating me right now. I have to get serious as soon as I am able to move better - I'm so ready!