What's the most disgusting looking food do you like?

13»

Replies

• missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Calimari, which is basically (well technically) squid. I'm scicilian (even if I can't spell it and don't look like it lol) but true to my roots I love it!
  • PA Dutch staple, Scrapple. Parts of pig in a gray loaf. So good with syrup :-)
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    As a Montrealer born and raised I'd say poutine. There are things that look worse, I'm sure, but yeah. Fries slathered in curd cheese and gravy...

mmmmmm..... poutine is delicious!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    I grew up in a traditional Spanish home. Chorizo and blood sausage in my pozole, avocados on EVERYTHING. It took me years to realize green poop wasn't normal for regular americans.
  • Mikkimeow
    I was born and raised in El Salvador. We make this soup/drink called CHUCO. It looks like diarrhea but tastes so awesome!! God I miss it!

DSC_0516.jpg

Another thing I love is Roquefort Cheese but it looks like rotten cheese and it smells the same.

YES CHUCO SO GOOD
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Amatuers. Here's mine:

http://sarahjoyscorner.blogspot.com/2009/06/warning-pictures-of-balut.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351460-foods-you-eat-that-others-here-probably-wouldn-t-touch?hl=foods+you+like+that+others+wouldn't+touch

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

WTF?????????????????? Disgusting
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Escargot!
  • Mikkimeow
    Amatuers. Here's mine:

http://sarahjoyscorner.blogspot.com/2009/06/warning-pictures-of-balut.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351460-foods-you-eat-that-others-here-probably-wouldn-t-touch?hl=foods+you+like+that+others+wouldn't+touch

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

WTF?????????????????? Disgusting

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Runny oatmeal looks like puke. If you puke it up, you can't tell the difference beteen before and after. Id' say that's pretty disgusting. But oatmeal is yummy.
  • I'm not too adventurous. I have been tricked into eating Liver Sausage before - and yes, I thought it tasted awful before I was told what it was. I find that I get grossed out by eating anything organ like, I keep thinking about the function of the liver... and how it basically cleanses all the toxins from our bodies... Mmm Kupffer cells.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    love Sheftalia, but it looks like dog poo :-)
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    PA Dutch staple, Scrapple. Parts of pig in a gray loaf. So good with syrup :-)

YUMMY - with ketchup!!!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    tapioca pudding, I think.
  • Haggis.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Escargot!

I love it. It's my favorite appetizer at French restaurants
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Is the title bothering anyone else?

I don't eat disgusting food, all of my food is delicious :drinker:
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    to be honest i dont eat anything that doesnt look good. im very picky.. also if something smells weird i wont eat it either....
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Shrimp with lobster sauce...my daughter won't sit at the table if I order it...lololololololol looks disgusting,but tastes amazingballzzzz
  • chaosqueen01
    chaosqueen01 Posts: 20 Member
    Very funny: I alsways thought that I'm eating very normal stuff, but that depends on where you were raised and where you live.

I'm German, so "Leberwurst" is totally normal delicious food to me (and yes, it does smell like cat food!), same as "Blutwirst" (a sausage made from blood). There is a speciality in Northern Germany called "Labskaus". It looks like someone has eaten it before ... pinky-greyish mash made from potatoes, corned beef, beetroot and cucumbers. If it is made good, it is really, really tasty!

Rocquefort, Gorgonzola etc. are my favorite sorts of cheese. My ex-boyfriend hated me for that, he had to work hard not to puke when I put those on the table.

Some years ago I lived in the Caribbean for a couple of months. I really loved Callaloo, which looks like some green mashed alien. It is made from okra, dasheen leaves, green sauce and one or two other green vegetables. Perfect with grilled chicken and rice! the other thing I came in touch with there and which I really liked was roti, originally an Indian dish. Mashed lentils and other vegetables put in a large flat bread, sometimes with chicken or beef.

Seems that I'm in love with mashy food! :D
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    I have to agree with a few people and say callamari. It's my favourite starter! Drizzled with lemon juice and dipped in a garlic mayonnaise - amazing! Although it seems rather tame compared to others on here ha!

I love oysters and mussels too! I'm definitely a seafood girl :):heart: