Lettuce Wrap ideas anyone????

Options
124»

Replies

• Inoppy
    Inoppy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chicken cooked in natural yogurt, basil, onion and chilli flakes. Tastes fantastic and takes a matter of minutes to cook!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My 2 personal favorites are teryaki chicken with veggies, and burgers! Oh yum!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't get the deal with wrapping with lettuce. I LOVE it but I can't ever get a good wrap on. I've tried so many different kinds of lettuce. What am I doing wrong?!

It's easier to use collard greens tomake a wrap.
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dancinfree
    dancinfree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I make a lettuce wrap with ground turkey, chow mein noodles, and a spicy sauce. It is what is on the lunch menu for the office this week. I set the turkey wrap itself as a food and made it public. The sauce I just add as an individual item.

4oz of turkey, 2 Pieces of Romaine, 1/4 chow mein noodles and 1 Tablespoon Spicy Sauce is about 300 calories.

16 oz tub sliced mushrooms
    1 large onion, chopped
    1.5 Tablespoons minced garlic (I like garlic, so adjust to you tastes if too much)
    2lbs Ground Turkey
    1 bunch of Romaine
    Chow Mein Noodles
    Worcestershire Sauce
    Low Sodium Soy Sauce
    Chili Garlic Sauce
    Chinese Style Hot Mustard
    Olive Oil

Put about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan, add chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms start to darken and the onion start to become translucent. Add turkey, brown and drain. Add garlic, splash of Worcestershire and enough soy to cover meat but not make soupy. Cook for about 2 minutes. Put 2oz of meat mixture into one lettuce leaf, add 1/8 cup of chow mein noodles and spicy sauce (if desired). Serving size is 2 lettuce cups.

Spicy Sauce- 2 Tablespoons of chili garlic sauce, 1 Tablespoon of Hot Mustard, 1/2 cup soy sauce. Stir until combined.

Enjoy.
  • caitlynah12
    Options
    Anyone ever use veggie burgers in their lettuce wraps? I was thinking about cutting one up and putting it in with some feta and peppers- maybe salsa for flavor, don't know yet. Corn? Beans?
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I eat lettuce wraps for lunch 4 out of 5 days at work. The last couple days I switched to salads because honestly I got a little bored. But let me tell you they are BOMB. Lettuce, mustard, cucumbers, tomato, avocado and a couple slices of deli meat (the 6 slices for 55 calories kind)

also ive done lean hamburger meat, with grilled onions and grilled mushrooms wrapped in lettuce. that was great too.
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wish I saw this post before I ate my egg salad, that would have been great wrapped. Lots of great ides, never though of using Boston lettuce
  • Kolmi01
    Kolmi01 Posts: 46
    Options
    Bump
  • Julie252
    Julie252 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just had these Korean style beef lettuce wraps tonight. I usually add extra veggies to the wraps like cucumber, scallions and shredded carrots in addition to (or sometimes instead of) the rice. So good!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Korean-Style-Grilled-Flank-Steak-238936