Cost effective running shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• jimceez
    Options
    Try Shoebuy & Zappos. they clear out the previous years models all the time. I buy my Brooks Adrenaline's from there since I know my size and fit. Both have great return policies if there's an issue.

Good luck.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    it totally doesn't help for now, but next year, check out 6am.com they had some serious steals on Merrell running shoes (like, 33 bucks for $125 shoes bc they were "last years") But their clearance sells out fast.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    walmart - starter pro brand - $12. work good.

if you want "fancier" - try "Joe's New Balance Outlet" online - I got a nice $20 pair there (like these: http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/detail.asp?style=M700XOS)

No

firmly disagree w/ the "No".
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Look at ASICS, they make a good, durable, quality shoe, and you can get a good pair for less than $80...
  • popo0509
    popo0509 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try Ross or TJMaxx, I found some underarmor shoes there for cheap and they r so awesome! It's worth a try, u might get lucky like I did. ????
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options

if you want "fancier" - try "Joe's New Balance Outlet" online - I got a nice $20 pair there (like these: http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/detail.asp?style=M700XOS)

No

I shouldn't have quoted the entire thing because I don't know anything about the joesnewbalance. My problem is with the walmart $12 shoes. Unless you know they will work for someone that is neutral with a slight underpronation, why recommend them? Truly I don't want anyone that has not been fitted by a professional going to walmart for $12 shoes because they see this post, ending up with aches and pains because of the shoes, and then deciding that running is a horrible thing because it hurts when the truth is they did not have the proper shoe.

Many people read these forums and I think it is bad advice.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options

No

I shouldn't have quoted the entire thing because I don't know anything about the joesnewbalance. My problem is with the walmart $12 shoes. Unless you know they will work for someone that is neutral with a slight underpronation, why recommend them? Truly I don't want anyone that has not been fitted by a professional going to walmart for $12 shoes because they see this post, ending up with aches and pains because of the shoes, and then deciding that running is a horrible thing because it hurts when the truth is they did not have the proper shoe.

Many people read these forums and I think it is bad advice.

fair enough. I too feel that spending extra dollars for custom shoes is over-rated for the vast majority of people (particularly people who are likely only walking in them or doing light jogging). But yes, as general advice, I can't guarantee these (or frankly any shoes you buy) are medically sound. $12 walmart sounds cheap, but they sell the same shoes for much more under another label in other stores, so I would take any knock on Walmart (a store I hate btw) with a grain of salt as the pricing of merchandise doesn't always clearly reflect their worth.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any tips on where to find good deals for running shoes? My first pair was a clearout pair at my LRS where my gait was evaluated and I was told I am neutral to slight under pronation. I got my Adistar Adirides in September and am definitely ready for a new pair, but the cheapest pair my LRS has right now for my gait is 80. I realize as far as good running shoes go that's not terrible, but we just found out that baby #2 will arrive sometime in October so we're kind of going into miser mode. I don't want to stop running and I know I need good shoes anyway but particularly while pregnant, but if I can find a way to get a pair for say, 40-50 like my first pair that would be much much easier to budget in.

Go to brooksrunning.com and they have some great shoes on sale right now.
  • natashadem
    Options
    I would try US Marshalls, TJ Maxx etc. I understand, this requires a trip but very cost efficient especially if you need babby staff as well
    :flowerforyou:
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday I went to my local Adidas outlet and picked up some Adizero Rush M for $40.
    Last year, I was able to get some Adidas Marathon 10's on clearance from runningwarehouse.com for about the same because they were a discontinued colour.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I got my Reeboks at Ross Discount Stores for $30 something and they normally sell for $80+. It was such a good deal. The shoes are very comfortable.
  • BennyLT
    Options
    $80 is a good price for decent shoes. my favorite shoes are $95.

I shop at runningwarehouse.com they have free 2nd day shipping.