Not sure if this is the right part of the forums but...

Options
Do any of you MFPers log your sexual activity? just curious because it is technically cardio

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    It's not cardio if you just lay there.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sure. But 2 minutes of cardio doesn't burn a lot of calories.
  • lstewart_3
    lstewart_3 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    haha ok but what if you dont just lay there? and last say at least 3 minutes?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Of course, and then log the shower after, maybe drying your hair, brushing your teeth.........
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just figure it is free extra workout calories for the day. ;)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I decided not to log work outs of 30 seconds or less
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I count it as a bonus workout, but if it's a weekend, tequila-fueled marathon session that I'm particularly proud of, I'll log it as "bedroom aerobics", but I still won't count the calories.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Wear and HRM and see if you burn anything that you'd consider logging and let me know. Unless your hardcore for like a half hour and really putting some effort into it then I wouldn't.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Nope...my HR isn't up for at least 20 consecutive minutes so it's not an aerobic exercise...'bout 5 minutes tops.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't log it. Or the Ice Cream afterwards! I consider it a wash!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    YUP! Mine is under "Married Fun-Time". :bigsmile:
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I kind of feel like if you sweat - it counts. Maybe just log it as general aerobics?
  • jimmie65
    Options
    I don't log it. Or the Ice Cream afterwards! I consider it a wash!

Afterwards? That's kinda boring.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    I consider "exercise" anything up and beyond my usual daily activities...I am a nurse-in hospital we call these "ADL's" activities of daily living...like brushing your teeth, doing stairs to get to the kitchen or pantry, in an out of your car for errands ect.

concerted efforts in exercise like purposeful brisk walking, running, aerobic classes, weightlifting burn calories above what you normally do in a day. So log these

intimacy- may burn some calories (depending on how "creative" and lengthy the activity is....but I wouldnt consider this "exercise" at most your heart rate is elevated slightly for a very limited amount of time. NO where near that of concentrated exercise.

unless you are powerlifting your partner, performing lunging thrusts and finishing while sprinting for the shower, I think logging sex as exercise is silly!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    No, but if you look in the food database, real ladies, you will find an entry to accurately reflect your protein intake from sexual activity.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    No, my wife might read my food diary and I'd have some 'splainin to do.
  • jimmie65
    Options
    No, but if you look in the food database, real ladies, you will find an entry to accurately reflect your protein intake from sexual activity.

I'd rather have the ice cream.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I consider "exercise" anything up and beyond my usual daily activities...I am a nurse-in hospital we call these "ADL's" activities of daily living...like brushing your teeth, doing stairs to get to the kitchen or pantry, in an out of your car for errands ect.

concerted efforts in exercise like purposeful brisk walking, running, aerobic classes, weightlifting burn calories above what you normally do in a day. So log these

intimacy- may burn some calories (depending on how "creative" and lengthy the activity is....but I wouldnt consider this "exercise" at most your heart rate is elevated slightly for a very limited amount of time. NO where near that of concentrated exercise.

unless you are powerlifting your partner, performing lunging thrusts and finishing while sprinting for the shower, I think logging sex as exercise is silly!

hahahaha This is awesome
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

WINNER!!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

And this is one more reason why I have you on my FL