Can't stop thinking about that damn donut.....

Options
13»

Replies

• ryoungfamily
    ryoungfamily Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have found when I crave something like that, I wait as long as possible. I build it up in my mind how amazing it is. Then when I finally decide to build the deficit so I can fit it into my calories, I find it just is no where near as wonderful as I built it up to be.
    Build your deficit and then make a special trip. I bet you only have one and never need another one.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Why did Dunkin Donuts have to fill a donut with brownie batter? I have been thinking about the damn thing for 3 weeks!

OMG are you my food crave twin?!? I was sooo obsessing about that last week - never had one ...but they sounded so good and the folks @ work kept raving about it - i even googled the darn donut and read about it ....first time ever I have googeld a donut :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Why did Dunkin Donuts have to fill a donut with brownie batter? I have been thinking about the damn thing for 3 weeks!

I know a few people that had it that were very disappointed when they had it. If you are obsessing over a food for 3 weeks, maybe you are at a point where you need to find a way to fit that food into your plan before you lose it! Complete deprivation isn't a good thing.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It sounds good. To do a run from my house to the closest DD would be a round trip of 7.4 miles. As my longest run ever is 5.5 miles it would be a stretch, but there would be a pause where I buy and eat the donut. Given my HRM report of calories burned during a 5.5 mile run... I would have earned the donut, skim milk to wash it down, and something else later in the day. I smell a plan for Sunday!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    It sounds good. To do a run from my house to the closest DD would be a round trip of 7.4 miles. As my longest run ever is 5.5 miles it would be a stretch, but there would be a pause where I buy and eat the donut. Given my HRM report of calories burned during a 5.5 mile run... I would have earned the donut, skim milk to wash it down, and something else later in the day. I smell a plan for Sunday!!
    Awesome plan! If that's too big a jump in distance to run the whole way, consider walking a mile as warm up, running the 5.5 miles, and walking the last .9 mile as cool down. Customize to what's comfortable--half a mile walk at either end, whatever. Just wanted to suggest an alternative to running the whole way if it might stress your muscles and joints too much.