Why does the background of your photo look like that?

Options
13»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    multiplepersonalities_zps52e7b072.jpg

Bla Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

OMG... ur towels totally rnt even even!!! I think you should fix that then take another picture... VERY distracting!!

TEASING!! lol

Dude. Scoot your trees out before you take a picture. They look messy and distract from your physique. [joking :) ]

hehehehe :flowerforyou:

OH MY GOD!! You are so RIGHT... im sooooooo fckn embarrised!! (opening to be dissed for spelling) ... damn the tropical Dominican greenery!!!!

lol

:laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    squal·or (skwlr)
    n.
    A filthy and wretched condition or quality.

Try using the word correctly if you're going to use it. Piles of toys and clothes does not constitute "squalor". If you are looking close enough to see mold on the wall or crusted dirt on the rug, you really need to get over yourself and what your intentions are.

Many people who have major weight issues in turn have depression issues. A classic sign of depression/mental issues is a chaotic home. Generally speaking, the organization of someone's home can indicate how severe their mental struggles are. I urge you to be a bit more sensitive before making judgmental comments about people who are struggling on here. As they get things in order with their health, their homes will begin to reflect that.

Since you are one of the only people that made a valid point, I felt the need to respond. I was using the word squalor correctly, as demonstrated by the example photo, I wasn't referencing mere mess, I was referencing a SEVERE state that I've seen multiple times in peoples photos. I'm talking unhealthy. I've seen people have their kids taken out of environments like this. It goes so far beyond piles of toys and clothes, it's not even funny.

That being said, I fully understand your point about people being depressed. I still don't think it's a good to showcase that kind of environment on a social network, ESPECIALLY when it looks as though it may be a child's room, or a house with a child in it, that's being shown. Perhaps you were off put by my sarcasm, but in reality, I have a serious issue with people subjecting children to that kind of environment. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that. If you, or anyone else is truly offended by what I said, sorry, but just as you are entitled to your own opinion, so am I. Mine just happens to differ from yours.
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    because its 200 yards from the beach in southern France
    :happy:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I get it. ..really. You taking the time to reply to a post you don't care about really let's me know you don't care. Especially when you take the time to add a graphic to further demonstrate how much you don't care. Totally makes sense. Boy do I feel silly.
    Nah, that's not it. I care about your post. I think it comes off in a particularly unpleasant way.

I don't care about the thing that you care about, though.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    1242225474_attempting_to_give_a_damn.gif

^^^^ EPIC!!!!

LMMFAO! Right on girl!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I get it. ..really. You taking the time to reply to a post you don't care about really let's me know you don't care. Especially when you take the time to add a graphic to further demonstrate how much you don't care. Totally makes sense. Boy do I feel silly.

the-dude-is-bored-thumb.gif
  • nezsorou
    Options
    tumblr_mgr06hoMXx1r11q1qo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mhia0p3Jrb1r317bvo1_500.gif
    tumblr_m070gaHVuu1qkjv0mo1_500.gif
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love those photos, because I'm a messy person and it makes me feel better about my own housekeeping skillz.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgr06hoMXx1r11q1qo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mhia0p3Jrb1r317bvo1_500.gif
    tumblr_m070gaHVuu1qkjv0mo1_500.gif

1245402364_beetlejuice.gif
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    squal·or (skwlr)
    n.
    A filthy and wretched condition or quality.

Try using the word correctly if you're going to use it. Piles of toys and clothes does not constitute "squalor". If you are looking close enough to see mold on the wall or crusted dirt on the rug, you really need to get over yourself and what your intentions are.

Many people who have major weight issues in turn have depression issues. A classic sign of depression/mental issues is a chaotic home. Generally speaking, the organization of someone's home can indicate how severe their mental struggles are. I urge you to be a bit more sensitive before making judgmental comments about people who are struggling on here. As they get things in order with their health, their homes will begin to reflect that.

Since you are one of the only people that made a valid point, I felt the need to respond. I was using the word squalor correctly, as demonstrated by the example photo, I wasn't referencing mere mess, I was referencing a SEVERE state that I've seen multiple times in peoples photos. I'm talking unhealthy. I've seen people have their kids taken out of environments like this. It goes so far beyond piles of toys and clothes, it's not even funny.

That being said, I fully understand your point about people being depressed. I still don't think it's a good to showcase that kind of environment on a social network, ESPECIALLY when it looks as though it may be a child's room, or a house with a child in it, that's being shown. Perhaps you were off put by my sarcasm, but in reality, I have a serious issue with people subjecting children to that kind of environment. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that. If you, or anyone else is truly offended by what I said, sorry, but just as you are entitled to your own opinion, so am I. Mine just happens to differ from yours.

My point is that there is reference to a messy child's room, and a person needing to clean it up before taking a photo. That and the fact that it would be very hard to determine the cleanliness/health level of a person's house from a picture. You are seeing one section of a house, and you have no idea what those things really are, how long they've been there, or anything else.

Lots of boxes and trash doesn't always constitute a nasty home. Devil's advocate I may be, but I give people the benefit of the doubt. They could have been in the midst of a complete overhaul, moving, or have a disaster in their basement, any number of things, when they realized that they looked GOOD in their eyes and wanted to capture it. A person should feel free to embrace and rejoice in their progress regardless of their background. I personally wouldn't want to bring a possibly shaky success story down because they didn't abide by my standards.

Frankly, I think it shows more issues when a person's house looks like a magazine. You know, when people have a room or two that they never use because it's all white or something ridiculous like that. What is helpful, useful, or healthy about that? If a person can't accept that this is indeed a social network and socially, people live in all sorts of levels of organization, then perhaps they need find a place better suited to their discomforts.

Even a pile of trash to the amount of your picture, it's kind of ridiculous to say something like it looks like a rotting animal carcass could be under there.
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think the tone in your first message is perhaps the reason for the comments you have been getting. You don't know any of those people with profile pics like that, so how can you judge them? Instead of making it sound like a pet peeve, you made it sound like you were their mother...

Another thing, is that most of my profile pics are actually for ME. They are of the progress that I have made so far, and pictures of me when I was younger with the body I want to get back again. They are a constant reminder to me, I have them taped to my wall too. I don't put them up for other people to look at therefore I really couldn't care less what anything thinks of my environment. When people come to my house, I always make sure it is spotless, I am OCD like that, but these photos are for my own personal growth. And I don't think you have any right to judge.