Lost Your Lower Belly Pooch? SHOW IT OFF!

Options

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Sparlingo, you've come a long way! Well done!
  • mrsmcf
    mrsmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be saying that strength training, more specifically heavy lifting, really made a huge difference. What does that mean exactly? Machines, Free weights? What does "heavy" mean?
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress shots....you have alot to be proud of!!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be saying that strength training, more specifically heavy lifting, really made a huge difference. What does that mean exactly? Machines, Free weights? What does "heavy" mean?

Speaking for me, I have had two kids and carried them both low. I have a long torso, so my lower belly was my biggest obstacle. I have never heavy lifted. Now I don't have a completely flat belly yet. Getting there, but I do cardio 4-5 times a week. Always on a treadmill. I do it on an incline for 45 mins. Sometimes I jog at 5.5 but it is mostly a fast walk at 3.8mph.

I also did the 30 day shred. And now I just started the ripped in 30.

Here is my profile pic. I took the after a week or so ago. It is an updated after from the last pic I posted.

6160945_2303.jpg
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow great progress! Amazing difference - you should be so proud of yourself! Congratulations!
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Not gone (I still have SOO far to go!!), but shrinking -- I feel hopeful! This has been over 3 months.

I was mortified at what my lower abdomen looked like after having my daughter. The first 2 months of good weight loss didn't seem to touch my tummy, but then the third month showed a noticeable difference to me.

59ca43e6-2da0-4337-b3a0-759721e8777e_zpsd25f7e3c.jpg
    Go Girl!! :D You are my inspiration!
  • betterbestbestest
    betterbestbestest Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Awesome results!!!! :love: :heart: :heart:
  • belle7xo
    belle7xo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Before, 152 lb, March 2012.

All the before and after side profile pics there was no sucking in. Just relaxed neutral stance. Front pics also no sucking in, but a little flexing in the afters ;)

I was 186 going into the hospital to have my daughter. Didn't have the courage to take a true "before" photo. Now I wish I would have!

IMG_7326-1.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

After, 128-130ish. July 2013. 10 pounds away from goal:

IMG_8175.jpg

dd7b2f57-054f-43dc-a482-a17b0be4b1dd.jpg

80bcbe24-0ce9-4b98-be80-38fda3ee9b57.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Before, 152 lb, March 2012.

All the before and after side profile pics there was no sucking in. Just relaxed neutral stance. Front pics also no sucking in, but a little flexing in the afters ;)

I was 186 going into the hospital to have my daughter. Didn't have the courage to take a true "before" photo. Now I wish I would have!

IMG_7326-1.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

After, 128-130ish. July 2013. 10 pounds away from goal:

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

securedownload.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

Great Job!!!! (URL & IMG need to be lowercased)
  • tails1315
    Options
    picisto-20130727123426-479216_zpsf71572d7.jpg

not completely gone but getting there
  • azucena1004
    azucena1004 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you're doing great!
  • ChynaMartin
    ChynaMartin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Seeing these inspires me but also reminds me I have so much to go! well done ladies and gents.
  • Princessjj22
    Options
    Wow all you ladies are a massive inspo for me 30lbs to lose an that pooch is going to be the toughest part but as you show it can be done!
  • maidsmum
    Options
    Not gone (I still have SOO far to go!!), but shrinking -- I feel hopeful! This has been over 3 months.

I was mortified at what my lower abdomen looked like after having my daughter. The first 2 months of good weight loss didn't seem to touch my tummy, but then the third month showed a noticeable difference to me.

Have to say "wow" - well done! What a difference in the two pictures, you must be really proud of yourself. That has given me a real boost to try harder, I feel like I am only very slowly making any change, but in four months what you achieved is amazing!:smile:
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    3 month difference using weights, HIIT, plyometrics, and cardio!

10zx0y1.jpg

Oh and the famous "leg" that seems to turn the ladies on to lifting! Haha

r7jhqv.jpg

DAAYYUUUMM!!!:love:
  • juliegin
    juliegin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5". I ate 1500+ a day, ran/did Zumba 3 days a week, and lifted heavy 3 days a week.

Before, ~130
    8479644029_2f56fcf32c.jpg

After, 120
    8479644659_381474fb63.jpg
    8480735266_e2b8926d6b.jpg

And this is why I decided to start lifting! Started for the first time yesterday! You look hot!
  • abosq
    abosq Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    go girl, good job of getting rid of that belly, there is hope for me after all. I just stumble onto that topic and this is exactly the topic that I was looking for; I had 3 kids, and 2 C section and I didn't think I would ever have a normal tummy again, but you just prove that with hard work everything is possible, so I'm gonna keep doing my insanity and walking and watch food intake.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks for the compliments!

I figure since that last photo is from February, I should likely include an update:

b991cc03-480d-4c03-9891-29fbe24be8a4_zps60b06180.jpg

WOW! You look amazing! Your body type is a lot like mine except it seems I may be a bit more of a pear. But otherwise, it is. This is amazing! It proves that slow weight loss (not too slow, but slow) is the best way to go!

We may have similar body shapes, then, because measurement-wise I'm certainly a pear. I'm glad I've taken progress pictures, though, because it turns out I'm not as exaggerated a pear as I'd imagined. I used to think my bum and hips were disproportionally large, but now when I review my photos, I realize my body is pretty proportional and that I need to stop being so critical. Below is the front-shot which shows my hips that are larger than my waist and chest, hence the pear shape.

b3068fea-dcda-4171-b6a2-2dec49e5b416_zps0c71e210.jpg

i JUST HAD TO CHIME IN AND WRITE THAT YOU ARE AMAZING!! WHAT GREAT DEDICATION AND WILL POWER YOU HAVE SHOWN AND THE PROGRESS IS MIND BOGGLING!! WOOT-WOOT TO YOU!!
  • shdenby
    shdenby Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks you so much ladies for sharing your pics! You all look amazing! I'm so happy I found this today because I finally caved and took some 'before' pics of myself and didn't realize how bad I looked :/ But all of you are great motivation so someday I can show off my after pic too! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!