Protein shake for women

Options
Can anyone recommend a good protein shake for women to drink after weight training? I don't want to bulk up, just for tone up and lean muscle.

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels shakes. she has Triple Chocolate and Vanilla shakes. They are inexpensive and delicious. I make them into smoothies.
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels shakes. she has Triple Chocolate and Vanilla shakes. They are inexpensive and delicious. I make them into smoothies.

Where do they sell those?
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    GNC lean protien shake
    I drink it and it is not suppose to bulk you up.I love it only 200 calories mixed with water.Its a meal replacement one by the way .
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    GNC lean protien shake
    I drink it and it is not suppose to bulk you up.I love it only 200 calories mixed with water.Its a meal replacement one by the way .

Thanks for the tip ;) I'm dronking "Muscle Milk" now but it sounds so masculine.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are protein shakes. No need to differentiate between for men and women. And a shake is not going to bulk you up. If you eat at a surplus, then add a shake, yes, but you could consume nothing but protein shakes and not bulk up as long as you were consuming them at a deficit. There's no magic "bulking power" in a protein shake. "Bulking" required lifting heavy and eating at a deficit.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    What do you mean by "tone". Tone refers to a muscle's tension at rest. You can either lose muscle, maintain muscle, or gain muscle. If you want to make your muscles look more defined you have to lose the fat on top of them. You can use whatever protein shake you'd like. Unless you're eating at a surplus and doing intense lifting, it won't make you bulky. Well, as long as you don't put steroids in your protein shakes.
  • All_Out_Attack
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition whey. I don't like any of the Jillian Michaels etc ones cos they have more carbs and fat than whey isolate. I can meet my carb/fat macro goals without shakes. Protein is harder.

Oh, and unless you're lacing your protein shakes with testosterone, you're not going to bulk up.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When you buy chicken breast or eggs, do you shop for a special kind that are for women?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    When you buy chicken breast or eggs, do you shop for a special kind that are for women?

This.

There is no such thing as protein for men and protein for women.

Protein is just protein.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I use Gaspari myofusion, Optimum gold and BSN Lean dessert

Myofusion and BSN are my favs the optimum gold doesnt thicken up and it makes me feel like im drinking muddy water.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    As long as it's just protein, it doesn't matter.

Some have added creatine, or "stuff" for weight gaining purposes.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Lmao thats great
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Also, unless you are doing things to mess with your testosterone levels - you aren't going to bulk up.

ETA: I use Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    "I'm getting bulky from my protein shake." -No one ever
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    All o dem. You will get bulky if you take steroids, not if you intake more protein.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ...Unless you're eating at a surplus and doing intense lifting, it won't make you bulky. Well, as long as you don't put steroids in your protein shakes.

I *thought* something tasted funny in my smoothie this morning...:drinker:

Ok, non-glib answer. Use whatever protein source you find tasty, add whatever fruits or flavor whatsits you find tasty, blend it. Now you have a protein smoothie that isn't just for men, or for women even, but for YOU. Enjoy that tasty ****.

Personally, I go with greek yogurt, pomegranate juice, chard, and blueberries.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options

I got your protein shake right here
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Need some help shaking it?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

She might not be in the mood for one that's so high in sodium.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Kaizen Whey Isolate Protein Powder, Decadent Chocolate or vanilla ice cream flavour…35g of protein, 1g carb, 1g fat and 150 cal's it taste great and its not wimpy Jillian Micheals ……..this is not a meal replacement its a protein drink, check out there web site, don't settle for just any cheap whey, you deserve the best!

Cheers!!