Opinion Poll for the Gentleman

Options

Replies

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    A ..........If you're a grown woman ! Anything else if you're not and don't want a mature relationship
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    A ..........If you're a grown woman ! Anything else if you're not and don't want a mature relationship

It has nothing to do with maturity. I've been burned a time or two. Once bitten, twice shy.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    This is what happens to women when you play head games. An otherwise confident woman suddenly has no idea how to approach a man she is interested in. But seeing as the decision seems to be unanimous, I'll definitely be fessing up. But now the question is when?

He finished the brief convo on FB with a "have a good weekend" so I'm thinking approaching him before Monday might give him the wrong impression.

Thoughts on timing?

interesting quote by him "have a good weekend" would suggest that he has plans...any mention of...are you free this weekend? just curiuos?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    This is what happens to women when you play head games. An otherwise confident woman suddenly has no idea how to approach a man she is interested in. But seeing as the decision seems to be unanimous, I'll definitely be fessing up. But now the question is when?

He finished the brief convo on FB with a "have a good weekend" so I'm thinking approaching him before Monday might give him the wrong impression.

Thoughts on timing?

interesting quote by him "have a good weekend" would suggest that he has plans...any mention of...are you free this weekend? just curiuos?

No... he had just accepted my request, we talked briefly about a mutual friend, and then he lost interest in the convo. So I just said that I wanted to say hi. He said it was nice chatting, have a good weekend.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Thoughts on timing?

No... he had just accepted my request, we talked briefly about a mutual friend, and then he lost interest in the convo. So I just said that I wanted to say hi. He said it was nice chatting, have a good weekend.

this is too easy...come out and tell how you feel abt him or just be a friend ((he may just see as that)).....fyi im no dr. phil...lol just imo for the above...........
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Thoughts on timing?

this is too easy...come out and tell how you feel abt him or just be a friend ((he may just see as that)).....fyi im no dr. phil...lol just imo for the above...........

Yeah, I've resolved to do it. I'm just wondering if I send him a message on FB now or wait until I catch him online again.

*edited to add - It is likely to be a month or more before I see him face-to-face again before y'all start telling me not to do it over the internet. Plus, we work together so face-to-face situations are awkward anyway.
  • DaddyCrossfit
    DaddyCrossfit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with maturity. I've been burned a time or two. Once bitten, twice shy.

Which is why I was going to suggest some more flirting to feel him out before you spill your guts. But if you've decided to ask him out, I would leave out the "crush" part. Unless he's really into you, telling him that will likely sending him running. Will it be awkward at work if he rejects you?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Which is why I was going to suggest some more flirting to feel him out before you spill your guts. But if you've decided to ask him out, I would leave out the "crush" part. Unless he's really into you, telling him that will likely sending him running. Will it be awkward at work if he rejects you?

No. I don't think so. He works in the field, and is rarely in the office. He could effectively avoid me for months if he really felt awkward about rejecting me.
  • DaddyCrossfit
    DaddyCrossfit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    He could effectively avoid me for months if he really felt awkward about rejecting me.

I meant for you. Will it be awkward for you?
  • embracethefall
    Options
    If you want honesty (and I could be far off the mark) it sounds like you don't know the guy real well. Maybe he doesn't even have any clue that you're interested. Who knows, there's always a chance that he's awkward or quiet around you for the same reasons you are him. All those things could make him act the way he is acting. Coming out with it could either really well, or really badly. Personally, I think I'd want to do a little more "recon" before I spilled my guts out, lol. Don't come off as desperate or nervous when you do, just come off as yourself, and if that's not enough to get you there, then maybe you don't want to be there after all. =]
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    You know... It's ok to ask him out without professing a crush.

Next time you talk, simply say, "This weekend would you like to go ________ with me?" Ask him to coffee, lunch, etc.

Then he'll say, "yes", "no" or "can we do it next weekend".

Then you can get to know him, or at least know if he is interested at all in getting to know you.

"Have a good weekend" is just what you tell people on a Friday afternoon/early in the weekend - don't over think this.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    He could effectively avoid me for months if he really felt awkward about rejecting me.

I meant for you. Will it be awkward for you?

Well, for the most part, it would depend on how it went down. But if I just asked, and he was just direct with his rejection, then no. If he toys with my affections, then yes. But he honestly doesn't seem like the type for that.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Um, ask him out for drinks, maybe?

What is it about the modern age that makes people miss the obvious?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    You know... It's ok to ask him out without professing a crush.

Next time you talk, simply say, "This weekend would you like to go ________ with me?" Ask him to coffee, lunch, etc.

Then he'll say, "yes", "no" or "can we do it next weekend".

Then you can get to know him, or at least know if he is interested at all in getting to know you.

"Have a good weekend" is just what you tell people on a Friday afternoon/early in the weekend - don't over think this.

Yeah, I really didn't think that much of it, but someone else suggested that it meant he had plans. Technically, this is his Friday so for him, it was like saying a farewell to a co-worker before leaving work for the day (even though the day was already over).

Honestly though, I really didn't think that much of it. I was more concerned with how quickly he lost interest in the conversation.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and ask him out.
    Its 2013 not 1946.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Okay... I'll send him a message tomorrow and ask him if he would like to get together.

For now, though, it is bed time.

Thank you so much, gentleman, for your input and insight. I am much more confident now than when I started this thread. :flowerforyou:
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, gentleman, for your input and insight. I am much more confident now than when I started this thread. :flowerforyou:

Um. why?
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    D. Flirt with you more to see if any interest sparks.

Ah... that's the tricky part... not a lot of flirting has transpired. Just non-verbal cues.

may I ask from a female's perspective...what are non-verbal cues on FB? just wondering :wink:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and ask him out.
    Its 2013 not 1946.

this:heart:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    D. Flirt with you more to see if any interest sparks.

Ah... that's the tricky part... not a lot of flirting has transpired. Just non-verbal cues.

may I ask from a female's perspective...what are non-verbal cues on FB? just wondering :wink:

We have had face-to-face interaction at work. The FB only transpired tonight when I decided that the only way I can have a conversation with him outside the work setting was to send him a friend request on FB. A brief convo transpired after he accepted.