Options

Replies

• danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I never met a beer that I didn't like::drinker:

I have .... PBR or the Beast

...or Natty Light/Ice Ugh.

Really, anything that has a canned version. I'm a complete beer snob and proud of it. For me it's craft/micro brews, mostly IPA's but I like to experiment with other styles too.

This although not IPA..... But yeah there are plenty of bad tasting, "piss" beers out there. (bud, miller, coors, natty ice, Milwaukee best, becks, rolling rock)

I've got some Vanilla Porter in the fridge right now. (I'm saving calories for a Beer, Makers Mark, Ice Cream float).

Vanilla Porter sounds good, what brand is it? And Makers Mark, another soft spot for me... :)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Not sure why it is made to look bad, all the old time strongmen drank it. Some even put eggs in it:drinker:
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Really, anything that has a canned version. I'm a complete beer snob and proud of it. For me it's craft/micro brews, mostly IPA's but I like to experiment with other styles too.

This although not IPA..... But yeah there are plenty of bad tasting, "piss" beers out there. (bud, miller, coors, natty ice, Milwaukee best, becks, rolling rock)

I've got some Vanilla Porter in the fridge right now. (I'm saving calories for a Beer, Makers Mark, Ice Cream float).

Vanilla Porter sounds good, what brand is it? And Makers Mark, another soft spot for me... :)

Brekenridge it's brewed in Colorado. It's very good.
    Recipe: http://www.therisingspoon.com/2013/02/the-drunken-porter-vanilla-bean-bourbon.html
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The yeast in beer is quite healthy for you, unfortunately for most beers, this is filtered out. There are only very few select breweries that leave it in and they can be difficult to find.

I make my own beer though and never filter. The yeast has a lot of vitamin B, Chromium among other things.

The best beers are the unfiltereds, in my opinion. If God wanted us to filter our beer, He wouldn't have given us livers!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Beer is awesome....except American beer.
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not sure the science of it, but isn't beer just empty calories? And if you eat with alcohol in your system, something about fat cells? What do I know! I still love beer and will drink in moderation. I'll just make sure to stay within my calorie range and work harder the day of or the next day.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I love the beer. Multiple beers. At the same time.

That's the problem.

:drinker: :sad:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

You guys and your fancy beer, I grew up on coors light, rolling rock, and yuengling (though yuengling is in a class above the other two that can't be denied). There's nothing wrong with them when enjoyed properly (read: in bulk). If I want to pay a lot for my drink I'll get a good scotch.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Not sure the science of it, but isn't beer just empty calories? And if you eat with alcohol in your system, something about fat cells? What do I know! I still love beer and will drink in moderation. I'll just make sure to stay within my calorie range and work harder the day of or the next day.

Alcohol is metabolized like fat, which is why drinking a lot makes you gain weight. Oh well, beer is 100% worth it!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    DID SOMEONE SAY BEER?

9dA3Lzv.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

You guys and your fancy beer, I grew up on coors light, rolling rock, and yuengling (though yuengling is in a class above the other two that can't be denied). There's nothing wrong with them when enjoyed properly (read: in bulk). If I want to pay a lot for my drink I'll get a good scotch.

:drinker:

The only beer that I've ever tasted that I couldn't drink was one called Milwaukee's Best" It literally made me hurl. :laugh:
  • firstsip
    Options

Ahem *adjusts glasses*

Canning has a bad rap because of it's association with cheap, non-craft beer. However, canning IS technically superior above bottles; it prevents oxidation, spoilage, etc., keeping the beer fresher, longer, if ageing can affect taste. Many microbreweries ARE getting into it.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

I remember when yuengling came to Ohio and we bought a 12 pack of it. Everyone had the same reaction that it just tastes like every other domestic flavorless liquid passed off as "beer"
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    Ahem *adjusts glasses*

Canning has a bad rap because of it's association with cheap, non-craft beer. However, canning IS technically superior above bottles; it prevents oxidation, spoilage, etc., keeping the beer fresher, longer, if ageing can affect taste. Many microbreweries ARE getting into it.

Ahem *adjusts belt around beer belly*

I don't know about YOU slackers but I have NEVER had to worry about a beer spoiling on my watch.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    I remember when yuengling came to Ohio and we bought a 12 pack of it. Everyone had the same reaction that it just tastes like every other domestic flavorless liquid passed off as "beer"

You live in Ohio.

I win.
  • firstsip
    Options

It depends on the beer. Drinking an unfiltered craft beer is the equivalent of eating the densest, multigrain bread compared to the "white bread" of a Bud Light. You can literally get an entire day's worth of B-vitamins and whole grain from one craft beer. Not that I'm saying you should substitute certain foods with beer, but "good" beer is actually surprisingly rich with nutrients (including antioxidants).

But, you've got an awesome mindset: drink, but work it in your plan!
  • firstsip
    Options
    I can't stand beer they all taste like piss.

You haven't had the right beer.

NOW GET OUT.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Beer is awesome....except American beer.

You're doing it wrong. Saying American beer is not good is like going to Australia and only ordering a Foster's Oil Can.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options

The Beast got me through a lot of college nights! Wouldn't touch the stuff now. Same for Natty Bo for college but we recently bought it again and they actually have some good stuff now. They reformulated or something. In general though, not giving up beer. I've cut back, but never give up. After all, I'm Irish! My Uncles might disown me if I even thought about it.