Share mother in law horror stories!!

Options

Replies

• MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My son was born with a lot of my family genetic make up including redish blonde hair and blue eyes ( I have the eyes but me and my ex husband both have brown hair) desperate for everyone to stop saying MY son looks like me she ran out when he was less then a month old and had her hair died to match his..her mother until the day she died would show pictures to everyone who stopped by and said now tell me that girl is full of it there is no way this child belongs to my grandson (SMH) LOL boy was I glad to get away from that family LOL
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    We just...don't...like each other. ...and I live 950 miles away. :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    She could be worse. She just bought us rock band for the heck of it but she is really stubborn.

She tried telling me my taxes were wrong though I knew they were not and went on this whole tirad about " how she is IRS certified" or something and has "done taxes for 12 years". Turns out my taxes WERE right, though she badgered me about how I should have received more, she had no idea what I claimed.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    STILL talk to my ex MIL. Love her dearly. Just don't know how she raised that creature.......
    My future MIL I also adore. She's fantastic, hysterical and just the best.

Perhaps I'm marrying for their mothers.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My MIL is awesome.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    MIL calls me son and treats me like her own. She' more of a mother to me than my own. Nothing bad to say at all and she gifted me with a beautiful and wonderful wife now of 33 years. She is also wise enough to let us live our lives as we see fit respecting us, yet staying close enough to express love and support. At any rate, I get real tired of men, women, MIL, husband, etc. bashing on social media sites.

Sometimes it actually works and works well.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law is Canadian. Horrified yet?

Not even close. :grumble:

My mum-in-law is British. She's 84 years old and although legally blind, she lives alone in the house my husband grew up in, which is about a half mile from our house. She is amazing! And oh, so funny....she cracks me up. She is generous, kind, and adores our daughter, her granddaughter.

I have nothing but respect and love for her.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    She died when he was eight, so I never met her. The SIL is a complete nut job though.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don't have a MIL horror story, we haven't spoken in 10 years, she didn't even come to the wedding, she's PERFECT :laugh:
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    My new step mother in law turned down my request on facebook.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My mother in law loves me more than her own son and gives me hundreds of dollars to go shopping on many random occasions.

I call her when my boyfriend is being a d!ck and she yells at him.

..oh horror stories...

I got none.

Hahahaa same here.. both of my mother in laws are fantastic. My husbands mother is like my own..and his step mother is delightful. *shrugs*
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    tumblr_liwrsm4rCD1qdzg8t.gif

She never saw them coming.....................:blushing:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am a generation removed from the horror MIL in my family. Even those related by blood have horror stories.

Evidently, my partner's grandmother is equally nasty. My partner refuses to visit, even though she lives a reasonable drive from my parents.

Luckily, everyone seems to have avoided imitating these crazy old bats.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I love my MIL she is heavily medicated and always happy :wink: Has no clue what is going on and only calls 4 days a week for a total call time of about 5 minutes:drinker:

Not involved with the kids but that's the trade off I guess.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Okay, where to start...
    Mine tried twice to kidnap my daughter out of daycare.
    Mine said, regarding my husband "He always had such a big penis when he was a child, is it still big? Is he good in bed? I always thought he'd be good in bed."
    Mine bought me a ridiculously cheap and sleazy teddy to wear on my wedding night and said "I know my sons taste, trust me he'll like this."
    Mine used to work as a prostitute, and would have sex on the kitchen table right in front of her kids.

She's a freaking lunatic. I'm pretty much not surprised my husband's kind of screwed up.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My ex (almost) MIL is an interesting character... since she's my daughter's grandmother, we obviously still have contact.
    I don't trust her, at all. She's nice to me now but I think it's b/c she knows if she's a b!tch to me, she won't see her granddaughter.

When my ex and I first started dating she would comment on my weight ALL THE TIME. Referred to me as a "big girl" and chubby...never ended. She would invite his ex girlfriend over all the time even if she knew I'd be there; kept an 8x10 of her on their wall for YEARS.
    After I had my daughter I was wearing a 10 I think...12 in some jeans. Anyways, she complimented a pair I bought and I said thank you, they're new....I needed jeans that actually fit. Her response left me speechless "yea, that's for the best b/c you're old clothes will never fit again" :huh:

I lost 30lbs that year :laugh: then left her cheating son....2 weeks later he was back together with the old g/f and his mother was over the moon happy....made me sick

Since then though, ever g/f he's dated has been significantly heavier than me and his mother is a good 30 to 40lbs heavier as well....karma

I should say it's nothing too horrible just annoying really and every mom since has LOVED me
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    Background on my b#%^h in law when me an hubby were first dating I worked in a bar she was in all the time getting absolutely hammered nothing wrong with that but she used to ring my oh up in the middle of the night saying she'd been beat up,she was sick all sorts of things every weekend is out 1/2 am!.. When we got engaged an moved in together found out i was pregnant with our first she came to our place got right in my face telling me I wasn't good enough for her son who she never cared about anyway an even told him once he was the worst mistake she'd ever made!.. On our wedding day she came in a long denim skirt her 12 year old daughters vest top :/.. She came to see our daughter once then never bothered again even when we had our 3 other daughters never bothered no birthday cards or anything don't even think she knows when kids birthdays are the rest of her family is the same.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    My (future) mother in law is retiring the day before our wedding. So, she decided to plan a family vacation for all of us two days after our wedding. This includes me, future hubby, his two sisters, their husbands, and four children under five to an indoor waterpark. We all get to stay in a hotel room together....Just what every new couple wants to do for their honeymoon. Share a hotel room with their mom. UGH

I would very much appreciate this kind of vacation if it were any time other than my honeymoon.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I have none! My mother in law and step mom in law are incredible. I am so lucky to have them.
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to read these threads avidly and nod along, and then one day after I had my son, I realised that I'm hopefully going to be someone else's mother in law in the future.

Why focus on the people you can't change? It's a waste of time and energy. I'd rather focus on improving myself and making sure that I'm not going to be *one of those* MILs.