People who eat back their exercise CALORIES!!

Options
I see all these topics about eating back your exercise calories. So what kind of food are you eating to make up 1800-2000 calories??

Replies

• KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    I do. I set my status as "sedentary" because I have a sit-on-my-butt-job. When I get a chance to work out I increase my exercise calories and it's been working for me.

x1zgph.png
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Not sure I understand the question--I eat all kinds of food. Just more than I would if I didn't eat back my exercise calories.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't have any problem at all getting to 1700 calories per day!

Normally for breakfast I eat oatmeal with ground flax seed with some brown sugar. For lunch I eat a hearty salad with about 1/2 cup beans for protein. I have a mid-afternoon snack of greek yogurt and frozen blueberries plus a honeycrisp apple. Then I eat a normal dinner with my family - usually meat/starch/veggie or tacos (hard or soft). And Viola! I have reached my calorie limit!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    When I was using the MFP method, I always ate back (or drank back) my exercise calories and always was consistent in meeting my weight loss goals that I set on MFP...1 Lb per week loss (though it isn't always linear). I ate whatever....or had a beer or something. I got to the point where I knew pretty much how many calories I was going to burn in a given day based on the planned exercise for that day so I got better about pre-planning those foods in my diary. If I knew I was going to have a pretty big burn, I'd plan on roasting veggies in olive oil for dinner rather than steaming...a cheese snack...extra serving of nuts...stuff like that. And then of course, there's the beer.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of food.

This. If it's too much for you to stomach, eat calorie dense foods like nuts, whole milk and nut butters to help you supplement the calories without making you feel like you're going to explode.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Rum, I can get over 2000 cals fast!
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mostly Beer.
  • goad4you
    goad4you Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Kirsten - Where did you get that fancy graph showing your weight trend? I would love to have something like that.
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I was using the MFP method, I always ate back (or drank back) my exercise calories and always was consistent in meeting my weight loss goals that I set on MFP...1 Lb per week loss (though it isn't always linear). I ate whatever....or had a beer or something. I got to the point where I knew pretty much how many calories I was going to burn in a given day based on the planned exercise for that day so I got better about pre-planning those foods in my diary. If I knew I was going to have a pretty big burn, I'd plan on roasting veggies in olive oil for dinner rather than steaming...a cheese snack...extra serving of nuts...stuff like that. And then of course, there's the beer.

You had me at "beer"! :drinker:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Kirsten - Where did you get that fancy graph showing your weight trend? I would love to have something like that.

The graph is something MFP makes for you automatically. Go to "My home" then to "reports" and generate the report you want.
  • keshiabug1
    Options
    IF nothing else, get a nutrinional supplement like Ensure or Boost Plus to get some of the calories back.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Please, tell me, what confuses you about eating more food? All you do is open your mouth and put some good stuff in (and yes, that's what she said).
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i hear this term thrown around a lot. i dont have a heart monitor to know exactly how many calories i burn when doing exercise. mfp just gives an estimate based on the information you put in. it will ask the time you put on a treadmill. but it doesnt know if you ran or what speed. so you cant be exact on how many calories you could eat back at the end of the day. i base my calories on how i feel. if i exercise a lot one day, i will go over. but i do it in smart ways and try to grab fruit or granola bars, healthy cereals, etc. this has worked for me so far.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    all
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I eat what fits in my calories and try to make it fit my macros :)

In the way of the cat, if it fits I eats.

hEF298EDD
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

This. If it's too much for you to stomach, eat calorie dense foods like nuts, whole milk and nut butters to help you supplement the calories without making you feel like you're going to explode.
    [/quote]

She said "nut butter".
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I just eat more.

I have trouble getting all my protein if I don't plan my day in advance, but I rarely have trouble getting in all my calories.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything I want... Nothing is off limits....
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back all of mine because I don't think the calories burned on MFP are entirely accurate. I don't have any problems eating enough...most days.