Am I alone?

Options
....as some of you know....the line..."you have such a pretty face, you should lose weight"....has done more damage to me then good....so far in my pics i only put facial shots....i know that to see before and after i need to take a full length shot........has anyone before MFP had trouble with posting full body pics of themselves?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    At least you have a pretty face. All I get is "you have an ugly face, fatso."
  • featherkiss
    Options
    that is so mean....the nerve of people....i dont think your ugly Sir.....and thanks for the compliment
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any pics up for the longest time, but then I just genuinely quit giving a **** and threw some up for the hell of it. I'm still a tank *kitten*, AND ugly in the face, but there are plenty of pictures of me in nothing but shorts floating around here.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I get that all the time. My face just doesn't match the rest of my body. A lot of people are shocked when they see the rest of me, because they weren't expecting me to be so "big." When they say that, they scramble to add "oh you're so much taller than I was expecting" but I know that my weight is a big part of it. I'm just a really big girl.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    You got to roll with what God/Goddess/Random Deity/Your Parents gave ya :-) I've always thought I was ugly, that's why you kill them with a big smile and a bit of a Missouri country boy charm :-D.

Everyone has things that are attractive about them. Plus this site is about the journey!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

And you have a short goatee. :glasses:
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Roaddog, You must be fishing for compliments.. You're a cutie and you know it! OMG.. you guys have to talk kinder to yourselves.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Take the pics, don't post them. problem solved
  • Yeah heard that
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

You look like a friendly Mr. Clean, and chicks dig Mr. Clean... Not just because he can get their kitchens sparkling either!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Usually I get nice body shame about the face!!! Or the one I hate most is 'nice *kitten*'

No amount of weight loss will make me pretty!

I have to get by on sparkling personality!!
  • featherkiss
    Options
    a pic in shorts????....OMG....not yet..no way no how.....maybe when i dont look like i do now....ill post my BEFORE pics here....but shorts????...>DAMN YOU LIVE DANGEROUSLY......thanks for your input!!
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options

You look like a friendly Mr. Clean, and chicks dig Mr. Clean... Not just because he can get their kitchens sparkling either!

yea, cuz.. we can sparkle our own kitchen.. wink wink nod
  • featherkiss
    Options
    I get that all the time. My face just doesn't match the rest of my body. A lot of people are shocked when they see the rest of me, because they weren't expecting me to be so "big." When they say that, they scramble to add "oh you're so much taller than I was expecting" but I know that my weight is a big part of it. I'm just a really big girl.

Im so glad im not alone...thank you for your words
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been very hesitant to take body shots.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Usually I get nice body shame about the face!!! Or the one I hate most is 'nice *kitten*'

No amount of weight loss will make me pretty!

I have to get by on sparkling personality!!

I just saw your bikini pic, sure you do (Shakes head no...).. I don't believe you have your age right on MFP.. no way you are that old!
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    People trying to not mean end up being mean. I am sorry those people hurt you.
  • featherkiss
    Options
    Take the pics, don't post them. problem solved

gee thanks.....how did you know i was blonde.....oh yea...my pics.....silly me
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I have serious self confidence issues with my face actually. I don't mind posting full bodied shots here because it helps me feel motivated. Even though I'm overweight, my body is strong and I have respect for it. It's that respect that makes me want to make it better and not be embarrassed by it.
  • featherkiss
    Options
    People trying to not mean end up being mean. I am sorry those people hurt you.

my boyfriend loves me the way i am now...and it is a health issue....its nice to know there are other guys like my bf that actually LOOK at the inside of women...not just the outter layer.....