Am I alone?

Options

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Usually I get nice body shame about the face!!! Or the one I hate most is 'nice *kitten*'

No amount of weight loss will make me pretty!

I have to get by on sparkling personality!!

I just saw your bikini pic, sure you do (Shakes head no...).. I don't believe you have your age right on MFP.. no way you are that old!

lol! bikini pic is when I was 25! A very long time ago!!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    People trying to not mean end up being mean. I am sorry those people hurt you.

my boyfriend loves me the way i am now...and it is a health issue....its nice to know there are other guys like my bf that actually LOOK at the inside of women...not just the outter layer.....

Your boyfriend is a radiologist!!! COOL!!!! (SORRY, I just really wanted to say that, nerdy joke!. :-D)

I'm done now :-D
  • featherkiss
    Options
    I didn't have any pics up for the longest time, but then I just genuinely quit giving a **** and threw some up for the hell of it. I'm still a tank *kitten*, AND ugly in the face, but there are plenty of pictures of me in nothing but shorts floating around here.
    [/quote

adding you.....and im from NJ...tank *kitten* was a word i heard often....(even tho my weight is belly fat)]
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am with you..although I have posted a few body shots now...it was hard but its definitely getting easier. You should take the pictures and at least hold on to them so you can look back and see how far you have come..it will be totally worth it I promise!
  • featherkiss
    Options
    I didn't have any pics up for the longest time, but then I just genuinely quit giving a **** and threw some up for the hell of it. I'm still a tank *kitten*, AND ugly in the face, but there are plenty of pictures of me in nothing but shorts floating around here.
    [/quote

adding you.....and im from NJ...tank *kitten* was a word i heard often....(even tho my weight is belly fat)]

thank goodness your done!!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Usually I get nice body shame about the face!!! Or the one I hate most is 'nice *kitten*'

No amount of weight loss will make me pretty!

I have to get by on sparkling personality!!

I just saw your bikini pic, sure you do (Shakes head no...).. I don't believe you have your age right on MFP.. no way you are that old!

lol! bikini pic is when I was 25! A very long time ago!!!

Even your other pics you don't look that old. *thumbs up* good job!
  • featherkiss
    Options
    I have serious self confidence issues with my face actually. I don't mind posting full bodied shots here because it helps me feel motivated. Even though I'm overweight, my body is strong and I have respect for it. It's that respect that makes me want to make it better and not be embarrassed by it.

thank you for your insight....i feel better knowing that other deal with my issues too...make a person not feel so alone
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    its better to have a pretty face than a not so attractive face :)

because there may be girls who have wonderful bodies but not so pretty faces.. so feel grateful you were blessed with that :)
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I commend you for being willing to take shots at all when you aren't comfortable. I spent 2 years avoiding cameras at all costs. There are no before pictures of me because they don't exist. So I say good for you! Post or don't that's still awesome.

As for people making those types of comments? Tell them they'd be so much fun to talk to if they just worked on their social skills! Youu can lose weight, you can't fix ugly though
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have trouble with pictures in general. the one i hate the most is me and my sister. she is a twig and had 3 kids! i get people that always comment about me not having any pics of myself.
  • neotechie
    Options
    At least people are willing to talk about your face. Children running and screaming is all I get for feedback.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    People get in the way of there own mouths - they just can't help themselves and there are days I would like to smack some of them. I tend to be the one taking the pictures becuase I hate how I look. Especially given the amount of weight I have gained which doesnt help with how old one looks. Understand I have been an athlete and active my whole life until I fractured my hip. I was never tiny but I wsa in very good shape. My husband lost a lot of weight recently (mostly because of being sick and not exercise). We have been a few places where he will get told how great he looks and then they will give me that sort of sideways look and ask me if I'm doing ok....and if I'm able to exercise now that I had hip surgery....not fun
  • featherkiss
    Options
    its better to have a pretty face than a not so attractive face :)

because there may be girls who have wonderful bodies but not so pretty faces.. so feel grateful you were blessed with that :)

i am grateful....thanks for your words of wisdom....
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I feel the same, I'm only confident when posting face pictures. MFP is the only place I will post full-body pictures because everyone on here is very supportive and non-judgmental about it... Most of the time.
  • featherkiss
    Options
    I commend you for being willing to take shots at all when you aren't comfortable. I spent 2 years avoiding cameras at all costs. There are no before pictures of me because they don't exist. So I say good for you! Post or don't that's still awesome.

As for people making those types of comments? Tell them they'd be so much fun to talk to if they just worked on their social skills! Youu can lose weight, you can't fix ugly though

well said.....and from what is on the inside...you didnt need to lose weight.....adding you....love your motivation and your inspiring attitude
  • featherkiss
    Options
    People get in the way of there own mouths - they just can't help themselves and there are days I would like to smack some of them. I tend to be the one taking the pictures becuase I hate how I look. Especially given the amount of weight I have gained which doesnt help with how old one looks. Understand I have been an athlete and active my whole life until I fractured my hip. I was never tiny but I wsa in very good shape. My husband lost a lot of weight recently (mostly because of being sick and not exercise). We have been a few places where he will get told how great he looks and then they will give me that sort of sideways look and ask me if I'm doing ok....and if I'm able to exercise now that I had hip surgery....not fun

ill be thinking of you and your up coming surgery....and thank you for your words of wisdom
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Roaddog, You must be fishing for compliments.. You're a cutie and you know it! OMG.. you guys have to talk kinder to yourselves.

I think he was kidding about the insult.

Fishing or not, some people don't get compliments on their look, as in ever. So, when you get one, the best thing is to take it as a positive and not negative.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I hate having my photo taken, but I got my daughter to take one 6 months ago, then another this week because I didn't feel any different.

I can see in the photos where I've actually toned up.

There's no way in this reality or any other reality that I would post pictures of myself on the internet in my underwear, but a tight fitting jumper and jeans is good enough to use as guide.

I'm glad I did, it's given me the motivation to keep going.
  • featherkiss
    Options
    I feel the same, I'm only confident when posting face pictures. MFP is the only place I will post full-body pictures because everyone on here is very supportive and non-judgmental about it... Most of the time.

i have been here only a month and can see there are some real NEGATIVE people with chips on their shoulders....but it sure doesnt compare to the positive supportive ones you speak of...i think you look amazing.....thanks for the kind words
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I will say this. I do recommend people take before and pictures of the journey. You'll be sad if you don't. I wish I had more/better starting out pictures. I'm now down a total of 130 pounds, around 76 on mfp. I really wish I had the nerve to take higher res. before photos the difference is amazing. You don't have to post them, but for yourself I do highly recommend it. You'll want them when you reach your goal.