Gym offenses...

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Only time I've been offended was I'm pretty sure a guy sh** himself squatting in the squat rack once.. He was squatting.. then he dropped the weight off and busted towards the locker room as this smelled filled the area.. The whole area stunk so bad forever

S**t happens. :laugh:
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 391 Member
    but i hate ; Dripping ur sweat all over the equipment and not wiping down. Faux pas number one.

OMG!!! I once saw a man get off the Cybex, sweat still running down the hand grips, and he went off on his merry way!!! WTH was that!!! So now I am obsessed with wiping down the Cybex before and after I use it. Never know if the empty one is the one his sweaty, nasty, unsanitary *kitten* just got off...LOL

A good reason for not going...
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Burping happens. I get annoyed when someone doesn't wipe down, but I wipe before and after so I guess I don't have a reason to complain really. The most offensive thing I've ever heard of someone doing was a guy who stood around with his friend (I heard they were just standing around the equipment or on the treadmill but not really "working") and made comments about the women working out in the gym....talking about their bodies and what they'd like to do to them. Ick. This guy was also known to hack lugies in the water fountain and when asked not to, replied "There's no sign!" Ew. What a loser.
  • I would not be offended if someone burped like that - especially when they said "excuse me", so it was probably unintentional. It happens to everyone. I can't believe she went to the front desk to complain about that. Lol, wow.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    My Husband got kicked out of Planet Fitness for wearing a bandana. The womenfolk said it was "intimidating".

Yup, because he accessorizes means that he's big and scary.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    My Husband got kicked out of Planet Fitness for wearing a bandana. The womenfolk said it was "intimidating".

WTF?!?!?! SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    I have to admit as a human being.. sometimes stuff moves around and gas escapes when lifting or running.. You just have to find a way to be discrete and look at the person next to you as though it was their fault..
    Bahahahaha! EXACTLY! :laugh:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Unless it was intentionally done right in my face just to be rude I wouldn't care. I would probably smile and give the guy a thumbs up. If she was that offended she should work out at home. I've heard and seen worse in a gym and none of it was offensive to me.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    I would be worried about offending him.....meaning I'd probably laugh... *kitten* happens. That girl should just get over it.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    And after we made a stink because other people had similar head coverings on, they offered to buy out and cancel our contract. The manager said it was at his discretion.

So don't be a biker and go to Planet Fitness. I was a little bummed, I wanted to be the one to trigger the lunk alarm and get kicked out. I had plans for a T-shirt.
  • bunyapine
    bunyapine Posts: 12 Member
    Thats discrimination....if you have a nice bum then I'm going to look and will do so till the day I die. Just because you are older doesn't mean you have to stop looking at fine art or the scenery.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    What a lame chick...could have been way worse....
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    offended? I would rate and critique it.
  • :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hilarious
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member

Yup, because he accessorizes means that he's big and scary.

or in a gang. But seriously? That's nuts!
    oh wait the gangs are now taking over the gyms as their new territory? :laugh:

Some people should just stay home.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    No id give him a burp off
    but i hate ; Dripping ur sweat all over the equipment and not wiping down. Faux pas number one.
    Also being 60 year old man and looking at my bum!

I guess I'd be ok...I'm 59.
  • Ok so I was at the gym yesterday and was on the bench press and a guy next to me just burps..... well the girl in the area said that she was so offended she actually went up to the front counter to complain. I mean really??? Its not like he went right into her face and let'er rip. He even said excuse me and she still had her panties up her butt.... So I ask this... Would any other female out there get offended by this action in this same manner? What other actions do us guys do in the gym that offend?

That would make me laugh. Honestly? I have yet to be offended at my gym. I am too busy counting reps, and mentally telling myself what a bad a** I am!

I had a guy fart near me, blew a really loud one too. I just hid my face and laughed. Didn't want to offend him.

You know what does offend me? When stupid beyotches without any sweat on their faces sit around hogging the equipment while they blab with their friends. Does that count?
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Of course I would me offended!! Clearly he did it to get her out of the "man area"!!

Everybody knows that women don't have bodily functions, and it disturbs our delicate sensibilities :laugh:
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    I probably would not have heard it because I always have my earphones. The treadmills in my gym are right up against each other. Last night I was running on a treadmill and the guy running on the treadmill next to me was sweating profusely and I kept feeling something hit my leg and realized it was his sweat. YUCK! I wanted to throw up! Use the washcloths and keep the sweat on your treadmill! :(
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    So that's what Mark Sanchez looks like in a bikini.