Anyone wanna juice fast?

Options
Is there anyone out there that would want to try a 10 day juice fast (Feb 21- March 3) with me?

Replies

• FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    no thanks.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    No thanks.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    TEN day juice fast you say?
    Hell_no.gif

That can't be healthy.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Pass.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You must have just watched "fat,sick,and nearly dead", eh?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm good.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No, thank you.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Nope - don't want to screw up this "gettin' healthy" thing I got going on. But you go ahead! :drinker:
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with Juicing. The guidelines of what you can eat/blend are very similar to being a Vegan and it's not a true fast since you're eating food. Just try not to put too many sugary fruits in your juice and you should be fine.
  • JessTheApple
    Options
    I want to juice a pierogie, mmm. :) If I had a juicer, I would attempt it, but sorry. :c
  • tja888
    Options
    I heard I need to see that!! Was it worth the time?
  • MorgueBabe
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with Juicing. The guidelines of what you can eat/blend are very similar to being a Vegan and it's not a true fast since you're eating food. Just try not to put too many sugary fruits in your juice and you should be fine.
    As someone who eats fairly close to a vegan diet, I'm gunna go ahead and say no. Juicing cuts out a lot of the fiber and other things. Plus you can't juice all my yummy CARBS
    I want to juice a pierogie, mmm. :) If I had a juicer, I would attempt it, but sorry. :c
    OMG YUM now I want pierogies.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    As someone who eats fairly close to a vegan diet, I'm gunna go ahead and say no. Juicing cuts out a lot of the fiber and other things. Plus you can't juice all my yummy CARBS

How does Juicing cut out fiber and carbs? I'm pretty sure that the person making a the juice is not filtering out all the carbs and fiber contained in vegetables? Does it magically disappear?
  • MorgueBabe
    Options
    How does Juicing cut out fiber and carbs? I'm pretty sure that the person making a the juice is not filtering out all the carbs and fiber contained in vegetables? Does it magically disappear?

yeah it does. When you juice, you get the juice. All the (or most of the) fiber gets left behind... all that pulp in the juicer that's left over that you throw out.

If you want get to the nutrients from these fruits and vegetables, just eat them.

And you can't juice pasta so .....
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Most juicers so seperate the juice from the pulp. Not all though I believe.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

yeah it does. When you juice, you get the juice. All the (or most of the) fiber gets left behind... all that pulp in the juicer that's left over that you throw out.

If you want get to the nutrients from these fruits and vegetables, just eat them.

And you can't juice pasta so .....

So if you don't filter out all the pulp, you're fine? Is there a legal requirement that one must throw out the pulp? Pulp police?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

You is now the stuff that needs to be cleaned out? That is the fiber.

Vegans have many sources of protein that are not available by juicing.
  • MorgueBabe
    Options
    Where's all the protein?

It just seems to me that juicing is for people that typically just don't eat fruits and vegetables. For some reason they think that drinking them is some sort of cure all. They go out buy a bunch of produce and juice it.... drink it and feel amazing.... when in reality is they would have just eat all that produce they would feel just as amazing.

:tongue:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    courtneylee, you might consider green smoothies once a day as an alternative if you really want to try something like this. That way you get all the fiber from your fruits and veggies. I try to incorporate leafy greens into my diet but am not always successful. Adding kale, spinach, collards, etc to a green smoothie is a great way to get your greens in. I blend whatever greens I want with a banana, some frozen berries, and maybe a yellow bell pepper or some frozen green beans with a cup or so of water. Just remember that you need to chew the green smoothie before you swallow to get some saliva going with it for good digestion.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

You is now the stuff that needs to be cleaned out? That is the fiber.

Vegans have many sources of protein that are not available by juicing.

Is there a special nutrient that Vegans can get that Juicers can not get?