how many meals a day to YOU eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    I eat 6 times a day: 3 meals and 3 snacks. The meal size keeps getting smaller and the snack size keeps getting bigger. :laugh: So I guess it's starting to balance out. I don't actually count calories (though I do track my food to keep an eye on sodium and other aspects). I have been focusing on eating more whole foods and keeping the foods as whole as possible for my meals -- meaning that I don't process them too much either. But, basically, I eat about 1 1/2 -2 cups worth of food at a time. For snacks it could be a fruit medly or small salad. For meals, it could be a piece of chicken with steamed veggies. Unless it's a dessert, which is a smaller portion.
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options
    I have also found going from 3 meals to 5 or 6 smaller ones....allowed me to drop 5 lbs...in 2 weeks....after dieting so long...could hardly believe the food switch up worked....! Happy, Happy!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
  • stacykc437
    Options
    I eat 5-6 times a day (low calorie foods) which keeps me from crashing and provides steady energy throughout the day. My routine is to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with at least two to three low calorie, healthy snacks between meals.
  • MysterriGal
    MysterriGal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat 6-8 times a day. 3 bigger meals, the rest low calorie snacks. Since I've been doing this I do find I'm actually hungry, which is a good change because before I think I was just craving. Its almost as if I felt my metabolism change after a while. And my energy level has evened out, where as before I would have big highs and lows.
  • NicoleAJordan
    NicoleAJordan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5 times a day. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. You have to eat every 4 hours to keep your metabolism up. I hear your body starts to kick into "fat storing" mode if you go longer than that :).