i have to empty the whole plate

Options
13»

Replies

• lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've always had the "wasting food" thing as well until someone told me something that really sank in. Whether I eat it or throw it away, it's still wasted. My body doesn't need it any more than the trash can does. Either way, the food is being wasted! At least if it goes in the trash can it's not hanging around on my hips :)

That is so awesome! I never thought about it that way! But I will now!!!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

and smaller portions, yes, but then i m afraid that i am hungry-crave-and then eat bad stuff too much..

if you are still hungry after finishing because you made a smaller portion... prepare something more. I used to do the "if i don't make enough i will be hungry" thing as a reason to prepare larger portions. then I'd eat them because they are there. Turns out, most of the time when I prepare smaller portions (and remind myself that if i am still hungry, i can make more food) I end up being totally satisfied by the time I am done.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I've always had the "wasting food" thing as well until someone told me something that really sank in. Whether I eat it or throw it away, it's still wasted. My body doesn't need it any more than the trash can does. Either way, the food is being wasted! At least if it goes in the trash can it's not hanging around on my hips :)

I just happened upon this thread, but this really hit home. I needed to hear this :) I am a compulsive eater like this, the "must finish everything" mentality. I grew up poor as freaking dirt and we ate when we had food and we ate everything. I have had a very hard time with portion control and not eating everything there because that is what I was taught. It has been a hard struggle, but this helps considerably because it is true and I have never thought of it this way. This is a wonderful thought!

Thank you so much!
  • thefatchic
    thefatchic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am the same way and I hate it. I have to be in control of my food and portions or I will just eat whatever is in front of me. I also hate how packages have more than one serving. I don't have enough restraint to break a candy bar in half and just eat half yet. So, I avoid them all together or buy a mini one once in awhile. It's a process that will come. :)
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    ^love this too!!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    as I said in the first post.

I buy exactly the food that I need once a week, and it will last me the whole week. All my plates cups (whatever i use)... are exactly weight and calories are tracked as well, so I think it doesn't matter if big plate or small one.

and I am here to learn, that's why I ask stupid questions, I am not perfect. but I guess other are (the smart-*kitten* way some talk on here)
    Smaller plates DO work.
    Prepare less food.
    Don't ask for help then make up excuses.
    Buy less food? You say you plan for the week? You maybe buy too much?

Make your freezer your best friend.
  • Peachy_T
    Peachy_T Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Love this!! I don't know if this helped the OP, but it sure helped me! Thanks!!