how did you get rid of diet soda?

Options
124»

Replies

• rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    If you don't buy it.....you can't drink it!!!

I have been soda FREE for almost three years. You will get used to life without soda.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    If you don't buy it.....you can't drink it!!!

Perhaps just have an odd one to save calories when you're out but not keep it at home?
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1jobean
    Options
    I keep water with me all the time. This was just as hard to give up as cigarettes and beer. Its worth it though, I feel much healthier.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My "giving" up of diet coke has been creeping up on me. My secret? Exercise. I'm exercising every day and so much, that all I have room for in my stomach is water. I also started coffee (I know half a dozen one, 6 other, etc), but I drink maybe 1 cup of coffee every other morning now, and 1 diet coke every morning. I was drinking 6 a day before. I enjoy flavored water, so I will get flavor enhancers and it still beats diet coke. I'm thinking of giving up that extra can once my current 12 pack is gone next week and just being done.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have been ordering water with lime at restaurants for years, mostly because of the cost. Between hubby and I, it saves at least $5.00 every meal. Times that by every time you eat out, and it adds up to a lot of money not spent.

At home, I usually have one can of Coke Zero or Diet Coke with supper, sometimes a second can to wash down my TV-time snack. And then we ran out, it wasn't on sale anywhere, and I ended up just going cold turkey off of it. Now I have a can as a treat a couple of times a week. Currently I'm finding all sorts of ways to have fun with sparkling water and getting hubby into it, too.