Question for Weight Lifters

Options
13»

Replies

• DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    They're the best!! I've found that they're amazing for relieving and preventing stiffness....they've been a godsend as my deadlifts have increased,

Yesssssss!

Compound lifting and foam rollers is where it's at! (IMHO)

I was actually only really sore the first week I started lifting in earnest. Now I'm not sore anymore, but that's not because I don't work hard. I guess my body is just getting used to things. Also I do yoga before l lift. Deep stretching definitely helps with preventing tightness and with flexibilty such as for squats etc.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure your reading my posts, or I'm not being clear enough. There are professional body builders on websites where you can see their routine. They use machines for a lot of their workout. Where did you get the idea I have some hook up? I only brought up the way you look because I was saying that when you look like them, then I will take your advice. Not that you look bad, but you don't want to look the way I want to....HELL neither do I though. Your guard is up for some reason, I guess because I disagree about using free weights. Sorry for having a different opinion.

It depends what your goals are, if you want to get big and strong using machines is not going to do that. They take away any need to stabilise yourself as the machine does it for you. If you want to LOOK like a bodybuilder, then sure, got ahead and do a bodybuilders programme. If you want to be STRONG, then dont.

Whatever you choose, dont just blindly follow, do your research, look at whats going to work best for you. And NEVER, EVER use a smith machine to squat. They are the devil, and utterly pointless.