***EVERYONE READ PLEASEEEE!****

Options
13»

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    One helpful repsonse is helpful, everything after that was an attack. Accept it.

I'm sure that my post is one of the ones that you felt was unkind - and you're right, it was. I reacted... unkindly.

This discussion has been had SOOO many times and from the original post, it was clear that the OP had read some of those discussions... and therefore had read the answers to those posts about WHY you should eat the exercise calories. My frustration and reaction came from ... the title, the fact that it was one more discussion of exercise calories, the blanket statement that "they're wrong, haha" and the absolute lack of knowledge that the nutritionist must have to make such a blanket statement.

When I first joined MFP... I was desperate. I had tried everything and I had failed. So I came here as a student... I read what others, who had had success were doing. I asked questions (really... I'm not opposed to someone asking questions).. and I asked more questions until I understood. What I didn't do... is argue that something was wrong. I think most people who come to MFP have tried on their own and failed... why then, do people come here and expect to do what they've always done and get different results? If I KNEW EVERYTHING about weight loss (and trust me at one point I THOUGHT I did) - then I would be thin and healthy!

OP - I sincerely apologize for THE WAY that I expressed my opinion and frustration. I can't say that it wasn't my intent to be offensive - at that moment, it probably was. I usually have a much better "firewall" and simply hit the back button or try to come come across in a more positive manner. After a long week and a lot of frustration... I vented in this thread this morning... inappropriately. Please accept my apology. And seriously, talk to your nutritionist about how the site works!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since Oct 2008 with almost 1500 posts and you can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it is to see the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER again. Should I eat my exercise calories..........Heart rate monitors........sports bras.....greek yogurt....etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on and on.

BUT........

That's the nature of a message board with people that are constantly new. Be happy that these people are here to make a positive chage about their life. Should the use they search function more often? YES. Should they read the posted topics at the top of the message boards? YES.

We need to be a little bit more lenient to these people. Back in the day I would've jumped down the OP's throat too but it's just not worth it to me anymore. It's a message board. Nothing to get excited or irritated over.

I come on here to help people with their injuries and give some guidance to those who choose to ask for it. That's it.:flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Treat people with a little bit of diginity, compassion and acceptance. This site belongs to everyone. No one should be treated like garbage.

I stand firm in my opinion that multiple people can respond to a post with corrected information and the resposes still be respectful enough. Just because many people respond does NOT mean the OP is being "attacked." I simply cannot understand where you're coming from with that. And I honestly don't understand why you feel the need to continuously post about it in such an instigating way. Just because people disagree doesn't mean there is any disrespect.

I agree that many people responded out of frustration without being most helpful, but such is life. I had a guy double flip me off for over a minute in traffic yesterday because he was in the same lane as me behind me on an exit lane off of the interstate during rush hour & decided he wanted to be in front of me (I was essentially on the bumper of the car in front of me -- there was no room for him to get over at all) so he floored it around me trying to cut me off & I refused to slow down just to let him over. Was I the jerkface in that scenario? No, emphatically not, yet I was still the one who got the bird. LIFE. It sucks, but it is what it is.

I responded with the insight I wanted to share. I feel I did so in a respectful way (though I'm not entirely convinced the OP even deserved respect with a post that essentially said "Hey all you dummies, you've been doing this wrong. Including even those of you who've lost significant amounts of weight -- yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about"). But, that's beyond the point, I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.