I weight myself every....

Options
How of ten do you weigh yourself and why?

I weight my self every morning because I feel the scale is an important tool, just as important any other tool at the gym or home.

If I don't weigh myself every morning I forget how big that number on the scale is and I usually go way over my calorie limit. Seeing that big number on the scale does not stress me out or discourage me, it keeps me on task. It reminds me that my journey is not over.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and every evening. My evening weigh in helps show me what kind of water weight my diet and exercise caused that day and sets me up to play my nightly guessing game of what will my weight be tomorrow morning?

I do look forward to getting this last bit off so I can stop obsessing with the stupid scale, though!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    liek the poster above, i weigh 2x a day. I'm trying to figure out what certain activities do to me. Like i just did a good workout and am 2kg heavier now than i was when i started, in the same clothes.

All this is leading me to confirm my belief that its best to weigh myself early in the morning lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    liek the poster above, i weigh 2x a day. I'm trying to figure out what certain activities do to me. Like i just did a good workout and am 2kg heavier now than i was when i started, in the same clothes.

All this is leading me to confirm my belief that its best to weigh myself early in the morning lol

Exercise can add several pounds of water weight. Sadly it can hang around for more than a few hours, too. It can hang around for weeks and then either slink away or suddenly drop off (love when that one happens!)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

Exercise can add several pounds of water weight. Sadly it can hang around for more than a few hours, too. It can hang around for weeks and then either slink away or suddenly drop off (love when that one happens!)

lol it wont' stop me working out :) or drinking water :) admittedly i did a 2 hour workout today during which i've drunk 1.5L of water, but thats not an everyday thing haha
  • AdnerbW
    AdnerbW Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I've lost 7 kilo's in 7 weeks. So happy with my progress
  • Starrynightgrl45
    Starrynightgrl45 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself quite a few times a day right now. In my defense though, I want to see what my body is doing throughout the day. I don't do an official weigh in but only once a week, on Thursdays because I am also involved in a Biggest Loser contest at work (which has now also extended to my personal life and my friends and family are getting into it as well) :)

Weigh yourself as often as you feel comfortable doing so. In the end it isn't all about the number on the scale but how you feel that matters.

:)
  • demoeller
    demoeller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. There are too many variables and too much change on a day to day basis. Not seeing anything come off weekly is all I can handle! If I weighed myself any more frequently, the depression if I wasn't losing something would be too much and it would be much easier to "give up".
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It helps me figure out how different things impact my weight (like high sodium days, heavy exercise, TOM, etc.), and how my weight tends to "cycle". I record my weight once a week, but knowing how different things impact that number and how my weight generally trends help me figure out what's an actual loss/gain versus regular fluctuations. I use the scale as one piece/tool-not the end all & be all, but since I don't "see" any physical change (even though I know it's there-just don't see it), I have to use the scale or clothing sizes (which is even more arbritray & inconsistent) as my gauge of progress.
  • Lee337Vi
    Options
    Weigh myself daily, but record it weekly.... I need the daily reminder to stay on track... But it has had some negative results as weight does fluctuate and I would be very pissy lol.. So by recording it only weekly I see how it does fluctuate and actually even out in the end! :)
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and record it weekly. It has been really helpful to me in that I can understand the patterns of my body, especially as it comes to water retention. I can see a pattern throughout my weekly exercise program. I understand how TOM and restaurant food impact my weight. It makes the small fluctuations much less frustrating because I can see the potential causes (or realize that sometimes the scale is just stupid and there is no reason for what my weight is doing).
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Seven times weekly.

One day a week.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I feel like it sets the tone for the day. Sort of a reminder of what I'm trying to stay focused on.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning after I pee. Sometimes I will hop on the scale out of curiosity, but I only record Saturday morning.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Once every 2 weeks or month. If I modify my diet I do it once a week. I track my body composition, my goai is minimal lean body mass lost.
  • damiannikodem
    damiannikodem Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    every morning after my pee, My scales also do my body fat% and upload automatically to MFP so then I make my morning coffee, grab breakfast and sit infront of the computer to check my results and morning emails.

But on that note I can handle minor rises in weight.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Once a week on the same day in the morning naked .
  • pinkymac11
    Options
    I do daily weights, as well. And I try to do so in the AM, under similar circumstances-after my water pills have done their job, undressed, & before brkfst. If I don't do it before that, I skip it. I've tried going a whole week, & it drives me nuts!!!!
  • pinkymac11
    Options
    Good for you. As long as you are meeting your goals, that's what counts. Right?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Twice a year. Weight is irrelevant. Body composition is king. Which means if I did weigh myself 5 times a day, I wouldn't get upset if it went up or down.
  • nickraines35
    Options
    every 2 weeks on a sunday afternoon when im visiting my parents, ( i dont have scales at home lol)