I weight myself every....

Options

Replies

• fit4life626
    fit4life626 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    morning in my birthday suit. I record it daily then tally them and take that for the weekly average. The daily keeps me disciplined, and the weekly average keeps me motivated. If I got hung up on every little digit, Id drive myself mad, especially since I work out all the time and this makes it wax and wane. Good luck to us all!!
  • samanthawardle31
    samanthawardle31 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. Despite a good week I havent lost a full pound this week :( A bit disheartened
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Every Sunday am Which means I just weighed myself and I have lost another 4 pounds! Yay! lol :)
  • Marsalforn1
    Options
    Get disheartened if I havent lost weight in a week after sticking to my healthy eating religiously so I weight every 6 weeks. Lost 12lbs in the last 6 so elated.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    every 2 weeks on a sunday afternoon when im visiting my parents, ( i dont have scales at home lol)
    Mine is similar. I weigh when I visit mums.... thats every 2-4 weeks!
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    every two weeks. Weighing every day is an emotional rollercoaster that I REFUSE to ride...every two weeks gives me more accurate answers as to my progress. :) Also, the scale isn't as important as my measurements! Kick that scale under the bed and forget about it! Measure, measure measure!
  • fmaninchedda
    Options
    everyday and it sucks but I have one of those wifi scales :) Crazy fluctuations that play tricks with your mind ;)
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Major love-hate relationship with scales here. Tempted to stop using it completely or just do it once a month.
    I weight in weekly tho as for now. Used to weight in 2 times a day, but once I got some idea how my body works I stoped, cos its too easy to obsess about scales.
    Weight in on Saturday morning . Usualy plesantly light due to night out on friday and scale result cures the hangover grumpyness.
    I avoid scale on the weeks where girls tend to retain water , cos **** dat.

I measure myself daily tho, in morning after first coffee.

I dont obsess as much over 0.5cm gain than I do over 0.5kg gain, ironically.
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Every day :) just because I am too impatient to wait to weigh every week! But if I see an increase or no change, I don't get worried cos it's probably just water weight or something and it happens. :)
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and every evening. My evening weigh in helps show me what kind of water weight my diet and exercise caused that day and sets me up to play my nightly guessing game of what will my weight be tomorrow morning?

I do look forward to getting this last bit off so I can stop obsessing with the stupid scale, though!
    that pretty much describes what I do....if I don't obsess with the scale I over eat and then when I do weigh my wt is UP!! So I'll just keep doing it this way :smile:
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When I started this I weighed once a week on a Sunday morning and never weighed in more frequently than that. Six months into it I switched to weighing once a month, I weigh on the 5th because I started this on the 5th March 2012. I don't want to spend my life fixated on a number on a scale, there are far more important things than that number such as a tape measure, a mirror and how your clothes fit.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Normally I only weigh myself 1-2 times per week. Mainly so I can log my loss per week through MFP but also because doing it every day I find can be counter productive because it can become obsessive to check that frequently.
    I am more bothered about inches lost anyway :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit it but I try to weigh myself every morning to keep track of progress.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    It should always be remembered that your bathroom scales can only inform you of your relationship with gravity. It cannot validate you as a person.
    Some people should focus on using MFP to engage in healthy dietary options, track calories and exercise and throw the scales out the window. Weight loss will occur as a natural by-product of a calorie-controlled healthy lifestyle.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • SammiSpring
    Options
    Every morning. For me, it keeps a one pound gain from turning into a 5. Or, since I'm trying to lose weight, it reminds me I have goals and a plan to stick to.
  • lucyamason
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning because I feel like it motivates me to eat well for the rest of the day.
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself daily since I began (which has only been about 5 days now) and recorded it. Luckily I have lost a liiitle each day. Even if it's less than a pound i'm thrilled! I eat something small first thing in the morning then off to the gym. I consume about 2 cups of water during that time then I come home and weigh myself. I hope it doesnt become discouraging. My family keeps telling me that right now I am building muscle when I work out and to remember muscle weighs more than fat. That is a helpful reminder:).

So I think while we way ourselves to get down to that number maybe we should be concentrating more on our measurements...but I have to know where my weight stands to feel better.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Every few weeks. Today will be the 2nd time in 6 weeks since I started MFP. I stay more motivated if I don't weigh too often. It keeps me always striving. I know there are daily fluctuations & I do not deal well with those. If I have stayed on track & I weigh the next day & gained I get upset. I can stay on track better thinking ok, you have to weigh in a week or two from now so eat right today. Works for me :drinker:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    July 2012 was my last trip to the scales.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It should always be remembered that your bathroom scales can only inform you of your relationship with gravity. It cannot validate you as a person.
    Some people should focus on using MFP to engage in healthy dietary options, track calories and exercise and throw the scales out the window. Weight loss will occur as a natural by-product of a calorie-controlled healthy lifestyle.
    kind regards,

Ben

Go easy with advice like that mate, you don't want to sound like a loony ;)