INSANITY WORKOUT starting feb. 17 , 2013!!

Options

Replies

• brownie0424
    brownie0424 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    HI! My insanity should be here Tuesday. I was doing p90 master series and about 45 days in I just got bored. I opted for master series because it was more cardio based. I completed p90x a year and a half ago and got awesome results but then I had another baby. I figured Insanity will hopefully cure my 45 day boredom that I somehow get.

Feel free to add me as friend. I know I'll need some support!
  • beckstar41
    beckstar41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity 3 weeks ago. I have modified some of the exercises due to having a disability but finding that my strength is increasing and I am now doing most of the exercises as they are. Drink loads of water and go your own pace but keep moving. I don't do any other exercise apart from cycle to work otherwise my muscles are overstrained and I don't get the same benefit. I have noticed a difference in 2 weeks and so have my colleagues. I'm going on holidays for 2 weeks and insanity dvd will be travelling with me. I really hope I can keep up the momentum. There has been one occasion where I thought I would miss a day but as soon as I turn it on I'm hooked in by Shaun T. Yes I'm super unfit, have plenty of kilos to lose, no flexibility, and a disability. NO EXCUSES ; ) feel free to add me
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wow so many new posts!!! Welcome everyone! I'd love love love to keep this going! I need accountability ! I've accepted all your friend requests and will be posting my stats /test soon here . Does anyone have a BMI calculator site ? I'm pretty sure my scale one is really inaccurate I don't think at 146 lbs I'm obese :/
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am on day 16 of Insanity! This is the most brutal work out i have ever attempted! I LOVE IT! the first week is the hardest because of the soar legs and cramping, there was a couple of days i could barely climb out of bed and walk up and down my stairs. but i didnt give up, DONT GIVE UP! Keep moving forward, when you continue to workout your muscle will quit aching once they are warmed up and you will be surprised what your body can do. Also hot baths help a whole lot with the pain. I can no where near perform like these people on the videos but i try my best and always finish soaked in sweat. I havent bought a heart monitor or any cross trainers but i will definitely treat myself to those new purchases when i hit a short term weight loss goal that im working on. Have plenty of water on hand and a towel because you will need it during the workouts. Stay strong and dedicated! Feel free to add me to be friends (anyone) for that insanity motivation ;) DIG DEEPER!!
  • Lostone31
    Options
    Wow so many new posts!!! Welcome everyone! I'd love love love to keep this going! I need accountability ! I've accepted all your friend requests and will be posting my stats /test soon here . Does anyone have a BMI calculator site ? I'm pretty sure my scale one is really inaccurate I don't think at 146 lbs I'm obese :/

Don't feel bad! I am 242 at 5'10" based on BMI I am probably morbidly obese. But I can get through this workout and cannot wait till next week to take a 3-5 mile run on Saturday next week after pure cardio then cardio abs at night.
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I posted my stats! For those who don't follow that :
    CW-146.6 lbs
    Height 5'4
    Waist -35"
    Thighs -24"
    Bust 34.5"
    Arms 11"

Test 1:
    Switch kicks -52
    Power Jacks- 49
    Power Knees-88
    Power jumps - 26
    Globe jumps ( was getting tired here ) 7
    Suicide jumps 15
    Push up jacks 21
    Plank thing - 35

May Tomo be brutally satisfying :)
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Also anyone know what to add this in as exercise !
  • Lostone31
    Options
    I posted my stats! For those who don't follow that :
    CW-146.6 lbs
    Height 5'4
    Waist -35"
    Thighs -24"
    Bust 34.5"
    Arms 11"

Test 1:
    Switch kicks -52
    Power Jacks- 49
    Power Knees-88
    Power jumps - 26
    Globe jumps ( was getting tired here ) 7
    Suicide jumps 15
    Push up jacks 21
    Plank thing - 35

May Tomo be brutally satisfying :)
    No fair Megan, you dont have to lift two small children as legs!

This was at 246 when I started last week
    Switch Kicks- 50
    Power Jacks- 42
    Power Knees- 63
    Power Jumps- 27
    Globe Jumps- 8
    Push up Jacks- 27
    Low Plank Oblique- 40

Tomorrow will be awesome!
  • Lostone31
    Options

You need a heart rate monitor.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Am doing the 6 week fit test tomorrow. I am so happy to only have 2 weeks left! I have measured once and lost in my waist and arms, but gained in my hips (which I attribute to a bigger, higher butt), and my thighs and calves. there is ALOT of jumping. Once I finish this, I will go back to yoga and running until the half marathon I run in May and then onto some heavy weight lifting.

to the guy that is working with the trainer...I am doing Insanity, and also running twice a week as well as yoga twice a week. I didnt do yoga twice this month because my bod just hurt too much. Make sure you take your off days!
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first round of Insanity today. Great program, and am going to continue it after doing a recovery week this week. Congrats on everyone who is getting started! Just wait till you take that fit test a few more times, especially the last one. I more than doubled a few of my stats. I do some weights along with the program as well, mostly the upper body weight training that comes with the deluxe dvd set. I'll do that 2-3 times a week.

As far as adding in for exercise, I put it in under aerobics, high impact. I adjust the time so that the calories burned match my HRM. If anyone wants to add me for help or motivation feel free to do so.
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

I found this link so helpful until i can go get a HRM

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! My roommate and I are doing it. She's looking for a jumpstart in her journey, I'm looking to break a plateau. Good luck to us both!
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya'. I hit a major plateau and coincidentally started Insanity today too. I just did the Fit Test, though. Good luck!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Good luck Meg, I finished a few months back! What an incredible experience! Kick butt, don't give up no matter how hard it may get and give it your all!
  • excello1980
    Options
    will be posting my results here too!!

next week fit-test again! so then it will be here....just a little extra push to get just that little bit more result!! :)
    I'm smiling cause i love it!!!!
  • Lostone31
    Options
    Workout this morning was awesome!!!

Was getting a little down then Shaun T yelled Lets go!!!!! And I dug deeper!
    That tell gets me so amped!!!
  • vhallam
    Options
    Good Luck with INSANITY, I just finished my first week. I have been struggling with a cold, but I kept pushing through every morning. Tough, but love it, and finally starting to see results!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Nice to see al the spirit and support folks! I completed my pylo cardio today and basically thought I was dying on the floor after . I loved the sweat though ... I earned it ! I took a few more breaks than them but I made it ! I feel much better now that I've showered and ate some udis bread and peanut butter with a side of rice cake . Lets do this guys ! 58 days to go. I will post my before and after on here after the whole 2 months :)
  • brownie0424
    brownie0424 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today's the day for me! I will post my stats and update after my fit test. I'm nervous and excited at the same time