INSANITY WORKOUT starting feb. 17 , 2013!!

Options

Replies

• lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 1: fit test!
    my fit test numbers
    switch kicks: 44
    power jacks: 44
    power knees: 63
    power jumps: 21
    globe jumps: 6
    suicide jumps: 10
    push up jacks: 13
    low plank oblique: 45

well by the end of that I was quivering. my heart rate stayed right around 180 the whole time, my max is 185 so thats pretty freaking good! tommorow I am eating breakfast after the workout (something simple like a protein shake) I ate an hour before workout today and I threw up after cool down.

That's a great start on your fit test! Definitely work out on an empty stomach, sorry to hear you tossed your breakfast.

I am starting my second round of Insanity tomorrow. Not doing a fit test (just did my 'final' a week ago) so I'm going to start out with pure cardio instead. Way to go everyone on pushing play!
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    On day 14, a rest day. Lost 8 so far, its brutal.
    That's amazing ! Do you do anything else with it? Congrats :)!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Day 1: fit test!
    my fit test numbers
    switch kicks: 44
    power jacks: 44
    power knees: 63
    power jumps: 21
    globe jumps: 6
    suicide jumps: 10
    push up jacks: 13
    low plank oblique: 45

well by the end of that I was quivering. my heart rate stayed right around 180 the whole time, my max is 185 so thats pretty freaking good! tommorow I am eating breakfast after the workout (something simple like a protein shake) I ate an hour before workout today and I threw up after cool down.

I'm happy you started but sorry you got sick!!! Hope your feeling a little better if your sore buy some glutamine it will relax the soreness in your body :) good luck can't wait to see how you do! Along with everyone else in here
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I'm just looking into the Insanity challenge as I to seem to have hit my plateau and need something to boost my body back into action. Reading all of the posts here it sounds very encouraging and I can't wait to get going :)

Welcome!! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask :) hopefully we see you joined posting your fit tests soon!
  • MeganDominique
    Options

That's a great start on your fit test! Definitely work out on an empty stomach, sorry to hear you tossed your breakfast.

I am starting my second round of Insanity tomorrow. Not doing a fit test (just did my 'final' a week ago) so I'm going to start out with pure cardio instead. Way to go everyone on pushing play!

Round 2 already?! Wow haha I was wondering how quick you could restart ! Well feel free to pop in here if you need it :)!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I been wanting to try this also, good luck!!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I been wanting to try this also, good luck!!

Thanks !:)
  • Lostone31
    Options
    No fair Megan, you dont have to lift two small children as legs!

This was at 246 when I started last week
    Switch Kicks- 50
    Power Jacks- 42
    Power Knees- 63
    Power Jumps- 27
    Globe Jumps- 8
    Push up Jacks- 27
    Low Plank Oblique- 40

Tomorrow will be awesome!
    Today was fit test 2!
    Switch kicks 59
    power jacks- 52
    power knees- 82
    power jumps- 48 (woooo!!!)
    globe jumps- 8 (a little disappointed was hoping for 9-10)
    suicide jumps- 15
    push up jacks- 35
    low plank oblique- 48

This was motivating!!!!

Dig Deeper!!!!
  • ScottyBeBop
    ScottyBeBop Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just started over the weekend. Almost yacked during the first fit test lol. Today was the cardio plyo circuit and that was no joke. On the floor with nothing left to even stand up by the end. . Early 20's bod here i come.
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    No fair Megan, you dont have to lift two small children as legs!

This was at 246 when I started last week
    Switch Kicks- 50
    Power Jacks- 42
    Power Knees- 63
    Power Jumps- 27
    Globe Jumps- 8
    Push up Jacks- 27
    Low Plank Oblique- 40

Tomorrow will be awesome!
    Today was fit test 2!
    Switch kicks 59
    power jacks- 52
    power knees- 82
    power jumps- 48 (woooo!!!)
    globe jumps- 8 (a little disappointed was hoping for 9-10)
    suicide jumps- 15
    push up jacks- 35
    low plank oblique- 48

This was motivating!!!!

Dig Deeper!!!!

Amazing !!!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Just started over the weekend. Almost yacked during the first fit test lol. Today was the cardio plyo circuit and that was no joke. On the floor with nothing left to even stand up by the end. . Early 20's bod here i come.

Ya it kicks some serious butt haha
  • lqmustang
    Options

Round 2 already?! Wow haha I was wondering how quick you could restart ! Well feel free to pop in here if you need it :)!

I took a week 'off' doing the recovery week (core cardio and balance workouts) before starting back up with the normal workouts. I am down to that last few pounds of stubborn abdominal fat and I'm determined to get rid of it so I'm pushing hard to achieve that goal. I'd be more than happy to stick around and offer any support I can to everyone here pushing play. I'm no expert but I'm more than happy to share what I've learned during my first round.

Here is what I achieved in my fit test from day 1 to day 63 on the first round.

day 1 day 63
    switch kicks 90 141 (eaches)
    power jacks 48 62
    power knees 79 122
    power jumps 24 60
    globe jumps 7 12
    suicide jumps 13 25
    push-up jacks 21 38
    low plank oblique 49 70
  • buellbabe76
    Options
    I also started on the 17th! Yayy! What a challenge for me, WHEW! I, however do not plan on doing a second workout in the same day. But I am looking forward to seeing someone else's progress who's on the same page. I am 46, and about 45 lbs overweight...but I'm stoked! I love this workout...I hate it when I'm doing it,,,ha ha..It's week 1 so I'm doing pushups on my knees, and moving a little slower at times, but I keep moving. I also need the fresh air coming in the room, and drink ALOT more water than I was. I have also at the same time changed my diet. I know this may sound crazy, but after 1 week, I can't believe how I feel different already! I wasn't going to weigh myself, but I couldn't wait. Lost 1 1/2 lbs...That is miraculous in itself! Honestly, my goal is to comfortably wear a pair of shorts in the summer and also to have more energy throughout the day. Looking forward to reading your posts in the future! Best of luck to your new self!

I agree 100% with you! I hate it while im doing it, but the feeling afterwards is so awesome! (Well, once I can pick myself up off the floor haha) I definitely feel different after just one week, so no youre not crazy! I couldnt resist weighing myself either and I had lost 3 lbs in the first week. I couldnt believe it, so I had to weigh myself twice. lol Good luck with week two!
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Day 2: plyo cardio circut done. the level 1 drills almost killed me!

stay strong everyone and dig deeper!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I did insanity and it was a great cardio burn. I honestly got a little bored with it b/c of the repetition. Also, I missed my weights. But- it is an awesome workout and you will see your cardio abilities increase. Have fun.
  • islandsandwaves
    Options
    I started the 18th! How are you doing so far?
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am doing my 3rd fit test tonight...I'll post my results here as well :)
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I am doing my 3rd fit test tonight...I'll post my results here as well :)

GO you! I was thinking earlier I'm on week 2 today and I am excited to do the fit test next week, I know Ill improve!

Sounds like everyone is doing really good. I am really upset that my pure cardio and abs disk don't work.. can someone please tell me what I should do for a sub? I have the cardio and abs disk from p90x.. I just don't know. last week I just did the circuit disk in place of it
  • lqmustang
    Options

GO you! I was thinking earlier I'm on week 2 today and I am excited to do the fit test next week, I know Ill improve!

Sounds like everyone is doing really good. I am really upset that my pure cardio and abs disk don't work.. can someone please tell me what I should do for a sub? I have the cardio and abs disk from p90x.. I just don't know. last week I just did the circuit disk in place of it

Jamie,

Congrats on starting week 2! The cardio abs workout is also on the month 2 max cardio conditioning dvd. It's the exact same ab workout that is on pure cardio. If you bought your Insanity set thru a 'legitimate' source such as the Beachbody site or an authorized retailer, I would recommend contacting beachbody and see if they will send you a replacement. I haven't dealt with them directly myself but have read where other people that have had problems with a dvd were able to get a replacement.

Jason
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    is it the same exact? that might work. I got my set through a close friend who bought it from the website I think... but If that disk is the same then that will work!

Oh I just saw you meant just the abs.. should I jump Into that disk instead? I guess it will all work out in the end lol