How long are you at the gym for?

Options
124»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    2 hours. 1 hour for my 10km run & 1 hr for lifting.
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    I'm there for an hour...all of that time is work out because I do stretches in the car park and shower off at home. :laugh:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    From the second I start training until I finish my final rep, one hour max for lifting. For cardio, intense and focused (ie HIIT) is 20-30 minutes. More moderate level CV, 1 hour.

More is not always better unless you're training for endurance (which I am not normally).

The exception is climbing... 6 hours. Have been in the climbing centre for over 8 hours in the past. :laugh:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Dixie - you caught me.:blushing: I have gotten lazy in my old age :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Keep pushing, buddy.. any time being active is better than none at all!! :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Between an hour and occasionally an hour and three quarters. If i choose to do a 5k, i can be out in 40 minutes as that takes me less than 30 minutes. Sundays are usually my longer sessions. Come summer, my workouts will be outside on my bike, and likely to be longer. At my gym, I notice a lot of girls just wasting their time hanging about, doing a few light goes on the weight machines, and wonder why they even bother. I can be a bit judgemental but when I see them guzzling water when they are not even remotely sweaty or out of breath, I find it absurd. I go there to workout and I am not happy unless I do work up a sweat and put in an effort.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When I went to the gym, it would take me about a half hour to get there, so I would stay for a minimum of one hour, typically an hour and a half. I didn't want to spend more time driving than I spent exercising.

Now that I work out at home, it's typically 30-45 minutes.
  • mrskchris
    mrskchris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mon - Fri: I run for 30 - 40 minutes on the treadmill. Then I hit the weights for 1-2 hours.

Sundays - I do Zumba for 1 hr, and then lift weights for 1-1.5 hrs.

This has been my schedule for the past year.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You don't want to know, lol.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of Spartacus usually...May run around the track a few times before or after...and I like to do a lot of stretching so I'm going to run with less then a hr and a half.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Depends on whose clock I'm on. If I'm on my own time, I can easily do 2 hours. If I'm on my DH's clock, I have to scale it back to an hour workout tops.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm there for....if I'm there for Zumba, one hour. If I'm there for treadmil or eliptical and weights, about an hour and a half.
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    60-90 minutes
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    30 minutes x 4 days per week to weight train.

If it's inclement weather-- to run outside, I'll go to the gym on the weekend and run for 60 minutes.
  • xUnseenx
    xUnseenx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    an hour at most. proficiency and efficiency is my priority.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    About 40 odd if just cardio, about 60 odd if I'm I'm doing weight training and cardio. Once the weather gets good enough that I can run outside I'll be working on getting my miles up a little bit and the gym will be mostly for weight training or to avoid PAINFUL hail.
  • MariahBecker
    Options
    I am usually at the gym between 60 and 80 minutes. I notice people arriving after and leaving before me as well!
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Usually I go for about 1.5 hours, but tonight I only went for an hour. Sometimes time just doesn't allow.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    40 to 60 minutes. Hate cardio and usually just at gym to do weights 60%-70% and cardio 30-40%
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If I'm there for zumba - 60 minutes - on lifting days usually 20 minutes cardio/warm up and 50 minutes weights. Shower at home. On Sundays I do cardio and weights so that's my longer 2 hour day.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    45 mins - 2.5 hours depending on what i'm doing. workouts are 45-90 minutes max and any extra time is because i decided to use steam room and/or sauna