jealous of people who take diet pills

Options

Replies

• MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    In the long run, I wouldn't be jealous. Weight loss supplements and such isn't teaching you anything about properly fueling your body.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is a journey we are on. They are on a roller coaster. Your trip will take longer, and be more work, but in the end your life will be better and stay where you want it.

Take it from me - been there, done that. Now taking control of my life and my eating - not with some magic pill which is all an illusion but with changing my health for a better, brighter and longer future!

Good luck - and I know its a feeling, and it is your feeling and I shouldn't tell you to push it away, but guilt and jealousy are wasted emotions - put your energy into something positive that moves you forward!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have been dealing with something for a while now and I just need a little kick in the rear so I can try to stop feeling this way. So many people around me are taking diet pills, such as Phentermine, Thinogenics, and drinking Plexus and Advocare drinks. They are losing weight so quickly. I know that it's not a race to lose weight, but I am working SOOO hard and not having the same results they are. These products are expensive and I really can't afford them, but I think if I could I would. I'm jealous and I get angry when people sell and take these products because I know there's a better way, but I am so tempted to take them myself or yell at the pill pushers!
    You have lost over 100 lbs and are complaining that you are not losing as fast....are you sure it has nothing to do with the fact you lost 100 lbs?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of contortionists.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I get it. I remember taking diet pills back in the 70's. I know what you are talking about. Now though, I don't want to take them. I want to learn how to eat right and exercise. I just know it will happen and then i won't have to worry about it coming back.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    lol just take them.if your jealous . some of them obviously work

tumblr_m7twlbHsfe1qcg8eu.gif
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Think about it -- if those things worked, Oprah would look like Kate Moss.

There is a health price to pay for every short cut, be it liposuction or pills or anything else. And you will be back to where you started. There is no substitute to eating right and exercising.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    All that stuff is straight and utter bulls**t.

Eat real food. Exercise. Lose fat slowly. Keep your muscle.

tumblr_lnmwj1CLd61qco20n_zpsf26e6a08.gif
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Don't be jealous those people are lazy. I took diet pills and went down to 105 I was super unhealthy. As soon as I went off them I gained over 50 lbs back. You can't take them for life. Remember there is no easy way then hard work is worth it and will last. I lost 25 lbs on weight watchers and have kept it off for 6 years because it was hard and it's now a way of life. I switched to here because its free and helpful.
  • KageyKat
    Options
    Agree with what people are saying. Have a friend going to metabolic health .. Lost weight quickly.. She came to visit for a few days and was eating all the wrong foods and lots of it. I said something to her and she said her boyfriend would pay for her to get more treatments .. Already spent close to $1000. I've been losing slow and steady but learning how to eat right and exercise.. Slow and steady wins the race...
  • Coachrock11
    Coachrock11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't be jealous, diet pills alone will not make you lose weight. Most diet pills are "thermogenic" meaning they use ephedrine or caffeine to increase heart rate and breathing which in turn burns more calories(and makes your temperature rise). I've used them and the mimimal increase in weight loss isn't worth the jitters and paranoia that come along with them. If you want a similar effect without the price tag drink coffee. Have a cup of black coffee at breakfast and before your workouts for a metabolic boost.

hope this helps. great work so far keep it up!
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    Ah! Don't be jealous. They should be jealous of you for not taking the easy way out, should they not? Just remember you're getting fitter/healthier while they are only dropping pounds. You're gonna maintain the life style....be proud of who you are and what you're doing.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am working SOOO hard and not having the same results they are.

So I guess they've all lost way more than 107 pounds?
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    They're called 'diet pills' and diets don't work. You'll be better off in the long run. If you need an energy boost - there's nothing wrong with black coffee. Coffee will only work if you don't have a tolerance for it though (meaning you don't drink it every morning).
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    And they will (probably) gain it all back.

Slow and steady is the way to go. I've been going for 9 months and lost 33-34 pounds.... I expect to lose another 15 pounds over the next YEAR. But I want it to stay off.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    5382388872_e55d61a3f7.jpg
    Yup. The only way most diet pills "work" is by inhibiting appetite. People lose weight because they they eat less.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    In my experience, my whole office went on a 'diet pill' binge and they all lost about 20-30 lbs within a month or two. They stopped taking them. One of them had to because of heart palpitations. The rest just ...well, stopped.

They are all about 20lbs heavier than they were before the pills.

It's gotta be about how your lifestyle reflects your health and weight, otherwise it's all for the birds.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    You can take all of those pills, etc., but if there isn't a calorie deficit, no weight will be lost. So just eat in calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm curious where exactly you are seeing all these pill poppers? The gym? Is it gym merchandise?

Are you jealous of them affording the pills?
    Are you jealous at the rate they are losing?
    Are they already fit, now using these pills and you are jealous of the perceived effect it had on them?

Just a lil story I tried capsules in a yellow bottle once that shall remain nameless and when I caught a cold and added cold medicine ended up 3.5 hours away chasing a surfer i'd dated recently with the idea that i'd find him on the beach in his camper by using "the force" with no phone number or clear idea where he'd said he'd gone. I ended up NEAR the beach with no gas and no cash because of lots of energy and little mental focus after a couple of malls and makeovers and even a little house hunting as I'd also thought I'd move out that weekend too. The doctor who's care I was under for an injury was shocked when I described this and looked into it thoroughly only to come back and call me a junkie. He asked why I was dishonest about taking street drugs. It turned out the two combined to show up in my system that way. I'm lucky I didn't have a job that drug tested at the time, or that he did not have to report to anyone at the time. I felt horrible for days after and even when taking them regular without the cold med's felt headachey and jittery all the time and it was just bad. If you want to be jealous of that go right ahead.

I think you should be jealous of your future self who got to where he is the regular way, no gimmicks no tricks and only has himself to be thankful to. And whom all those people (if any of them are still around) are jealous of.

p.s. the surfer was also shocked, flattered but shocked and truly frightened by what happened to me even though he was a habitual user of all kinds of interesting things but my experience even scared the bajeezuz out of him and he is the one who threw the pills down the toilet for me in front of me and flushed them as I hesitated and hemmed and hawed. once it was done we resumed our little fling but without my obsessing over FAST results. This is real life, don't let pills/tricks/gimmicks mess you up. (I eventually ended up at goal size 4 with a slow but steady program and stayed that way for years and years before gaining the weight I am shedding now. )
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    lol just take them.if your jealous . some of them obviously work

tumblr_m7twlbHsfe1qcg8eu.gif

Haha, this made me laugh out loud.