NOOO! They arrived!

Options
So, I have a crisis. I started my keto diet about a month ago and before then, I ordered Girl Scout cookies. Unfortunately, I just got them in today and I'm so sad. Who can resist samoas?! I can't :( if any of you aren't familiar with keto, your body stays in the ketosis state, which uses fat instead of carbs for energy. If I eat too many carbs or sugar, my body kicks me out of ketosis. Should I do a cheat day and start keto all over again? :(

Replies

• fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    IMO I WOULD SKIP THE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! Donate them to the local food bank,
  • suey07
    suey07 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Gahh...... I know that's the right thing to do, but the question is if I have the will power. Idk :(
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I usually leave stuff that I shouldn't eat at my mom's or I leave it at the lounge at work.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Find an organization that sends care packages to the troops or something, feeling good about a good deed is SO much better than how good samoas taste!
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Stick them in the freezer! They will last and it's sometimes as easy as out of sight out of mind :happy:
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Invite a big group of friends over have healthy snack and the cookies out and let other people eat them for you. Choose the healthy snacks for yourself but don't binge on them. You could eat 1 if you pair it with a good protein! Be wise. Don't eat all of them or more than 1 and Don't eat them alone!!! You need good protein to go with it. That being said having everyone else eat them and you getting some good friend time will help you say goodbye to them much easier.
    If you can't get rid of them all freeze them in the back of the freezer where you can't see them and deal with them when you have more will power! Hope this helps!
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Put them in your freezer. You can have one when you are done! You might even forget about them once they are in there!
  • pippacont
    pippacont Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for all the flavors, but Thin Mints freeze well. Maybe try it, and if it works, great- you can have a few over time. If not, then I guess if they taste terrible you won't want to eat them.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Step away from the cookies!!!! ou have worked hard to get where you are and stepping off the trail can take longer to recover than you might think.
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the freezer idea if you can't bear to give them up!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'd eat them. All of them.

Then again, I choose to lose weight through a sensible IIFYM plan, and therefore, I can pretty much eat whatever I want.

Feel free to send them to me
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Find an organization that sends care packages to the troops or something, feeling good about a good deed is SO much better than how good samoas taste!

This is an awesome suggestion :)
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I also do keto, but I also love certain foods that I refuse to give up. This is a life style, girl, not a fad diet so make it work. I have a cheat day once a week where i don't over indulge but i don't feel guilty if i order and eat pizza with the family. and then I am strict the rest if the week. That is what works for me, I hope you find what works for you :) good luck!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Then again, I choose to lose weight through a sensible IIFYM plan, and therefore, I can pretty much eat whatever I want.

Same. I ate Tagalongs and Trefoils today.

But I don't like samoas. So don't send them to me.
  • jessica_johnson2011
    Options
    They actually freeze well.... that is if you can avoid the temptation of them being in the freezer.
  • suey07
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for the wonderful tips! I think freezing them is a good idea. That didn't even cross my mind! I did order two boxes, so I'll definitely be giving one away to an organization or... to Dontstop haha. Thanks again everyone ;p
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

This actually is an awesome suggestion, my husband is in the military and I know allot of guys over seas would appreciate some cookies. To send a care package go to www.anysoldier.com :)
  • suey07
    Options

This actually is an awesome suggestion, my husband is in the military and I know allot of guys over seas would appreciate some cookies. To send a care package go to www.anysoldier.com :)

Thank you :)
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Put them in the freezer, have one a day or one every other day. One little ol' cookie won't hurt.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Send them to me, Leaky already had cake today, so I should get them.

Thin mints please. I'll put them in the freezer, but mostly because they are at their yummiest when they are frozen. Also, frozen cookies have a negative caloric impact.

But, I'll skip the samoa - not so into coconut.

Seriously though, just work the cookies into your deficit and you will be fine.