BInging problem!

Options
124»

Replies

• taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I literally had to treat myself like a kid with this problem because it was so hard to get out of the binge mentality. I told myself 30 days without binges and I get to spend $20 on something frivolous. Ridiculous I know, but it worked. The longer you go without binging the easier it is.

^This. I got into a terrible binge cycle when i was under eating and i would go on binging streaks for like a week at a time before i would actually have a good eating day... What i did was just tried to go one day without binging.. and then two, and so on... until i lost track of the days! Then it got pretty easy and i was happy. I dont binge like i used to but ive been over eating lately due to stress... but that stuff happpennnsss. Also, maybe you are restricting your calories too much??
  • SprinkledWithEmotion
    Options
    Oh and one more thing, having 2 pieces of cake in one day does not make you a binge eater. Honestly some people drive me crazy, that is not what binging is. Don't try to relate to people with an actual binging disorder.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Oh and one more thing, having 2 pieces of cake in one day does not make you a binge eater. Honestly some people drive me crazy, that is not what binging is. Don't try to relate to people with an actual binging disorder.

While I kind of agree, I tend to think that disorders are more associated with how you feel when you're eating that food. It's the feeling of no control for a lot of people, not always the amount of food or even type of food.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I don't emotionally binge, I binge out of hunger. I suffer from purging type anorexia, I'm in recovery and started binging three months ago, do I still need to get some willpower?

To the OP, binging can be caused by restriction so make sure you're eating enough daily, you're sleeping enough and are drinking enough water. Also, try your best to identify your triggers and work on how you can avoid binging when you're feeling triggered. If you slip up, forgive yourself and don't 'start again' tomorrow, start afresh now. Focus on health, not weight loss and the rest will follow xxx
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options

There is no set amount that qualifies as a binge. What is binging to one person isn't binging to the next. It's not always about how much you eat, but the behaviors surrounding it. That's like people not believing someone is anorexic because they're not skinny enough. You disqualifying someone's problems is no better.
  • SprinkledWithEmotion
    Options

There is no set amount that qualifies as a binge. What is binging to one person isn't binging to the next. It's not always about how much you eat, but the behaviors surrounding it. That's like people not believing someone is anorexic because they're not skinny enough. You disqualifying someone's problems is no better.