Lesser of the two evils......???

Options

Replies

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Fast food for me! Cooked for you, hot, no washing up and probably more satisfying and tasty than a Lean Cuisine! Might as well make the most of it!
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many calories I have and what time of day it is.
    Mcdonalds would definitely have more calories. If it's late and I can afford it, I'll go with that. If it's late and I can't afford if or if it's early I'd go for the lean cuisine. They generally don't have more than a few hundred calories per meal, whereas a six piece mcnugget can have the same calories as the lean cuisine meal.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with an occasional fast food burger/sandwich.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I realize this isn't an option, but when I'm in that boat I pick up a rotisserie chicken and add some veg at home.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I have not stepped foot in ANY fast food restaurant in at least 3 or 4 years. When I made the commitment to myself I banned them from my existance.
    When pressed for something "quick" I will pop to the grocery store, they all have a deli area where you can get a sensible sandwich, or if you are like me and don't eat bread you can opt for a salad, bag of little carrots and some lean chicken breast, etc. There are lots of good options.

There is typically a grocery store every few blocks so stay away from that fast food as there are a LOT of other much healthier options out there!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Subway, Chick Fil A, SaladWorks or Panera Bread's salads/sandwichs - just watch the dressings. They all have grilled chicken options, and salad is, well, salad. Given my job, I've learned better how to eat on the run and it can definitely be done properly. Look at the nutrition charts before you go in, and it makes it a whole lot simpler to order.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    fast food IMO, I love McDonalds southwestern salad without chicken and only 1/2 the pack of dressing, only about 170 calories I think
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would always choose the salad instead, but either leave off any dressing altogether, or only use half of the dressing. (but then, I love salads without dressing). The sodium is bound to be less than in a Lean Cuisine, you get more food in general, so you'll be more full, and you have control over what's on it, i.e., you can remove cheese/meat that you don't want, and modify/leave off dressings/toppings.

I also like a small chili from Wendy's with no cheese. VERY occasionally I will get a grilled chicken with no mayo and leave off the bun, but the salads are generally more satisfying for me.

If it fits in my calories for the day, though, I will indulge with something a little more from fast food, but usually no more than once a month. It just doesn't always taste that good to me now.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    at 8:30 pm?
    Souvlaki
    or
    minestrone
    (gee we have good take away food choices in Melbourne (Aus)
    btw these are not from chains, they are small local shops

never McDonalds, never

(IMO = in my opinion)
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Whichever fit my goals better. Sometimes that might be Lean Cuisine, sometimes a Baconator.

^^This.
    I will eat a bigmac if it fits my macros, and if I want one. Other times, I go for a lean cuisine. I don't make a habit of it though.
    I also agree with carrying protein bars if you are in a crunch.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Not sure why either of these is evil. It's just food, people. Just food.

I'd go McDonalds, but mostly for me, the answer to all questions is "McDonald's". And I ain't gettin no salad
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I would probably stop at the gas station and get a powerbar and a smart water, those keep me fuller longer than McDonald's or Lean Cuisine
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I'd go McDonalds, but mostly for me, the answer to all questions is "McDonald's". And I ain't gettin no salad

If you were on the menu, I might be tempted.

Wait, what?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

^Pretty much.

Quarter Pounder with cheese and a 10 piece McNuggets.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

If you were on the menu, I might be tempted.

Wait, what?
    He is, every Tuesday.

Just stick with the Quarter Pounder.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

^Pretty much.

Quarter Pounder with cheese and a 10 piece McNuggets.

^ My order, too. This is why we're soulmates, people, THIS IS WHY.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If its McD's or Lean Cuisine, I might just go hungry and save my calories to eat lamb chops at dinner and maybe some Indian buffet :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds. get a grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo..toss the bun. Then burn some calories jumping around in the ball pit.

tumblr_m742xbmIv51qec7reo1_500.gif
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    McDonalds all day every day. I'm eating a burger with a bun, cheese, adding mayo, and some fries. Ooooh... New lunch plan. Thanks, OP!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken salad from McDonalds (I like the cashew teriyaki salad with grilled chicken) . It has veggies, protein, and is quite filling.

I'm not a big fan of Lean Cuisine, it's always a small portion of really over sauced, over salted, crap.
    I looked it up in the MFP database--your cashew teriyaki salad with grilled chicken has 840mg of sodium. My Lean Cuisine ravioli has 550mg of sodium--in fact, I looked at the six Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones entrees in my freezer, and only one came close to the sodium level in your salad, with 810mg (the others were in the 400-700 range).

If you don't like them, you don't like them--nobody's making you eat them. But saying you prefer your salad because Lean Cuisine is over-salted sort of ignores the facts.