Lesser of the two evils......???

Options

Replies

• FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Not sure why either of these is evil. It's just food, people. Just food.

I'd go McDonalds, but mostly for me, the answer to all questions is "McDonald's". And I ain't gettin no salad

Fa sheezy! For me, Filet O Fish meal with a diet Coke (because that's what I like)!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    It would be Mickey D's for me. Their food has changed so much for the better. i would go with a yogurt parfait till I could get to something else, or if it has to be the salad then i would get the grilled chicken with light and toss the fattening stuff.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Unwich from Jimmy John's or salad from Chipotle.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken salad from McDonalds (I like the cashew teriyaki salad with grilled chicken) . It has veggies, protein, and is quite filling.

I'm not a big fan of Lean Cuisine, it's always a small portion of really over sauced, over salted, crap.
    I looked it up in the MFP database--your cashew teriyaki salad with grilled chicken has 840mg of sodium. My Lean Cuisine ravioli has 550mg of sodium--in fact, I looked at the six Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones entrees in my freezer, and only one came close to the sodium level in your salad, with 810mg (the others were in the 400-700 range).

If you don't like them, you don't like them--nobody's making you eat them. But saying you prefer your salad because Lean Cuisine is over-salted sort of ignores the facts.
    They *are* over-salted.

How large is your lean cuisine compared to that salad? Which one will keep you fuller longer?

Also, pretty sure by over-salted she meant the taste, which is indeed fact.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I'd go McDonalds, but mostly for me, the answer to all questions is "McDonald's". And I ain't gettin no salad

If you were on the menu, I might be tempted.

Wait, what?

tumblr_m32ef6FbSG1rn45ee_zps8c9cdd04.gif
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    McD's for sure. And I don't even like McDonalds. I find Lean Cuisine to be completely putrid.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I'll take the McD's salad over Lean Cuisine any day--more filling.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely had to pick........- no time, didn't prepare, nothing at the store, nothing in the car, on the road- whatever excuse you can think of- ................ would you grab something quick from a fast food restaurant OR eat a Lean Cuisine frozen meal?

(We're having a debate at work because I would rather have a McDonalds chicken salad oppposed to a frozen Lean Cuisine)

If those were my only options, I'd stay hungry.

edited because I hit the button before I was finished.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    McDonald's McDouble is 390 calories and good protein.

Wendy's chili is edible.

Taco Bell crunchy taco supreme is doable.

Chik-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich with fruit is yum.

Never eating one of those lean cuisines because they taste like salt and are watery. I just can't do it.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken salad from McDonalds (I like the cashew teriyaki salad with grilled chicken) . It has veggies, protein, and is quite filling.

I'm not a big fan of Lean Cuisine, it's always a small portion of really over sauced, over salted, crap.
    I looked it up in the MFP database--your cashew teriyaki salad with grilled chicken has 840mg of sodium. My Lean Cuisine ravioli has 550mg of sodium--in fact, I looked at the six Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones entrees in my freezer, and only one came close to the sodium level in your salad, with 810mg (the others were in the 400-700 range).

If you don't like them, you don't like them--nobody's making you eat them. But saying you prefer your salad because Lean Cuisine is over-salted sort of ignores the facts.
    They *are* over-salted.

How large is your lean cuisine compared to that salad? Which one will keep you fuller longer?

Also, pretty sure by over-salted she meant the taste, which is indeed fact.

^Exactly.

^^She was asking for an opinion, so i gave it, i wasn't "ignoring the facts"
    A McDonalds salad is a lot bigger portion than a lean cuisine. And yes, DontStopB knew what I was saying, they TASTE over salted.

Also for the extra 290mg of sodium and 10 calories you get 28g of protein instead of 14g in the Ravioli, which is going to keep you full longer.
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would definitely choose taco bell for fresco tacos or a subway turkey sandwich - I don't think I could gag down another lean cuisine ever. I burnt out on those during my 20s in the 'single days' when I existed on lean cuisine, cup o noodles, popcorn and wine.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I don't like most of the lean cuisines, but the pizza's and flatbread sandwiches they have aren't bad at all. I'm not a big McDonalds fan either, when I go I get nuggets. Now if it was checkers, I'd be getting a double bacon cheeseburger. :happy:
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I would go Big Mac value meal, because my weight gain wasn't caused by occasionally deciding between McDonalds and Lean Cuisine, but by the fact that I sat on my fat butt in the drive thru 5-10 times a week. Now I put fast food at a once a week cap, your scenario would be that once a week...or take away from the following week if I used it already.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I choose McDonalds too. I'm also in the camp of I-don't-care-for-Lean-Cuisines. Although have had a couple of them that were pretty good in a pinch.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would definitely choose taco bell for fresco tacos or a subway turkey sandwich - I don't think I could gag down another lean cuisine ever. I burnt out on those during my 20s in the 'single days' when I existed on lean cuisine, cup o noodles, popcorn and wine.

ahhhh to be young again :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    well lean cuisines dont satisfy me whatsoever so i'd have a salad from mcdonalds. In fact i had the bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken last weekend. it wasnt too bad
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

^Exactly.

^^She was asking for an opinion, so i gave it, i wasn't "ignoring the facts"
    A McDonalds salad is a lot bigger portion than a lean cuisine. And yes, DontStopB knew what I was saying, they TASTE over salted.

Also for the extra 290mg of sodium and 10 calories you get 28g of protein instead of 14g in the Ravioli, which is going to keep you full longer.
    Ah, my bad. I didn't realize it was cool to over-salt food as long as they also add enough sugar so that you don't taste it.

As for which keeps you fuller longer, it depends on what else you eat. I would never eat "just" a Lean Cuisine or "just" that salad because 260-300 calories wouldn't be a sufficient lunch for me, no matter how much of it was protein. But the difference between 9.9 ounces and 11 ounces doesn't seem to me a huge difference in portion size, so I'm not sure how that factors into it.

Bottom line: eat what you like. As I said before, no one is forcing you to eat frozen meals if you don't like them. But for people who are trying to decide, there are (in my opinion) decent choices at either McDonald's or in your grocery's freezer case. Check the nutrition guide or labels, though, and you might be surprised sometimes.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Fast food! I can make a real meal out of options there, salad, light dressing, etc. where as a lean cuisine doesn't even make adent in staisfying hunger or taste !
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Just a warning about the McDonald's salads (in the UK, anyway) - they are very low in calories! The grilled chicken salad is 140 calories. Maybe OK for a snack, but not very satisfying for a main meal.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

If you were on the menu, I might be tempted.

Wait, what?

tumblr_m32ef6FbSG1rn45ee_zps8c9cdd04.gif

tumblr_loz3hnwrxx1qzfn59.gif