Guess the movie!!

Options
ITT: We describe a movie very poorly and vaguely, others try to guess what the movie is. I'll start with something easy: some crippled dude uses advanced technology to pilot an alien body and eventually assimilates into the alien culture.

Replies

• DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    ITT: We describe a movie very poorly and vaguely, others try to guess what the movie is. I'll start with something easy: some crippled dude uses advanced technology to pilot an alien body and eventually assimilates into the alien culture.

I'll go next... some ex-criminal taxi driver in the year 3000 gets stuck having to save the planet from an asteroid strike while on a destination vacation with the help of a priest, an attractive alien woman who he teaches English to, and a radio announcer.
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options

I'll go next... some ex-criminal taxi driver in the year 3000 gets stuck having to save the planet from an asteroid strike while on a destination vacation with the help of a priest, an attractive alien woman who he teaches English to, and a radio announcer.

Ok well I cheated. I have never seen this movie, so I had to look it up. The Fifth Element!
    (Hey, nobody else was playing ...)

Next: two homosexual lovers run a night club and try to impress the parents of their son's fiancee.
  • AltaicaTigre
    AltaicaTigre Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options

Ok well I cheated. I have never seen this movie, so I had to look it up. The Fifth Element!

Next: two homosexual lovers run a night club and try to impress the parents of their son's fiancee.

The Birdcage!

A father's wife is brutally murdered and eaten, their son left with a disability. The son is kidnapped and the father embarks on a long journey to find him with the help of a mentally disabled woman. :)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

The Birdcage!

A father's wife is brutally murdered and eaten, their son left with a disability. The son is kidnapped and the father embarks on a long journey to find him with the help of a mentally disabled woman. :)

Finding Nemo!

Transported into a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets then teams up with 3 strangers to kill again.
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    Wizard of Oz!

A sneaky teenager travels abroad and almost instantly gets kidnapped, the father, a vicious killer, searches for the wayward teen to save her from a life of forced prostitution and give a little payback to her kidnappers.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Wizard of Oz!

A sneaky teenager travels abroad and almost instantly gets kidnapped, the father, a vicious killer, searches for the wayward teen to save her from a life of forced prostitution and give a little payback to her kidnappers.

Taken!!!!!

A woman falls desperately in love with a married man, when her feelings are not reciprocated she goes on a violent rabbit killing spree.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Taken

To protect his brother-in-law from a drug lord, a former smuggler heads to Panama to score millions of dollars in counterfeit bills.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Taken

To protect his brother-in-law from a drug lord, a former smuggler heads to Panama to score millions of dollars in counterfeit bills.

Contraband

A woman falls desperately in love with a married man, when her feelings are not reciprocated she goes on a violent rabbit killing spree.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Fatal Attraction

An unemployed defense worker frustrated with the various flaws he sees in society, begins to psychotically and violently lash out against them.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Taken

Contraband

Fatal Attraction

Young woman's father is kidnapped, and she trades places with him to win his freedom. Meanwhile, back in the village, her stalker attempts to have her father committed to an insane asylum to convince her to marry him. Finally, the young woman falls in love with her kidnapper because he's the only person she's met who doesn't think she's crazy for reading.
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    Fatal Attraction

An unemployed defense worker frustrated with the various flaws he sees in society, begins to psychotically and violently lash out against them.

Saw??? Is that right?
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options

Falling down

An average seeming american teenage boy's bedroom gets hit by a gigantic airplane engine - the boy seems to go nuts as events spiral and he firmly believes the world will end in 28 days. There is also a gigantic rabbit involved.
    :)

BTW Falling down is a great movie and I love Michael Douglas!
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    @ Kat--- This is getting confusing!
    Beauty and The Beast

A man stalks a young woman, loves her, leaves her, loves her, leaves her. Almost gets her killed eventually DOES get her killed, and they live happily ever after.
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    An over the hill superhero goes against all odds (and his wife) at restarting his crime fighting career to satisfy his pride. He is tricked into a ploy where his doom is certain and his young kids and wife come to the rescue while the baby goes psycho at home!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Fatal Attraction

Falling Down

A hair-challenged but good hearted, optimistic guy travels all over the country, reading Auto Trader, and meeting lots of unusual folk while looking for his parents.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Incredibles

Joe Dirt

A very over grown kid goes back to school to try and gain his fathers inheritance.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Would be a great topic if people would actually READ before they post
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    back to school

A baseball player inherits a fortune that he must give away in order to receive his real inheritance.
  • lcostigan
    lcostigan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @sofielein Donnie Darko! (Fun stuff!)

A guy searches for the killer of his wife, but his memory is damaged and his long term memory is intact only up until just before her death. His short term memory only last for a few minutes. He has to rely on notes and other clues to help him track down the killer. Who can he trust? Has he already killed his wife's murderer? Is he being manipulated and used as a hit man? Oh yeah, the whole movie is sequenced in reverse, with the last scene first and ending with the first scene.

Sounds crazy, but it works! If you haven't seen it, you should!
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Freaking LOVE that movie, but can't think of the NAME!!!