Is everyone making Easter a "Free" or "Cheat" Day?

Options

Replies

• AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i dont celebrate it so its just a regular sunday for me.....except that it closed my gym so im pissed about that. im still continuing on my eating right and *TRYING* to find something to do that constitutes as working out.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    UH....YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! El Torito Brunch today! YUM YUM! Can't wait!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Isn't this a calorie Zig Zag day?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I really do need the mental break from behaving myself. I think this is the first day since I started MFP where I'm telling logging to kiss my butt. I logged my actual meals, but none of the goodies. You bet I'm way over in calories! I have a tummy ache and don't care. When it subsides a little... I EAT MORE CANDY! Not that we bought that much to begin with, LOL.
    Today is the first day in nearly 6 months where I just don't care :)

EDIT: Okay, I lied. I just went and logged all the junk I'm eating. Yes, I'm way over. Don't care. Just want to enjoy my day and hit the gym hard all week. Ready to see 50 lbs lost by Friday!
  • shanna618
    shanna618 Posts: 21
    Options
    hey tammy what restaurant are you going to? i work at a family style restaurant and i know there aren't tons of those around...just curious:happy:
  • kt1304
    kt1304 Posts: 21
    Options
    I received 3 small eggs, have eaten one, once they are gone they're gone though. I've lost 24lbs since january so what the hell im going to have some chocolate!

I couldn't live without the odd treat anyway, just dont eat half a shops worth and you'll be fine.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    3 hershey kisses yesterday and back on plan today.
  • cozzy530
    cozzy530 Posts: 46
    Options
    My Easter food plan is eggs for breakfast (Cadbury cream filled), Lunch of rabbit, (hollow of course) and for dinner just some beans (jelly). Then I woke up and it was back to egg whites, low fat tuna fish and turkey burgers.:laugh: :laugh:
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Luckily my kids baskets were filled with candy I can resist- hard candy- gummies, jelly beans and only one chocolate bunny can't eat there only one so no temptation.

we went and had a picnic at the park which was very nice except all the bbqing that smelled so good I think it was the first time I've ever craved a hot dog I am going over my calories by 17 so far including dinner I haven't eaten yet, so as long as I stick with just that i'm good.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I made eggs benedict for breakfast and have eaten more than a few mini reeses pb cups. Those things are sooo good. I like them more than the big ones.

I won't be super over my cals but will def. be over by some.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I cheated a little, not a big deal. I enjoyed my day with my family and that what counts. Sometimes it gets fusturating and I believe you need a day to relax. HAPPY EASTER!
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Had some easter bread for breakfast, but stayed within my calories for the day.:drinker:
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Nope. No cheat day for me. If it doesn't fit in my calories, I'm not eating it. I'm on a mission to be a lot lighter by my 20th anniversary cruise in July. So instead of thinking "oh those won't hurt me that much" I have begun thinking "how will those HELP me?"

I allowed myself one mini cadbury egg @ 16 calories and 3 peep bunnies @ 83 calories. But I did make some freaking awesome black been enchiladas for lunch!

I will completely stay under my calorie goal today! Go me! the old me would've allowed a "cheat" day but the new me is really trying to make a difference.
  • LadyLawJHF
    Options
    No cheat day for me either. I am at work right now wishing I was with my husband at my aunts house. But at the same time, I know its a good thing because then I dont have to worry about working out at the gym for like 3 hours.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Nope. No cheat day for me. If it doesn't fit in my calories, I'm not eating it. I'm on a mission to be a lot lighter by my 20th anniversary cruise in July. So instead of thinking "oh those won't hurt me that much" I have begun thinking "how will those HELP me?"

I allowed myself one mini cadbury egg @ 16 calories and 3 peep bunnies @ 83 calories. But I did make some freaking awesome black been enchiladas for lunch!

I will completely stay under my calorie goal today! Go me! the old me would've allowed a "cheat" day but the new me is really trying to make a difference.
    Mind sharing the echilada recipie?
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have been zigzagging this week and just made it- staying just at the weekly goal. HOwever,,,,, It is now 8:28pm here and I am starving!!! Trying to drink water and fight through it because I dont want to have to sweat it out with taebo and it's too late and dark to safely go on a walk. Time will tell !!!:laugh:
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    It was a major cheat day for me....my first since I started this 2 months ago.

I'm over by 900 calories -- you read that right, 900 (I was doing fine with leg of lamb, salad, and fruit salad...and then the desserts came out. And i had given up wine for Lent, so I had some mimosas)-- but you know what? I'm pretty OK, guilt-wise. I'll be back on the wagon tomorrow, food- and exercise-wise. And I won't be drinking wine anymore. I'd rather eat the calories than drink 'em!
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was definitely over by ~300 but went for a nice long run and now am back in. I'm doing a lot more cardio these days so I can get the extra workout calories!
  • UnmerrilyMe
    Options
    I ate a little too much pie yesterday so I did completely good today.
  • LadyLawJHF
    Options
    Welllll, I'm not sure. My plan is NO I will not go over my limit. But if I do, well then whatever.

I'm alone this Easter, husband out of town, kids grown up with kids of their own, so it won't be too hard.

I got my grand kids Easter baskets with NO candy! In their baskets there are some little garden tools, little planter boxes, little water sprayers, and some seeds. I think they will love planting flowers and vegetables! It's better than more candy and more useless toys.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!

I totaly love the idea of giving kids something "constructive" to do instead of candy & sweets. I will have to remember when my best friends kids get a little older. Thanks!