What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Snakes, public speaking, wooden spoons, and erasing using a pencil with a worn out eraser...makes my skin crawl.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of driving near Semi trucks. Doesn't matter where I am, beside, in front or behind, I'm gripping the wheel with white knuckles and hoping to get away from them. Even pulled over one time to let what seemed to be a convoy of them go by on the interstate.

Also, spiders. Can't stand them. Can't stand to be near them. Even when they are on TV I freak out and get the shivers.

i hate spiders dont care how small.....and i wasnt scared of semis or big trucks until i got slammed by a dumptruck a few yrs back now when they are behind me i white knuckle the steering wheel and get over if can especially coming to a stop a get really nervous......the first month or so after my wreck i would almost start to cry when they were behind me....it was a scary wreck
  • _Thanatos_
    Options
    I don't like heights.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The noise your teeth make when you accidentally screech them together *eek*

Makes me cringe and it tickles my brain.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Being trappped (enclosed space) --- I freak out if I get wrapped up or tangle in the covers at night!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Drugs... yes it's definitely weird to say "DRUGS" but I hear of people doing any type of drug and I automatically feel sick to my stomach :/ My roommate was watching the house for a couple whos daughter was a heroin addict, she told me they were shooting up and I almost passed out reading the text message I fellt so ill. She told me the next day that the girls boyfriend was snorting cocaine and I told her she had to stop sending me those messages because they were making me feel sick and anxious... it's like I get anxiety hearing about any type of drug.

And no, I don't consider pot (marijuana) a drug :/ And no I don't smoke it, but have years ago.

Edit to add centipedes - those f*ckers run around my room (I'm in a basement) and it creeps me out! I just looked them up and am nauseous looking at them :/
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm apiphobic, but not cripplingly so.
  • Cynclancurrie
    Options
    Nightmares. I've had them so bad I stagger out of bed and slam into the wall trying to get away from whatever I am dreaming about; I guess you would more correctly call these night terrors. I often scream in the night.

and people. Not all of them, but the ones I work with or know. I sit and obsess about how they are thinking something bad about me. I realize now, as an adult, that other people are not necessarily thinking about tormenting me all the time, but that was my experience as a child and I have PTSD. Oh, yeah, another. I can't stand being touched.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am an emetophobe. I fear vomit. Myself vomiting, my children vomiting or a stranger vomiting.

It is a horrible phobia to live with. I've had people make fun of me for it. The hardest part is that I can't just avoid it like many people can avoid their phobia. It's a bodily function, you can't escape that.

Snakes scare me too, but I would take a snake over vomit.

I am with you. The guys here at work joke about it. It's completely irrational but hey everyone needs something. So far I am been lucky enough to avoid it since I was 8.
  • JVonni
    JVonni Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Snakes- they're deplorable. I can't watch them on tv, can look at a picture of them... I hate them. I just absolutely hate them.

FYI- Never try to 'overcome' your fear of snakes by watching 'Snakes on a Plane'...... doesn't end well
  • ColoradoLes
    Options
    Holes and clusters of holes. It's called trypophobia.
  • ColoradoLes
    Options
    Don't google 'surinam toad' if you're trypophobic.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    swimming in anything that I can't see the bottom of..I can't do it..caves and basements and attics that are not finished
  • Julettashane
    Options
    Holes and clusters of holes. It's called trypophobia.

omgsh ic ant stand watching the commercials for the hersheys air delights or whatever that is....they show the inside and its holes everywhere it make me cringe thinking about it i want to puke
  • TJMiddaugh
    TJMiddaugh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    dentists

i chipped my front tooth when i was really young. ever since ive had a tooth phobia. when i had to get one of my wisdom teeth removed it was like sheer terror for 45 minutes straight. then i had another one removed..... same thing. i avoided the dentist like the plague. i finally went for an actuall checkup when i was 33 (last week lol) and was expecting the worst. found out my teeth are completely fine, no problems. felt like i scored the game winning touchdown at the super bowl or something
  • Julettashane
    Options
    Don't google 'surinam toad' if you're trypophobic.
    of course i just had to google.....i cringed then gagged then covered my eyes and hit the X to get out of there quickly
  • ironmom77
    Options
    Mascots. More specifically their gigantic heads and blank, staring eyes. I can't stand them. They can't talk so they idiotically pantomime EVERYTHING! They think they are so freakin' cute, so they automatically assume that you want to take a picture with them and they approach you without warning and try to hug you without permission. Every time one comes up to me, I want to take off my boot and beat them like Tina beat Ike in the limo. :explode:
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Vomit! I have a full on panic attack when my husband says he threw up. I also have a toddler. Seeing it on TV or in pics doesn't bother me. I just don't want to be near it. or get sick.

and scorpions. ew.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Bridges -- I don't like to drive over them and for the longest time I didn't.
    Figured there's NO reason for me to drive into the city so why?

Water I can not touch the bottom -- If my feet can not firmly be planted on the bottom -- I don't want to be in that water. This applies to swimming pools, lakes, ocean
  • beckcadd
    Options
    Licking a wooden popsicle stick, or using a wet wooden spoon! aaaaarrrrrrgggg....