What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Bridges -- I don't like to drive over them and for the longest time I didn't.
    Figured there's NO reason for me to drive into the city so why?

Water I can not touch the bottom -- If my feet can not firmly be planted on the bottom -- I don't want to be in that water. This applies to swimming pools, lakes, ocean

I suffer from the same water fear fianlly someone who understands people always say come out with me in deep water.Im like its not that I dont trust you its myself and the water I dont .
  • _Thanatos_
    Options
    Now that I think about it I think I'm trypophobic too
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Don't google 'surinam toad' if you're trypophobic.
    Clusters of holes bother me so much. I think it'd bother most people if they even saw it, regardless of whether or not they know this is a thing. hahahaha ughdgiufhgkfkbjn

I also have a phobia of responsibility. Doing anything official makes me so panicky. I can't call people to sort out 'official business', I feel so nervous just having to pay for school, filling out paperwork, etc. :c I put things off forever sometimes and face consequences because I'm just so scared of getting these life things done that probably would be done in five minutes, no hassle.
  • jennlove79
    jennlove79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Snakes- I will run away screaming.
    The noise of a metal fork scraping against a plate (gag).
    Styrofoam squeaking against itself (double gag).
    The dark
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    catheter
  • beautyimthebeast
    Options
    Not being judgemental but a crazy homeless dude on the street staring at me.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    MOTHS.

The fluffy *kitten* are out ta get me.
    I agree - and butterflies are just moths in pretty dresses so they can get lost too! x
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I forgot a fear

Elevators I hate getting in one, I have and will if someone else is with me but if I'm alone I always take the stairs I always been scared of them since i was a lil kid. I fear its going to get stuck between floors or going to just drop to the ground

^^^^THIS!!!! I used to have nightmares all of the time. I would get in an elevator and the darn thing would move forward & down, eeeekkk. Then we went to Disney, saw The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (didn't know what kind of a ride it was) ELEVATOR RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lived my nightmare, almost got a panic attack. But guess what?!?!? No more nightmares!!!!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options
    http://youtu.be/7N5OhNplEd4

I have found this link to be helpful to get rid of elevator fears as i used to exp them myself. the company really goes out of its way to make it a joyful exp
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    catheter

Mwah-ha-ha-ha...

As a nurse, that's my secret weapon, so you better behave if you're my patient...:bigsmile:
  • TheBoev
    TheBoev Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Planes flying over my house. I know it's irrational, they aren't going to drop out of the sky but it makes my skin crawl off when I hear them. I live very close to a Military Base so I get lots of fly-overs and each time, I can barely breathe waiting for it to go away or waiting to hear the engine stop and the noise of it falling! BAH!!
    Oh and the second irrational fear....deer. I'm just sure I'm going to hit Bambi and it will fly through my windshield and decapitate me.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options
    catheter

Mwah-ha-ha-ha...

As a nurse, that's my secret weapon, so you better behave if you're my patient...:bigsmile:

depends on the context :)
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    MOTHS.

The fluffy *kitten* are out ta get me.

DUDE!! YES!!! I can handle spiders and things relatively well... I try to capture them and put them outside if they're found inside. Both moths? Eff that. Kill em all!!

Also, someone mentioned the sound of carboard. That's me too. And people scratching paper... Dry sounds, basically, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

On the other hand, have you folks heard of ASMR? It's the complete opposite... Something either visual or audio that comforts you and almost puts you into a trance-like state...
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    catheter

Mwah-ha-ha-ha...

depends on the context :)

Rolls eyes...
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Moths.... I can't even say the word without flinching and making a weird neck-body movement like someone in need of an exercism. Bleugh!!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Shower curtains
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Loose teeth make me gag!
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    spiders and bugs in general and heights
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Cottion Balls! Thay are just so gross and creepy!!

Holy crap! See {nudges wife} ...it's not only me. Those things just plain ol' s^ck! I hate them....I tell ya...
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    jelly fish, and nails on a chalkboard! EEK! And..mosquitoes!