Help from Sweet Tooths who have changed their ways?

Options
13»

Replies

• mama2mila
    Options
    www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com, and portion control. I try to stay away from refined sugars
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    All these tips are great! Especially the toothpaste one! I also use mint gum that way... Easier to keep in my pocket for random chocolate attacks. :)
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This is one of my major issues, I truly have an addiction to sweets. I have a very hard time keeping them out of my life. I have in the past gone a whole week without 4 major sweets and it seemed to work for me (now if I can only get through more than a week): ice cream, candy, cake or cookies. I also tried to substitute fruit like apples and peanut butter and that worked for a while. For some of us it will always be a struggle but hang in there and I hope this helped!!!
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have such a problem with craving chocolate / cake / ice cream etc. I'm working on it day by day so thanks to everyone who's posted about it! Really helpful.

Of course I know if I don't buy it, I can't eat it, but I don't think I should deprive myself either as I am well aware of how a binge can creep up on me!

One thing I have started doing is sharing a one person sized cake slice / bowl / bar, between me and my friend / boyfriend, whoever else is there.

SInce trying to cut down, I have noticed a real difference in that I now feel sick and bloated shortly after caving in and eating a full portion. This is putting me off, hopefully soon I won't even try a full portion.

Good luck chocoholics!