NSV - first "You've lost weight!" When was yours?

Options
13»

Replies

• nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    No comments yet, but I am fitting into a couple of skirts that I couldn't zip up before.
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had one today, too -- my manicurist asked me if I'd lost weight. When I said "yes" she said "you look good." :happy:
  • tinahorton
    Options
    The first person that noticed on me was a coworker at about 20-30 pounds. They noticed because the pants that were too tight orignally were way too loose now.
    I heard somewhere when I first started a year ago "It takes 10 pounds for you to notice, 15 pounds for friends to notice, 20 pounds for family to notice. I had co-workers who I sat next to every day for a year not notice the first 30 pounds, when I didn't see them for a few months at 50 they DEFINITELY noticed. People get used to seeing you, and don't notice little changes slowly.

Keep up the good work!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It was after I lost about 20 pounds. I do volunteer work and one woman I work with said, "I don't mean this in a negative way...but you need to buy some new slacks, you look great but those are really baggy!" Sure made my day and I went out and bought some new slacks!
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet, but 11lbs down when you start out having to lose about 150lbs is a drop in the bucket. Still, it'll be nice when it starts becoming noticeable!
  • Gemmalouse82
    Gemmalouse82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It was over 2 stone before anyone noticed my loss! I knew though, and I felt so much better. Again little things like clothes fitting again (whole 'reclaimed' wardrobe!) and noticing how my shape was changing.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I received the first comment about 20 lbs in from my co-workers (mind you, I dropped 10-11 lbs before joining MFP). I'm getting it quite frequently now ("What's your secret?" "MyFitnessPal and counting calories.")
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Being so tall, 6ft, I have a lot of places to hide the weight, so I'm sure it's going to be awhile. 19 lbs is just a drop in the bucket. LOL

Yup. Even more annoying (hiding weight) if you, like my wife and I, can carry lots of weight. Most people look at me and never guess that I'm just under 220 lbs.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My inlaws noticed a few weeks ago and my mom just noticed this past weekend. My husband has been steadily making comments, so he keeps me motivated. My friends have yet to notice...
  • KaunisPerhonen
    KaunisPerhonen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds so far and my parents have mentioned it, but I'm not sure if that's just them trying to be nice because I'm actually really trying or if they can actually tell. But people from work who know about me trying to lose weight have asked if I've seen any results, so obviously they can't tell.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!