Body Wraps...Are they legit?

Options
13»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I don't always do body wraps but when I do, I prefer hefty bags and duct tape! :drinker:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I don't always do body wraps but when I do, I prefer hefty bags and duct tape! :drinker:

+1,000,000
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Temporary. We do the same thing to show horses' necks before a show but it's gotta stay on or the effect will go away:

33260.a.detail.jpg
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    If you using them to lose weight without diet and exercise, no, they're not legit.

If you are using them as quiet "me time" to get away from everything, turn off the phone, and forced hour or so of relaxation, then, totally legit.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    before everybody completely knocks bodywraps.....
    There are different types, and I don't like every kind.
    I like a bodywrap that uses herbal preparations, and is not compression. It is best when accompanied by a massage. Drink your water!
    It's true that the inch loss is not totally permanent, but a measurement change is not the only purpose...
    Those fat areas can be toxic, hard fat that lacks circulation. A wrap of this sort brings circulation to the area, detoxifying, moving out water retention, and the resulting increase of metabolism to the area. All good stuff! Plus, the body looks better afterwards, too. And this is encouraging.
    Best to try to keep up with good nutrition habits, water intake and exercise afterwards, to maximize renewed circulation to those areas if they were previously lacking it.

Basically no to all of this.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

It's true that the inch loss is not totally permanent, but a measurement change is not the only purpose...
    Those fat areas can be toxic, hard fat that lacks circulation. A wrap of this sort brings circulation to the area, detoxifying, moving out water retention, and the resulting increase of metabolism to the area. All good stuff! Plus, the body looks better afterwards, too. And this is encouraging.

:huh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    If you don't want one, or don't think you need one....then....don't get one. You don"t have to! I'll share my personal experience, and you share yours....but don't knock mine.

Have a nice day!:flowerforyou:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Not legit - only any good for a night out, wedding or whatever - the effects are not permanent. You can get similar results having a salt bath.
  • mmapags
    Options

If you don't want one, or don't think you need one....then....don't get one. You don"t have to! I'll share my personal experience, and you share yours....but don't knock mine.

That's all fine but you make claims of toxin removal and metabolism improvements. Some while ago Anvilhead asked exactly what toxins are removed and how. You have yet to explain. Also, I'd like to understand how this improves metabolism? Both pretty substantial claims if true. Or hokum if not.

So, exactly how does that all work? What are the metabolic improvements and what are the toxins that are removed? And how is that accomplished?
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

That's all fine but you make claims of toxin removal and metabolism improvements. Some while ago Anvilhead asked exactly what toxins are removed and how. You have yet to explain. Also, I'd like to understand how this improves metabolism? Both pretty substantial claims if true. Or hokum if not.

So, exactly how does that all work? What are the metabolic improvements and what are the toxins that are removed? And how is that accomplished?
    Right. Good news if you really do have a problem. Although your approach to drawing out information from me is hardly inspiring, I might start by pointing out that if an area has reduced circulation, and if this is creating a problem....then....increasing circulation to the area is going to help. From Wikipedia, on cellulite: Predisposing factors
    Several factors have been shown to affect the development of cellulite. Sex, race, biotype,[12] distribution of subcutaneous fat, and predisposition to lymphatic and circulatory insufficiency have all been shown to contribute to cellulite.[1]
    Although I am interested in the physiology supporting why something works, ultimately, I also want results. I tried a few body wraps, and was quite dissatisfied for a number of reasons. But I found one that works very well, and I like the results....and was willing to share my experience.
    Not really interested in an exhaustive debate on this topic with you, as your de-energizing attude has exhausted me already LOL!!
    But hope to see you in the forums elsewhere, and...have a great day, friend!:flowerforyou:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are talking about with all the "de-energizing attitude" and all. I didn't realize it was job to "energize" or "inspire" you. I'm simply asking for facts to back up your claims. Instead, you gave another claim that body wraps increase circulation to cellulite. So, please explain. Exactly how does that work. In addition to explaining what the toxins are that get removed and how this process improves your metabolism.

It's not my fault that you make claims that you can't seem to back up. So, please so explain. Or alternately, just acknowledge that you have no proof and your belief is not based on anything factual. If you don't want to have to back up your claims, then don't make them. Simple really. So sorry that you find people asking you for factual info exausting. That might lead one to believe you don't have any.
    Apparently it is "de-energizing" to ask somebody for proof of their spurious claims. Every time somebody starts touting all the "toxin removing" benefits of wraps, cleanses, detoxes, etc., I ask which specific toxins they remove and by what process. I have yet to receive any kind of credible answer from any of said proponents...nothing more than magical fairies and unicorn dust.

MFP is a place where people come to learn to be healthy and fit. People touting bogus products do a disservice to the purpose of this site by misleading users who are trying (desperately sometimes) to lose weight and become healthier. The answer does not lie in "snake oils" and magic pills and it is disingenuous to insinuate that these useless products have any benefits.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    You know what I heard is great for blood circulation? Walking. http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/walking-for-a-healthy-heart

I only paid five easy installments of $99.99 for the amazing opportunity to.....oh wait, no. Walking is free.
  • mmapags
    Options
    You know what I heard is great for blood circulation? Walking. http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/walking-for-a-healthy-heart

I only paid five easy installments of $99.99 for the amazing opportunity to.....oh wait, no. Walking is free.

Lol!! Well played!! :drinker:
  • dolphinswimmer15
    Options
    I've had success using them. I used one a couple times, after a couple days apart, before a PT test, and I lost about 2.5 inches, self-tape. I was exercising and eating right as well in preparation for my PT test. I used the wrap to see if it would give me a few extra points for my tape. The feeling I would describe in my abdomen region would be tingly. I would say that my skin didn't seem as loose to me as it did before the wrap. I would also add that I wouldn't/won't spend money on it again unless going for a PT test, and again combined with proper nutrition, exercise, and hydration. I'm not stating what it claims to do, or how it works. Just my experience.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I use body wraps. In the first 2 months I dropped 2 pants sizes and my skin was really toned up (I just had my 5th child) my stretch marks were also really improved. I have my before & after photos posted at www.Facebook.com/exclusivebodywraps there is also a recorded call posted on there from a Doctor who explains how and why the body wraps work.

Link: yes
    Legit: seems so