This is mine..what is YOUR mantra each day?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When I step on the scale and don't care for the number, or while I'm exercising as an inner chant:

"This is about health.
    This is about fitness.
    This is not about weight."

^^ THIS!

And...

This is NOT how this is going to end. (seriously, I have to DO THIS!)

Only worry about today. (I often get inpatient, and want to be me in a year)

All with a few more swear words.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Mine is.... "let's do this *kitten*!"
  • kwazykt
    kwazykt Posts: 3
    Options
    "It doesn't get easier, you just get better" // Working out and fitness

"FOOD DOESN'T CONTROL ME!" // eating right
  • ArneCB
    ArneCB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "Fortune Favors the Bold" Just get up put yourself out here and good things will happen!!

You only regret the things you dont do:)
  • paula04619
    Options
    I love that!
  • aimeelouise79
    aimeelouise79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with 'you gotta fake it to make it!' We all know what we should be doing to make what we want to happen, happen. So, if you feel like doing it, great. Do it. If you don't feel like doing it, do it anyway. Sooner or later your feelings will catch up with you.
  • ktabulous
    ktabulous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My mantra is "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!"
  • shelaneydae
    Options
    "Remember, you're training for the zombie Apocalypse. Cardio is EVERYTHING."
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I wake up in the morning and look at myself in the mirror, and I tell myself, "I am getting skinnier and skinnier every day". Even on days when I can't see a difference I repeat that to myself several times. If you can convince your brain of this, it will become true.

I also have several post-it notes (at my desk at work, at my house, on my fridge) that all say, "No food tastes as good as skinny feels" - love that one. Again, you have to convince yourself, but it helps to keep the goal in mind. I also have the word SKINNY written in bold caps so my brain sees it and subconsciously registers skinny.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've got a few of them:

"The voice in your head that says you can't do this is a liar."
    "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."
    "Own it" (If you eat it, own up to it and put it on the food journal)
    One step at a time, one breath at a time.
    SIt less, move more.
  • AndrewPearce4
    Options
    Do you not know that all the runners in the stadium all run in the race but only onw wins the prize? Run as to win. Every athlete exercises dicipline in every way. They do it as to win a perishable crown but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly. I do not fight as if I were shadow boxing. No, I drive my body and train it for fear that, after preaching to others, I myself should be disqualified.

1 Cor 9:24-27