SAHM 4/5 - 4/11

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    trish--read abt your bathrm--yay!!! can't wait to see the pictures!

time for me to face the music
    weigh in--141.6
    which means i've gained back 1/2 the wt i originally lost by last october. smart.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Trish- YAY about the bathroom!

Stacey- ((hugs)) hang in there, we are here for you!:flowerforyou:

Sooooo....I hope you all are getting ready for our Jamaica trip! hee! hee!:laugh: I definitely have enough room! I am trying to get all of the loose ends tied up before we go this weekend. Baking a ton of bread today, cleaning...etc.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Quick post, we're back from vacation, and had lots of fun, saw Mystere at Treasure Island, The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay and went to Hoover Dam, kids had a blast!!! They can't wait for our next trip, maybe The Grand Canyon later this summer.

With lots of walking and only 2 meals a day on vacation I was able to maintain my weight, yeah!!!! Now back to ol' grind, school, tennis practice, soccer practice, cub scouts, oh my, busy times ahead.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'll try and check in every day, life gets crazy busy here in the spring before school is out for summer.

Hope everyone is doing well:flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    dolphin--you were here??? i thought you were going to san diego!!:tongue:

glad you had such a good time. welcome home :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    thanks nicole. i am so proud of all you for your dedication and commitment. trish--can't believe you're almost at 50#--wowza!
    and nicole, you've officially busted thru that plateau. melissa, i saw you lost wt too--go girl!!

i will do this. i will not be fat, flabby (well, some soft spots are ok), unconditioned, and weak. i will at least recover the ground i already covered!!

post goals later and will be putting them at the top of my to-do's for the week to keep it front and center in my mind.
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    HI ALL!! I've been missin from here for along time.I've had alot goin on health wise.I was very sick for along time.I'm doin alot better now gettin back on track thought I was gonna die there a few times really scared the crap out of me n my family but by the Grace of God I am doin so much better.I'm finally back to what u would call normal as you can get I guess.Through all of this I have gained alot of weight back from not being able to be active.My kids have lost out on alot due to this.I've lost out on alot too not being able to do anything with my kids.I have 3 kids Josh 11,Draven 7 and Ayona 4. Today I decided sence I am doin better and I have recently gotten closer to God it is time again to tackle this weight for good. I now weigh 241.1lbs my goal is to lose a 100lbs by the end of summer before August 15th before my kids go back to school.Its alot but I am DETERMINED to beat this.I beat everything else now time to beat this one to.Hope everyone has a great week if any1 has any tips for me feel free to send them my way.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Thanks Stacey, but I don't think I have broken that plateau yet. I weighed myself this morning and I was back up 4 lbs:explode: For some reason my body does not want me to get out of the 160's....it's sooooooooooooo frustrating. I haven't cheated at all....maybe with some cheating in Jamaica it will kick start something!

Welcome back Lanece!

Dolphin- I am so glad you had such a great trip!

2 loaves of bread are rising right now...I need to get more eggs so I can make more. (my parents eat alot of bread!)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    welcome back lenece! glad you are feeling much better!

nicole--that stinks!! i wish i had good advice but you already know if you just keep doing right, it will change. remind me--is it just you and hubby going to jamaica?? sounds wonderful!

just got back from the Y--and really kicked butt! i biked 2nd which i think helped me do better on trdmill first.

i did 36min on trdmill with walk and running--running intervals=8, 3, 2, 2, 2 for 17min of running! that's my best ever! (in recent history anyway)

trish and nicole--i was channeling you gals--thinking how i can do this cuz YOU do this! thank you!!

i wrote my goals on my to-do list and am on my way. like lenece, i will do it this time!!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Trish~ Fantastic news about the bathroom! I still need to hang some stuff...but we are pretty much done :)

Stacey ~ So sorry about the weight gain :( You'll get it back off! Great job on the TM today!

Hi Lenece! Welcome back, and great news about your health and God :)

Nicole ~ Man, you just can't win! Have you started 'home treating' your thyroid issue yet?

We had a fantastic Easter weekend! Had a party for my hubby's promotion to MSgt on Sat night, and me and the boys went to church on Easter, then played outside in the kiddie pool in the afternoon :) Today I painted Alex's room from a sea blue color to a light buttery yellow...completely changes the room, I'm amazed! I love it! I checked a couple of sites and it said around 900 calories burned for 3 hours of painting...doesn't that sound right? Seems high to me so I just said I burned 400 LOL Also got a run in, 2.72 in 30 minutes, a little slow for me, but I couldn't get my breathing down right with the humidity and heat.
    Well, gotta go start some orzo cooking for dinner tonight, and maybe get a shower in to get all this paint off me...I'm a little messy! LOL
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Stacey, way to go on the run! I bet you felt great afterwards. I always get my running done first, and then hit the stationary bike. I think it just works better that way.

So I got a picture of our gorgeous new bathroom. I forgot to take a before pic, sorry. It was green carpet, wood fixtures, white walls, and a frog shower curtain, and here it is today:

bathroomremodel.jpg

Clean, healthy, hygenic floor, satin knickle hardware, and sexy wood accents ;)

Isn't it amazing how paint can change an entire room!
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I missed you all this weekend. We were so busy running around to visit family. Both mine and my husband's families live about 1.5 hrs away and we traveled down to see my family sat and his family Sun after church. Sat a.m. I made it to the gym before we left and had an awesome workout w/ one of my best friends. We both go almost every day but never get to go at the same time. It made my workout fly by to have someone to chat with! I was also amazed and proud that I could keep a conversation going at an incline of 15 on the tm lol!

Yesterday I allowed myself to indulge in dessert(s) at my husband's mom's. I decided not to count calories and just be "aware". Couldn't work out so I know I went way over due to coconut creme pie and homemade PB egg but it was worth every calorie...so yummy :) I was shocked to wake up and found I had actually lost a lb!! My alarm didn't go off this morning which threw my day all of course. I ended up taking the kids to a playground w/ a track around it so I could walk/run while they played. I decided to try out c25k and did the week 1 intervals for 30 minutes. It went well but I had some asthma toward the end which is why I have never ran much in the past... I doubt I will keep up w/ it consistently right now but once I reach my goal weight my plan is to go through the whole c25k plan to keep myself motivated and set new goals.
    ...amazingly that could be in about 2 months!

I have set my goal at 165 b/c that is what I was when I got married 10 years ago...it is at the top range of "healthy" weight for me. 145 would be the bottom of that range...that is what I was when I met my hubby 12 years ago...it seemed impossible 2 months ago when I set my goals but it doesn't seem impossible anymore, now that I am 1/2 way to my original goal. I may just try to keep going!
    I love being healthy!

I read a cute quote today on the c25k website. It said
    "Dead last" is better than "didn't quite finish" and trumps "never even made it to the starting line" every time.
    So true about so many things in life.

Hope you are all having a blessed day!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Stacey- that's great about the running! Thanks for thinking of me when you run.

Trish- The bathroom looks awesome! so bright and welcoming!

Katie- I did start my thyroid stuff.:grumble: I need make an appt to go back ot the doctor. I am wondering if it's because I am putting in running mileage. I am training for that 1/2 marathon, so I put in 27 miles last week and will be running 30 miles this week. I dunno. I have heard mixed things about that. It seems that all of my life I have gotten stuck in the 160 weight range. Not sure what that is about but it's time to break it!:grumble:

Melissa- I love the quote from the c25k website!!!!

Edit: Stacey- It will be just the 2 of us going!:drinker: :drinker:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    trish--LOVE the bathroom!!!!!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. This week went by so fast, I can't believe it. I did fairly well with easter, my downfall was the cookies I made on friday for some friends that came over for dinner. WHY oh WHY did I think I had the will power to not eat chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips? Boggles the mind LOL ate cookie dough and cookies but I ran alot this week and I worked out a lot as well.
    I feel great starting out this week. I ran into a few bumps this weekend that really set me back. I got really upset the last few days because of people being rude and inconsiderate.(SP?) Someone at a bbq this weekend didn't really ask but just informed me that I MUST be the other neighbor having a baby...yeah, bruised me pretty bad. Hurt my feelings and I'm still not over it. BUT I am working it out in my own little way and really pushing myself to be healthy.
    ON a lighter note LOL my weigh in day is mon and I didn't lose anything LOL Even more reason to push myself some more! Seriously trying to find the humor, maybe she thought i was pregnant because I cant' seem to have a normal BM (sorry tmi) :laugh: :tongue:

Trish- EXCELLENT JOB on the bathroom!!! would love to see a before & after pic but the after pic is amazing!!! Living in military housing is so boring....maybe I should paint my bathroom hummm...

stacey- keep up the goals hon, you'll get there!!! Your not alone, we are all in this together and I have faith in your ability to kick some butt!!

melissa- Love the quote! I'm a quote person and that one rings true for me so thanks for posting :)

Katie- Congrats on your hubbys promotion! That's awsome for the both of you! Would love pics of the new paint job :) I'm all about painting, between you and trish I think I'm going to get my paint brush out!! I think my poor husband is in for a suprise.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    WOW Trish, the bathroom is awesome, isn't it amazing, how just making a few changes, totally transforms the space. I bet you LOVE it!!!!

Stacey, yep we went to Vegas, sorry, we did San Diego a few years ago, wanted something a bit different, I had thought of trying to meet up, but I knew we were going to be so busy, and only there for a few days, plus we went with some friends. Just getting away for a few days, was so great, and some much needed bonding time for the family.

Nicole, I've been kind of wondering the same thing, "Will I be stuck in the 160's for the rest of my life", hmmmm, not sure, but i'm maintaining, even with vacation eating last week, I wish you luck, maybe it is just because you are training so hard, your body is like whoa, slow down a bit, and trying to hold on, but with summer right around the corner, I bet you break through that plateau soon.

The gutter guys are here putting gutters up, we got all of our drainage holes with pipes installed over the weekend, so now I can't wait for it to rain to see if all that hard work of digging trenches and hauling in drainage rock will help with our water drainage problem. Next weekend we should be able to start on our stone path, then get the permabark down and be done, unless we decide to go snowboarding, one LAST time, Sunday is closing day, hmmm, I think I want to play.

Hope everyone is doing great, drink that water and enjoy your day!!!!!
  • katapple
    Options
    Nicole ~ Sorry things don't seem to be working yet :( Hope you find what works soon!

Shera ~ Oh man! I'd be so upset by that neighbor, so sorry :( I didn't realize you were military too, where are you stationed? Ok, so you may have mentioned it before...but I have THE worst memory ever! I love love love painting! DH thinks I'm crazy!

Here's before and after pics...sorry they aren't the same angle:
    DSC02071.jpg
    DSC_3538.jpg

I was looking through all the pics and I couldn't find a before for my bathroom! I'm so sad :( I'll take pics of that in the next few days
  • katapple
    Options
    oh yeah!! LOVE the bathroom Trish!! Looks fantastic!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i love that color, katie! and the blinds.

thanks all for the long d/internet hugs. it helps!

and dolphin--no worries. i wasn't thinking that--just was surprised you were in my neck of the woods. :wink:

oh katie--please pass on to your friend that i heard "providence" (some subdivision on this side of town) is nice. it's 2-3 yrs old and gated. beyond that, i don't know prices or house sizes, etc. she can talk to her realtor who should know that name.

guess what my daughter's STUPID daughter did today? :explode: :explode: :explode:
    students need to get x item from their desks for y lesson.
    boy Z can't find the required item. is looking in his desk (and floor?) for it.

teacher: Z, your desk is messy again?!
    walks over to student and tells him to watch out and then
    SHE DUMPS THE CONTENTS OF HIS ENTIRE DESK ONTO THE FLOOR!!!!!!:noway:
    i ask dd1--did teacher then help Z find his thing or put the things back nicely in his desk?
    dd: No. she was teaching.

what the
    !!!!!!:explode:
    these are 4th graders not juvey convicts! and way to model calm, reasoned adult behavior!

i met with principal this am to rqst a tchr change. i will be em'ing tonight a summary of our discussion and add this tidbit. and if she dsn't get a new tcher by Thu, i'm pulling her out of school for good. this is just intolerable and so unhealthy for her and i must protect her from such examples.

insane! :mad:

on a + note--dd2 is going to a new dance class today called fairytales and tutus. they learn dance, and then change into costume and act out a story using new dance moves. this week tinkerbell is the theme. how cute!! :happy:

later girls--:heart:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Katie- WOW! That looks like a completely different room. Since you like painting so much, do you want to fly to OR and paint my house for me?:tongue::laugh:

Stacey- ((hugs)) Some people jsut are not meant to be teachers! I have said this before, but way to be proactive with your childrens education.

Dolphin- Don't take this the wrong way, but it actually made me feel better knowing that I am not the only one that seems to be stuck in the 160's!

I am still sooo bust trying to get everything doen before my parents get here....and yet here I am on the computer...:ohwell:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Don't let the neighbor get to you. In a stupid world, there are ignorant people.

Katie, love the color you chose for the boy's room! The light colors really open up a space, don't they!

And Stacey, that teacher... WHAT A PUD!!

Sorry if I am not too talkative this week. I have a model horse show in Boise this weekend that I'm trying to get ready for. Lots of pony painting (got 2 finished and glossed today, yay!) and packing to do.

Anyone wanna babysit a 20 month old on Friday?