SAHM 4/5 - 4/11

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    yummy dinner val. glad people are getting healthy :)

so my evening pretty much sucked yesterday. Jazz and I had a great, productive afternoon. Just need to get one model done today for show and pack. I went to drop her off at a bus stop (she was going up to SLC to meet with her hubby) and I was involved in a fender bender. Dave got scratched and a headlight slightly out of place. The other guy got a dent in his door. We just didn't see eachother coming.

Hubby wasn't too upset, he is getting Dave fixed today. We went for frozen custard. I was feeling a little better (chocolate makes everything better). Then I had primary presidency meeting. We were doing an object lesson with how to fit serving the Lord in with all of our other daily responsibilities. We were using those pretty decorative rocks (the smooth, multicolored ones) and dropping them into a clean baby food jar. I got all of mine to fit just fine, and started to help one of the counselors who was having trouble with hers. I got all her rocks in and was closing the lid when.... KABOOSH! Glass everywhere into my hands.
    I sliced open the base of my left thumb pretty good (doctor who fixed me was surprised nothing important was damaged), cut the pad of my right thumb, and light cut (no worse than when you get yourself chopping food) on my left forefinger.
    I got one big stitch in the bad wound, and two in the other thumb. My hands are not happy today. Going to see if someone can get me some neosporin with pain killer in it if we go to playgroup this morning.

My day just got better and better yesterday. On the positive side, I've now shed blood for my church calling, LOL. How many people can say they've done that?
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA. My parents came in Sunday afternoon and left yesterday afternoon. I can't get on the computer much when they're here. But I did have free babysitting while I was at work Tuesday & Wednesday! :happy:

Trish - I love the bathroom! I hope your hands heal quickly! That just sounds painful!

Katie - I love the bedroom!

Stacey - I hope you are able to get your daughter in a new class! Her current teacher sounds scary! :noway: I know this is belated since I wasn't on here much in the past week, but I hope you had a good Passover!

Well, back to work! I'm printing out the church newsletter, so now I have to go fold them.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.. I have to get ready for our visit with grandparents this weekend. We are driving down to San Francisco for the weekend tomorrow so I'm busy cleaning house before the housesitter gets here. *Eek* why do we always make our house so much cleaner for other people I will never understand LOL
    I have to get my run in today, very nervous about 4 miles. Seems so much longer then 3 but my 10k is getting so close! May 2nd will be here in no time....KUDO's Nicole, I just don't think I will ever get a 1/2 marathon in....

Trish- I'm so sorry about your hand, I had to laugh at your shedding blood for the church that's cute. Hope you can get some of that neosporin I've never used it but sounds promising.

I have some goals for today so here goes:
    120 oz water
    clean bathrooms
    4 mile run
    wipe out fridge
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    trish--i'm so sorry to hear about your hand--how painful!!! i hope you can find some relief.
    (and yet, you still made me chuckle at the end of your tale. how do you do that?!)
    seriously, hugs--

amy--congrats on the wt loss! and thank you for the good wishes. seders were both enjoyable--didn't otherwise keep to the passover rules. :tongue:

it is 8:48. are lunches made??? no. of. course. not.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Thanks girls. Last night after I had my sniffles out, I started laughing hysterically. They were amazed. I told them "Yeah, my body is going into shock. Laughter is the result." I don't know why, but I start laughing and making bad jokes when I go into shock. I told them not to be upset, it could have been worse. It could have been an artery. They are pretty bad cuts.

So... which of you wants to come over and open my bathroom door? I can't get the stupid child knob to work, and I need to change my bandages and put Grace on the potty!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Is a cross trainer the same thing as an elliptical trainer in the database? I just bought this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=282827801 but looking up cross in the database only bring up skiing
    Help!
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Trish if lived closer I would help. Feel bettter soon. Hope you are all done painting for this weekend
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Thanks Michelle. The right hand is feeling ok as long as I don't bump it. The left one is still pretty grumpy. Just need to get one little guy done tonight. He has a lot of white which takes forever to cover evenly. Trying to work on a couple ponies' white areas though so I have more to show.

Also trying to figure out how to get my run in tomorrow with time constraints and travel, and working out Saturday morning. I don't think I can get my hands wet until Sunday, so not showering after hard workout Saturday morning before show would be... awkward.
  • sassydot
    Options
    what if you put those thin latex-type medical gloves on to shower? put some elastic bands around the wrists so water can't get in that way, and just choose the biggest size you can to fit over dressings...

When my daughter broke her arm, I wrapped her cast in plastic food wrap to keep it dry :laugh: She broke it just above the elbow, so her whole arm was casted down to her wrist.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Trish - Ouch! I hope your hands get better! But it is fun to say you've shed blood for the Lord! :P

Sassy - what you posted is similar to an elliptical but not quite. An elliptical is longer, you can adjust the plane (so that it slants "uphill") But it looks quite similar to mine. :)

Well...went over my calories today, but only by 45. Mainly due to all the excess Easter goodies we're slowly consuming (I'm quite proud of the fact I haven't just completely engorged myself lol) Dd2 is finally pretty much all better! :) So glad to see her playing like normal and smiling and eating at her normal schedule. :) Got my pilates done for the day. Then it's Dora time for DD1.....pick up the house, dinner and then bedtime! Once I get the munchkins to bed I'm going to tackle the pile of bills and then file everything away! Hopefully I get it all done!

Have a great day all!

Valerie
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow Trish, I hope your hands feel better, can't be fun traveling either. Good luck at the show!!!!!!

Not much going on around here, hubby made it home safe Wednesday night, all has been quiet. Just been busy with kid stuff, oldest daughter had tennis match last night, in the 45 mph wind, was not fun, tonight is soccer camp for middle daughter, Saturday is soccer game for middle daughter, her first one of the season, she is very excited, its a blast watching those 5 y/o kick that ball down the field, then yard work the rest of the weekend, yeah!!! We are getting close to being done with our landscaping project.

Just found out my mom and her family (she's remarried and still has 5 kids at home, although the oldest 2 are 18 and 20), they are going to lose their house. They live in northern Idaho about 8 hours from us, they just couldn't make their payments anymore, so no other choice, will have to short sale, and find something to rent. Both my mom and my stepdad are self-employed and work has been slow. Good thing is, the are staying in that area so the 4 still in school won't have to switch schools. They built that house and took so much to get into it, but it is just too much for them. I'm just praying and hoping they can find something, that will fit the entire family. You live and learn, my mom says she's a bit relieved, the huge house payment was way too stressful.

Well my grandma is coming for a short visit today, so I have to get my work done and clean up the house a bit before she gets here, then if weather holds out, will be mowing that lawn all afternoon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I'll catch you all Monday!!!!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    dolphin, i'm so sorry to hear about your mom's situation. it has been hard for so many people. but i also understand what she means by eliminating that stress. thinking good thoughts....

i'm down! the not big snack at 3pm and again after kids go to bed is helping!!! i can keep going.

i bought loads of fabric yesterday so i can have pieces available for all those beautiful projects that i see online. i'm creating a stash. and i'm making some fleece blankets for the boy. one is robots on the fleece with a (completely non-matching/clashing mcqueen ribbon binding) which i hope to finish for him today. the clashing aspect definitely bugs ME but HE won't care and that's what matters. dh is like more blankets??? but i like them and i like to give cozy things to the kids and i like the practice. so there! :tongue:

trish--hope your hands are a little bit better. and wishing you success at the show!

time to make the lunches....
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Slowly packing, cleaning, and finishing pony. I had some shock symptoms last night so hubby painted pony for me while I crashed. Got some hourglass shaped bandaids last night so now I can move my joints a little. The left hand is still pretty grumpy, but it's better.
    Back to packing *sigh*
    Friend will be here for pick up in an hr.

On a positive note I weighed in at 199.8 today. I'm officially out of Twoterville!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sweet Trish, on the weight loss, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey, I am working on my first full size quilt, well have been working on it for almost a year now, just can never find time, I almost have the top done, and have the flannel backing bought already, I just need to put it together and take it to town to get quilted, it is for our living room, we like to cozy up and watch movies. It is my practice quilt, I am wanting to make one for our bed. My grandmother made one for us as a wedding present 14 years ago, and its starting to fall apart, so I want to keep it as a keepsake, put it on a quilt rack to show, and not use anymore, so I need to get this quilt done so I can start on the one for our bed.

Have fun, I love doing crafty things...........alas I hardly ever have time.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    do you have your middle layer?? and you could take the wedding quilt to someone to have them "restore" it--perhaps handsew the weak spots. it may be costly--but it is an heirloom.

just got back my finished quilt--yay!!
    and restrained myself--did not buy any fabric or anything when i did the pickup. :)

enjoy your next step, dolphin!
    (((hugs))) trish.
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Trish - Yay about going under 200 and Boo about the hands. I hope they are healing quickly for you. Can't wait to hear how the show goes!

Stacey- you are so ambitious with all your fabric! Great job on the snacking, sometimes it really helps to set rules for yourself.

Val- I hope everyone is feeling better

Dolphin - so sorry to hear about mom's situation. I have friends trying to sell to get out from under some of their debt and large payment and it's just not happening. As much as I sometimes grumble about the size of our little cape I am so glad that we didn't get in over our heads when we bought a few years ago (it sure was tempting...)

Haven't lost since the beginning of the week and have been ferociously hungry for some reason. AF visited last week so it's not that. I usually don't eat all my exercise cals back but this week I have been wishing for more! I have had a good day but I hear the Peanut Butter Bumpers calling my name (fav cereal!) I have such a cereal weakness lol.

On a positive note, I feel so awesome lately. I've been taking all the spring clothes out b/c we had some incredible weather this week and it's such a great feeling to put on capris I haven't been able to wear in 3 years. Even wore a pair of 12s this week!!! I have really noticed a difference lately and I LOVE IT!!! Feeling great and seeing results is great motivation to keep going!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • sassydot
    Options
    Dolphin, that's so sad about the house : ( Do the 18 and 20 year olds not contribute board/rent or anything?
    At least it means the pressure is off though, which must be good.

yay Trish under 200! Woop woop!

Picked up the cross trainer thing yesterday... I was after 5 minutes on it, thinking these things are impossible! then realised it was on max. resistance. Doh. Turned it down and will have another go later.

I want to download an audio book to listen to while I play on it, the ones on iTunes are quite expensive. I tried getting one off Audible, but their file formats and software I found out AFTER buying the thing won't work on my mp3 player (a Sony one).
    Does anyone know of places to download mp3 or similar ones? I'm happy to pay, but $45 off iTunes is a bit excessive, I think.

Bought a couple of pairs of jeans from work today from the recycled clothing place - one pair fit nicely now and are a 14(12US), the other is just a tiny bit tight and a 13(11US). but I'm figuring they'll either stretch, or I'll un-grow into them soon!
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Dolphin - I'm sorry about your Mom's housing situation! I'm glad to hear that she's keeping such a healthy attitude about it all!

Stacey - I'm impressed that you get all these projects done! I used to cross stitch but that has gone to the wayside at the moment. I'm hoping once my kiddos get a bit older I can take it back up again! :P

Melissa - I too am a cereal junkie. :) Of course I love all the bad ones! :P Oh well! Glad you're weather is improving.

Sarah - Thinking positive thoughts that you will soon fit into those 13 jeans!! :)

The weather here has really started to warm up! That is, into the 80s! :P I'm originally from MN and I love to have it nice and cold, I tend to overheat really easily. This is why I've always enjoyed swimming the most to work out because I don't overheat. Did my elliptical for hte first time in a few weeks and pushed myself a little too hard. So felt ill for about 30 min. after. *sigh

So now Eve is feeling better but I have some kind of stomach flu that's having me visit the great throne way more often then I would like! :( But my hubby says I'm just getting it all out of the way now so I don't get sick on my cruise! (2 weeks and counting! I'm so excited!)

Went out with friends for her birthday. Had a small margarita and that was it (with lots and lots of water). Even turned down free mexican food from my friends who didn't want all of theirs! I was quite proud of myself! :D Hoping to get under 210 before my cruise which is only about 3 pounds away so hopefully I should do that and then some in the next 2 weeks! :P

Tomorrow I get to hang out with my sister and my nephew (who is 3 weeks younger than my youngest....both about 6 motnhs!) So excited! Doing dinner over at my parents, which usually means going out. My goal, to eat a light breakfast and lunch and to look up calories for the place they choose before we go so I know what to get. Thinking positively that tomorrow I can stay under my calorie goal! *fingers crossed praying hard!

Have a great weekend!

Valerie
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    All this food around my house has got to go, we are getting rid of candy by end of the week. Husband has install hours this week, so he goes in at midnight tonight and then back to normal on Monday, the trips are napping and the older 2 are outside, I should be cleaning but I am too tired to do that, but I am going to get there. I like to clean at night for some reason i pick up som extra energy, that is my goal tongith after i get the kids to be 45 minutes clean/15 play computer and repeat 3 or 4 times depending on what time it is . did not make gym tonight and not sure if i will get to do the Wii later, i haven't run in a week, been biking but not running, hope i can do it again.
  • deana_lynne
    Options
    I'm mainly a Sahm to my 4 year old lil girl, I do substitue when needed but thats very part time!

How can I join you ladies? What do I need to do? What are your goals?