Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :yawn: bump
  • arevilla
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I am at a relatively healthy bmi, however, since the Holidays I have went from 125 to 133 and am trying to lose the extra pounts. I have worn the same size pants clothing for about 5 years and I refuse to buy large clothes to suit the extra weight gain. I exercise twice a day, 30 minutes during lunch that consists of just cardio. In the evening, I do the P90X workout with my husband. I have notice that I am toning up a bit more, but haven't lost those extra pounds. I do try to eat my workout calories, but i don't start eating the workout calories until after dinner, does your research show that eating after 7:00 p.m. is bad?
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    another one of Banks...so we KNOW it's a good informative one!:drinker:
  • ametis
    ametis Posts: 15
    Options
    thank you for those clear information Bank :)
  • chunkymonkeyme
    Options
    Hi Banks,

I read your post ....make sense for me, thanks for the info ...

Butwhat the heck is 'bump' ... i'm seeing it in a lot of places.

Can you explain.
  • chunkymonkeyme
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a 'newbie' on here ... can someone explain what 'bump' is?

i've read some of 'Banks' posts but 'nuttin' 'bout bump' there, lol.

Thanks,
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    lol, bump is just a generic way to bring a post back to the top. It's kind of a respect thing. If you think a post is worth others seeing, bump it.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Great info! Adding it to 'my topics'.

Thanx!:smile:
  • countingdown
    countingdown Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much -- reading this came at the perfect time.

I am new here and was expecting quicker weight loss since I was new ... but even when I did WW really good I only averaged 1-pound a week loss. And 1-pound a week really adds up. I want to lose 50, so in one year I should be at my goal.

This post really confirmed that I am doing the right thing and to be happy :love: with a 1-pound weight loss, or maybe even 1/2 pound if that happens some too.

~Tammy
    :flowerforyou:
  • annaoj99
    annaoj99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump, definitely worth remembering!!
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Bump - good advice
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options

I am new here and was expecting quicker weight loss since I was new ... but even when I did WW really good I only averaged 1-pound a week loss. And 1-pound a week really adds up. I want to lose 50, so in one year I should be at my goal.

This post really confirmed that I am doing the right thing and to be happy :love: with a 1-pound weight loss, or maybe even 1/2 pound if that happens some too.

~Tammy

Well, I pretty much followed the advice on this thread and have lost nearly 50 in about a year and a half, so it's certainly working! :-)
  • lchisum
    lchisum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok, I still have an unanswered question. I am guilty of coming in under my daily goal, but when I eat at my goal level or near it and close out my day it will tell me that "if you ate like this every day for 5 weeks you would weigh..." and the weight is almost ALWAYS above my weight loss goal! How can I reach my goal if I eat the calories it tells me and then tells me the calories I have eaten will help me weigh more than my goal? Am I making sense? Help.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Ok, I still have an unanswered question. I am guilty of coming in under my daily goal, but when I eat at my goal level or near it and close out my day it will tell me that "if you ate like this every day for 5 weeks you would weigh..." and the weight is almost ALWAYS above my weight loss goal! How can I reach my goal if I eat the calories it tells me and then tells me the calories I have eaten will help me weigh more than my goal? Am I making sense? Help.

that little "if every day were like today..." thing is just a gadget, it doesn't take into account your personal information. All it does is generically grab your deficit, and work out how long it would take for you to reach your goal if there were no other considerations, you shouldn't count on that little blurb for your weight loss records. Becoming healthy is more than just your calorie deficit.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

~Tammy

Well, I pretty much followed the advice on this thread and have lost nearly 50 in about a year and a half, so it's certainly working! :-)

^ raises hand!^ 36 here and my goal was 30~~:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump